Very cool factory production line photos

• Thread starter berkeman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Photos
berkeman
Mentor
I almost posted this in the GD Random Photos thread, but I thought folks in this forum would appreciated it more. These photos from the production lines inside factories are very cool, IMO. One of my first summer jobs in high school was in a factory similar to these...

1696896938719.png

1696896966047.png

1696897019882.png

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2023/10/business/american-manufacturing-cnnphotos/

• Love
Likes dlgoff, DaveC426913, Lnewqban and 3 others
Engineering news on Phys.org
Mike, there are a couple of TV shows that I watch, one called Inside the Factory and the other is Food Factories (or something like those two names) and, yeah, the production line pics/vids they show are really fascinating.

I think the most amazing one I've seen was a machine that took raw eggs, in the shell, and at an astonishing rate cracked the shell and separated the whites from the yolks without ever making a mistake.

Likes berkeman
phinds said:
Mike, there are a couple of TV shows that I watch, one called Inside the Factory and the other is Food Factories (or something like those two names) and, yeah, the production line pics/vids they show are really fascinating.
Here, we have a show called 'How It's Made'.
1696991861307.png

Likes berkeman
Yeah, I watch that one too, and like it as well.

DaveC426913 said:
Here, we have a show called 'How It's Made'.
View attachment 333430
What a classic. I wish they aired it more often instead of the naked survival thing or the guys bidding on containers and similar things.

Likes DaveC426913
Juanda said:
What a classic. I wish they aired it more often instead of the naked survival thing or the guys bidding on containers and similar things.
I agree.

Juanda said:
All 24 seasons are available on streaming platforms. Discovery+ even has it with no ads.

• Informative
Likes Juanda

Related to Very cool factory production line photos

What makes factory production line photos so fascinating?

Factory production line photos are fascinating because they offer a glimpse into the complex and often highly automated processes that create everyday products. The intricate machinery, precision, and coordination involved captivate both tech enthusiasts and the general public alike.

How do photographers capture the essence of a production line in their photos?

Photographers capture the essence of a production line by focusing on key elements such as the machinery, the workers, and the products being made. They often use techniques like long exposure to show movement, close-ups to highlight details, and wide-angle shots to provide context. Lighting and composition are also crucial to conveying the scale and complexity of the operation.

What types of factories are most commonly featured in production line photos?

Factories that are commonly featured in production line photos include those in the automotive, electronics, food and beverage, and textile industries. These sectors often have visually striking and highly automated production lines that make for compelling photography.

Are there any safety concerns when photographing factory production lines?

Yes, there are safety concerns when photographing factory production lines. Photographers must adhere to strict safety protocols, including wearing protective gear, staying clear of hazardous areas, and following the factory's guidelines. Ensuring that the photography does not disrupt the production process is also crucial.

Can factory production line photos be used for educational purposes?

Absolutely, factory production line photos can be a valuable educational tool. They can help students and professionals understand manufacturing processes, the use of technology in production, and the importance of efficiency and quality control. These photos can be used in textbooks, presentations, and training materials to illustrate real-world applications of industrial engineering and manufacturing principles.