Unleash Your Curiosity: Join the PhysicsForums Community Today!

• Thread starter andrew_bak
  • Start date
In summary, PhysicsForums is a vibrant online community where individuals can unleash their curiosity and engage in discussions on various topics related to physics. With a diverse range of users, from students to professionals, PhysicsForums offers a platform for sharing knowledge, asking questions, and exploring the latest developments in the field of physics. By joining this community, members can expand their understanding of physics and connect with like-minded individuals who share their passion for the subject. Whether seeking help with homework or delving into complex theories, PhysicsForums has something for everyone looking to enhance their understanding of the world around us.
andrew_bak
How did you find PF?
Reddit
I came across this community in hopes of expanding my knowledge and satisfying my curiosity. So many unanswered questions. So many possibilities. So many potential outcomes.

Last edited:
Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
andrew_bak said:
How did you find PF?: Reddit

Why are beta voltaic cells so inefficient? Is it because the incident electrons are incredibly fast? According to a research, the incident electrons that get absorbed by the voltaic material are so fast that most of their energy is wasted as phonon and sonic energy. If we substantially slow down the electrons; will the conversion efficiency rise? If yes, how slow should they be? And by how much will the efficiency rise?
Welcome to PhysicsForums! :smile:

The New Member Introduction forum is only for brief introductions, not for technical questions. Please post your question in the Classical Physics forum, mark it with a "B" prefix (for Basic level discussion), and pleases include links to a couple of the sources you have been reading about your question. That will make it much easier to help you understand the issues.

Enjoy PF! :smile:

berkeman said:
Welcome to PhysicsForums! :smile:

The New Member Introduction forum is only for brief introductions, not for technical questions. Please post your question in the Classical Physics forum, mark it with a "B" prefix (for Basic level discussion), and pleases include links to a couple of the sources you have been reading about your question. That will make it much easier to help you understand the issues.

Enjoy PF! :smile:
Thank you for your reply. Will definitely re-edit my New Member Introduction paragraph.