Welcome to Our Community - Learn and Grow!

• Thread starter Logik
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Welcome
In summary: Whoever said...In summary, Logik found this forum and is looking to learn more about it. He is from Canada and is in grade 12. He has one excuse for not being able to spell and is still undecided on what he wants to do with his life.
Logik
Hi, well I'm new here.. and I wanted to congradulated you guys for making this awsome community... I've been sick all week & I've stumbled upon this forum... I read a lot of stuff here & learned way more then if I went to school... anyways that's about it, I should be around here now hoping to get the most of knowledge :P

Logik

p.s. sorry for misspells as english is my third language

Physics news on Phys.org
Logik said:
p.s. sorry for misspells as english is my third language
It is people like you that make me sick. :-p One language Bob at your service :biggrin:
Logik said:
Hi, well I'm new here.. and I wanted to congradulated you guys for making this awsome community... I've been sick all week & I've stumbled upon this forum... I read a lot of stuff here & learned way more then if I went to school... anyways that's about it, I should be around here now hoping to get the most of knowledge :P

You should learn loads here. I have. It is a great place. Loads of great people. Do you want fish or lobster? :smile:

Anyway Welcome to PF.

The Bob (2004 ©)

Welcome to PF, Logik!

You'll be feigning illness more often now, ehh?

...or did this sickness occur after stumbling onto PF? :biggrin:

Welcome, Logik! What other languages do you use and where do you live? :smile:

Now now, let's not nosy, lol.

Why not? I love learning about other people! :smile:

good one BoulderHead... well I talk french, english, spanish, german but I'm not near being perfect in any of them as one of my teacher said once if you don't master your first language don't brag about being bilangual or trilangual (not shure about spelling) because your not... anyways not too shure what may point was but you that's me & I come from Montreal, QC, CANADA :P and one day I might be a physicist :) still in a dilema between physics & medschool :/ so hard to choose what your suposed to do for the rest of your life when there is so mutch to be done...

Welcome to PF logik!

You sound like you will fit right in. :approve:

P.S. - Don't worry about the spelling, quite a few of the people here whose first language is English can't spell (and they have no excuse). The spell check feature will correct some of the words, so feel free to use that.

I'm sort of new here too, and this forum is great! A ton of information...

Welcome!

The spell check feature will correct some of the words, so feel free to use that.

Unless, like me, you are a REALLY bad speller, with a large vocabulary, then the sites spell checker is not so much help. I use a IE browser plugin called iespell which has a very good dictionary and is generally able to figure out what I mean, not what I spelled.

Integral said:
Unless, like me, you are a REALLY bad speller, with a large vocabulary
I don't think it's fair to count each spelling variant as a distinct word. :-p

Oops- Welcome to PF, Logik and scarecrow! :biggrin:

Last edited:
honestrosewater said:
I don't think it's fair to count each spelling variant as a distinct word. :-p

Oops- Welcome to PF, Logik and scarecrow! :biggrin:
Oh dang, you just cut my vocab by a factor of 10!

Hurray! Another Canadian :biggrin:

what grade/year of university are you in?

Evo said:
Welcome to PF logik!

You sound like you will fit right in. :approve:

P.S. - Don't worry about the spelling, quite a few of the people here whose first language is English can't spell (and they have no excuse). The spell check feature will correct some of the words, so feel free to use that.

I have every excuse for not being abel to spell. Ok well actaully i only hav one, but its perfectly legitimate.

hahah

well I'm in CEGEP which would be grade 12 but I still have another year before going to university... we have some weird school system around here... :)

Evo said:

So that's why we have that.

Logik said:
Nice forum!
Thanks, made it myself.

Smurf said:
Thanks, made it myself.

Yeah, but Greg thought of it.

Shhh Chrono, stop stealing my thunder!

Smurf said:
Shhh Chrono, stop stealing my thunder!

I didn't steal anything. Greg did.

Chrono said:
I didn't steal anything. Greg did.

Yup, first rule of PF: If something breaks blam greg.

Second rule: Even though its actually tribdog's fault

franznietzsche said:
Yup, first rule of PF: If something breaks blam greg.

Second rule: Even though its actually tribdog's fault
Franz meant to write "... it's actually ..." :smile:

Whoever said English grammar was logical?!?

Hi all, I also joined recently, but I can already say:

This forum is addicting :bugeye:
PF makes me think of many topics that I have never thought about.
You learn alot.

Blam you, Gregg, blam you!

BoulderHead said:
Blam you, Gregg, blam you!

I second that.

Related to Welcome to Our Community - Learn and Grow!

What is "Welcome to Our Community - Learn and Grow!"?

"Welcome to Our Community - Learn and Grow!" is an online platform that serves as a hub for individuals who are interested in learning and growing in various fields. It provides resources, courses, and a supportive community to help individuals achieve their personal and professional goals.

Who can join "Welcome to Our Community - Learn and Grow!"?

Anyone who is eager to learn and grow can join our community. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds, ages, and skill levels. Our goal is to create an inclusive and diverse community that fosters personal and professional growth.

What kind of resources are available on "Welcome to Our Community - Learn and Grow!"?

We offer a variety of resources, including online courses, webinars, articles, and forums to help individuals learn and grow. Our courses cover a wide range of topics such as personal development, career advancement, and skill-building. We also have a library of articles and webinars on various topics to provide additional knowledge and insights.

How can I interact with other members on "Welcome to Our Community - Learn and Grow!"?

Our platform has a built-in forum where members can interact with each other, ask questions, and share their knowledge and experiences. We also have a messaging system that allows for private conversations between members. Additionally, we organize virtual events and workshops to facilitate networking and collaboration among our community members.

Is there a cost to join "Welcome to Our Community - Learn and Grow!"?

Joining our community is completely free. However, some courses and resources may have a cost associated with them. We strive to keep our resources affordable and accessible to all our members, and we also offer scholarships and financial aid for those in need.