What connections can be made between econometrics and physics?

• Thread starter azeow
  • Start date
In summary, connections can be made between econometrics and physics through the use of mathematical models and principles in both fields. Both disciplines also rely on data analysis and statistical methods to understand and predict complex systems. Furthermore, concepts such as causality and correlation are crucial in both econometrics and physics, as they help explain the relationships between variables and phenomena. Additionally, econometric models can be used to analyze economic systems in a similar way that physical models are used to understand the behavior of physical systems. Overall, the study of econometrics and physics share many similarities and can greatly benefit from cross-disciplinary research and collaboration.
azeow
How did you find PF?
Via google search
Hi !

I'm a student in economics who try to turn more in statistics and econometrics, the latter (and my financial time series course) provided me an unexpected interest in physics (in addition to my interest in statistics) since a lot of things in econometrics are borrowed to physics aha

I hope learn a lot here and be able to help others ! :)

Likes berkeman and PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

Likes azeow