What Drives a Physics Student to Explore Beyond University Curriculum?

• Thread starter Andre_86
  • Start date
In summary, a physics student is often driven to explore beyond the university curriculum due to their innate curiosity and passion for the subject. They are constantly seeking out new challenges and pushing the boundaries of their knowledge, driven by a desire to understand the fundamental laws of the universe. This drive is also fueled by the rapidly advancing field of physics, which constantly presents new and exciting discoveries to be explored. Additionally, many students are motivated by the potential for making groundbreaking contributions to the field and leaving a lasting impact on scientific progress. Ultimately, the drive to explore beyond the university curriculum is a combination of personal curiosity, intellectual challenge, and the potential for significant scientific advancement.
Andre_86
How did you find PF?
I found PF in search of a forum in which i can talk about scientific topics and different science theory
Hi all! I am student who interested in science. I hope talk about different science theory in this forum.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello and :welcome: !

I hope you mean science as taught at universities, since that is what we are committed to.

Have fun and stay curious!

Likes Frabjous and sysprog
Hi @Andre_86, and welcome aboard PF . . .

fresh_42 said:
Hello and :welcome: !

I hope you mean science as taught at universities, since that is what we are committed to.

Have fun and stay curious!
Yes. I mean science as taught at universities. I am study at second course on faculty of physics. I try to study physical theories which are outside the university program. I am most interested in field theory, relativity (general and special), quantum mechanics. Despite the fact that I still know a small part of the mathematical analysis that I study, I try to study the necessary mathematical apparatus in order to understand the essence of physical theories. I was looking for a similar forum, so that in parallel with self-study i can ask questions that may be of interest

Likes Keith_McClary, PeroK, sysprog and 1 other person