Undergraduate with an exotic background

• Thread starter yezia
  • Start date
In summary, an undergraduate with an exotic background is a student who brings a unique and diverse perspective to their academic studies. They may have grown up in a different country or culture, have a multilingual background, or come from a family with distinctive traditions and beliefs. This can enrich their educational experience and provide a valuable perspective in discussions and debates. Exotic background undergraduates may also face challenges such as adjusting to a new environment and navigating cultural differences, but their diverse background can also open up opportunities for international studies, research, and career paths. Overall, an undergraduate with an exotic background brings a valuable and diverse perspective to the academic community.
yezia
How did you find PF?
I was looking for reorientation/coming back to physics advices on google.
Hello dear people!

Who am I ?
I am a mixed african/russian physics enthusiast and after 17 years of education in the french system (AEFE in Africa), I started an undergraduate degree in Canada. I am 22 years old.
I have a peculiar interest in both the very abstract theoretical aspects and the more practical computational formulation of physics.

Why am I here ?
I eventually decided to drop out of my BSc, and I thus wanted to read some advices from the STEM community on what should I do next. But I will talk about it in another proper thread.
Moreover, I did not practice physics for almost a year now. I sincerely hope I will be able to help some people for their homeworks in the forum !

My favourite equation ?
Probably the Boltzmann transport equation :
$$\dfrac{\partial f}{\partial t} + \mathbf{v}\cdot\nabla_{\mathbf{r}}f + \dfrac{\mathbf{F}_\rm{ext}}{m}\cdot\nabla_{\mathbf{v}}f = \mathrm{Coll}\left[f\right].$$

See you later!

Likes Wrichik Basu and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, it's good to have you here. :smile:

Likes yezia