What are the key topics in modern physics and engineering?

• Thread starter koluacik
  • Start date
In summary, the key topics in modern physics and engineering include quantum mechanics, relativity, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, and computational methods. These topics are at the forefront of scientific research and have significant applications in various fields such as technology, medicine, and energy production. Additionally, the study of materials and their properties, as well as the development of advanced technologies like nanotechnology, are also important areas of focus in modern physics and engineering. Overall, the integration of theoretical concepts and practical applications is essential in advancing our understanding of the physical world and driving technological advancements.
koluacik
How did you find PF?
I found this forum while doing random search on Google.
I studied physics about 30 years ago. I am interested machine design, mechatronics, innovation.
I am computer programmer and MCU programmer.

Likes PeroK and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF! :smile:

berkeman said:
Welcome to PF! :smile:
Thanks a lot. I am here for a special physics problem. I hope one can help me.

Likes berkeman
koluacik said:
Thanks a lot. I am here for a special physics problem. I hope one can help me.
If it's a schoolwork question (even for self-study), start a new thread in the Homework Help forums and show your best efforts to work on the problem. You will get great tutorial help at PF as long as you show your own efforts first.

If it's a general technical question or a problem from your work, start a thread in the appropriate technical forum and again, show what you have done so far to try to figure out the problem. It is also helpful to post links to what you have been reading to try to figure it out.

Enjoy PF! :smile:

Likes dlgoff
Thank you forr you detailed reply. Not a schoolwork question. In fact it is a question I know answer, I asked to one mechanical engineer, an aircraft engineer, a physicist, an associate professor and professor on mechanical engineering. They all replied same as me. I think we may forget something, because of that I need other experienced eyes and brains.

By the way, the problem is about circular motion, very very simple. Today or tomorrow I will write it here detailed.

Thanks.

We have seen your new thread, and it is under Mentor review (so it may not be visible in the general forums at the moment)... This process can take up to a day.

berkeman said:
We have seen your new thread, and it is under Mentor review (so it may not be visible in the general forums at the moment)... This process can take up to a day.
Thanks, I was afraid of that I violated a rule.

We're not sure yet.

Your thread has been approved for now, and members are asking for clarification in the thread. Thanks. :smile:

berkeman said:
We're not sure yet.

Your thread has been approved for now, and members are asking for clarification in the thread. Thanks. :smile:
Dear Berkeman, thanks foryour answers and comments. I will reply all at night.

Regards

Likes berkeman
koluacik said:
Dear Berkeman, thanks foryour answers and comments. I will reply all at night.

Regards
Hello Berkeman,
So sorry I could not reply yesterday night, I was busy with an electronic project.

Thanks a lot for your approval of my thread.

Related to What are the key topics in modern physics and engineering?

1. What is quantum mechanics?

Quantum mechanics is a branch of physics that describes the behavior of particles at the atomic and subatomic level. It explains how particles such as electrons and photons behave and interact with each other.

2. What is relativity?

Relativity is a theory in physics that explains how the laws of physics apply to objects moving at very high speeds or in strong gravitational fields. It is divided into two parts: special relativity, which deals with objects moving at constant speeds, and general relativity, which deals with objects in accelerating frames of reference.

3. What is the role of mathematics in modern physics and engineering?

Mathematics plays a crucial role in modern physics and engineering. It is used to describe and model physical phenomena, make predictions, and test theories. Many complex equations and mathematical concepts, such as calculus and linear algebra, are essential tools for understanding and advancing modern physics and engineering.

4. What are the key topics in modern engineering?

Some key topics in modern engineering include materials science, robotics, renewable energy, nanotechnology, and artificial intelligence. These areas of study are constantly evolving and have a significant impact on various industries, such as aerospace, transportation, and healthcare.

5. How does modern physics and engineering contribute to society?

Modern physics and engineering have numerous applications that greatly benefit society. These include advancements in technology, such as computers, telecommunications, and medical equipment, as well as improvements in transportation, energy production, and environmental sustainability. Additionally, modern physics and engineering research often leads to new discoveries and innovations that have the potential to improve our daily lives and shape the future.