What is the Best Saxophone Song?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, some of the best songs are "Baker Street" by Gerry Rafferty, "Guns N Roses, Sweet Child O' Mine." by Axl Rose, "Bruce Springsteen - "tunnel of love"" by Led Zeppelin, "Honor thy Father" by Dream Theater, and "Octavarium" by Dream Theater.
As a reaction to the concurrent most pathetic noises thread ever, the opposite:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
This, of course, is the best national anthem in the world.
The first image is the front of the Royal Palace here in Oslo, and the video ends with showing Galdhøpiggen, Norway's highest mountain (2469 m. a. s.)

46 pages, and THIS song is missing - somethings going wrong here ! :cry:

Sweet Home Alabama, by Lynyrd Skynyrd

Flanders and Swann, 2nd Law Of Thermodynamics...
http://www.uky.edu/~holler/CHE107/media/first_second_law.mp3

The more I look at this thread, the more I come to the conclusion that ALL the good stuff is still missing ! But don't worry, I'll try my best to fix it, bit by bit.

"Pet Sematary", The Ramones

"Walk this Way", Aerosmith vs. Run DMC

EDIT: You really should turn up the volume for this one !

you must hear this
Title:Waiting for My Real Life to Begin
Artist : Colin Hay

"Tainted Love", Marilyn Manson

Oberst Villa said:
"Tainted Love", Marilyn Manson

Hmm..I'd rather say Soft Cell's version:

arildno said:
Hmm..I'd rather say Soft Cell's version:

The sound is not bad, but the video is kind of... strange (I know that I have no right to make such a statement after posting the Marilyn Manson link :biggrin:)

Anyway, here are Die Toten Hosen, "Pushed Again"

There are a trillion other absolute fantastic songs by the Hosen, unfortunately (for you) most of them in german. And I do not know whether the mentors look kindly on someone who floods this thread with stuff nobody can understand. Maybe one day when I have established myself as a usefull member of the forum I will post them all.

I might have posted this here before, but "Ride On" is AC/DC's best song ever. Angus' bluesy lead is killer and Bon Scott... such a loss.

Black Widow of LaPorte by John5, Save Me by KMFDM, Lamb of God by Marilyn Manson, 2000 Years of Human Error by Godhead, and Sleepwalking Past Hope by H.I.M.

"Don't Gimme That", Aloha from Hell

German newcomers. If they make it to the top of your charts, don't forget that is was ME who showed them to you first ! :approve:

Seriously, possibly not one of the best songs ever, just my favourite song for today. The video makes her look like a Avril Lavigne wannebe, but the sound or her voice or whatever, don't really know, somehow makes me think of Kelly Clarkson. If you don't like either of them it's probably no song for you.

A song that holds special meaning for me, "You're the first, my last, my everything" by the King of Soul: Barry White.

http://www.yamelo.com/videoclip/c1_16366_barry_white_youre_the_first_the_last_my_everything.html

Yamelo.com is actually a great site to browse all your favorite music: you can search by a timeline and it shows you all the top hits for that date :biggrin: (brings back memories)

http://www.yamelo.com/videoclip/c2_10018_aphrodites_child_break.html

Thanks for that link, Monique. Sure enough, I stumbled across some stuff I liked at the time and haven't heard for a while, like a few numbers from the Hollies.

It's hard to watch the lip-synching in the video, but the song is a favorite.
http://www.yamelo.com/videoclip/c1_15475_the_hollies_he_aint_heavy_hes_my_brother.html

Another bad video with a really hot song. I used to play this one at frat parties.
http://www.yamelo.com/videoclip/c0_35492_the_hollies_long_cool_woman_in_a_black_dress.html

"Out in the Fields" Gary Moore and Phil Lynott

Probably not one of the best videos ever, but the song surely is !

Jackson 5:

http://www.yamelo.com/videoclip/c0_41650_jackson_5_i_want_you_back.html

I was brought up with this kind of music, I never realized that it was actually a kid singing this song (never mind that I knew it was Michael Jackson until I saw the videoclip :smile:)

One of the toughest songs I ever learned to play on guitar. Even after I discovered an article that gave the odd tuning, I was months working it out. Black Mountainside by LZ.

Had a bit to drink tonight and started thinking about this song again. Just one more time...

The SS Edmund Fitzgerald, nicknamed "Mighty Fitz," "The Fitz," or "The Big Fitz," was an American lake freighter, launched on June 8, 1958. Until the 1970s, she was the largest ship on the Great Lakes. During a Lake Superior gale storm on November 10, 1975, the Fitzgerald sank suddenly, without sending any distress signals, in 530 feet (162 m) of water at [show location on an interactive map] 46°59.9′N, 85°06.6′W, in Canadian waters approximately 17 miles (15 nmi; 27 km) from the entrance to Whitefish Bay. All 29 hands in the crew perished, presumably by drowning. The incident is the most famous disaster in the history of Great Lakes shipping,[1] and is the subject of Gordon Lightfoot's hit song, "The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iquCHSkmUek

turbo-1 said:
One of the toughest songs I ever learned to play on guitar. Even after I discovered an article that gave the odd tuning, I was months working it out. Black Mountainside by LZ.

Yes, this is a really good song. The odd beat is harder to learn than the dadgad tuning, it keeps changing!

Cool sound AND eyecandy:

"Shut up and drive", Rihanna

Oberst Villa said:
The sound is not bad, but the video is kind of... strange (I know that I have no right to make such a statement after posting the Marilyn Manson link :biggrin:)

Anyway, here are Die Toten Hosen, "Pushed Again"

There are a trillion other absolute fantastic songs by the Hosen, unfortunately (for you) most of them in german. And I do not know whether the mentors look kindly on someone who floods this thread with stuff nobody can understand. Maybe one day when I have established myself as a usefull member of the forum I will post them all.

Gloria Jones' original version from the 1960's aint bad, either:

jmnance said:
Black Widow of LaPorte by John5, Save Me by KMFDM, Lamb of God by Marilyn Manson, 2000 Years of Human Error by Godhead, and Sleepwalking Past Hope by H.I.M.

I love KMFDM's Mini Mini Mini jazz mix.

Oberst Villa said:
Cool sound AND eyecandy:

"Shut up and drive", Rihanna

This reminded me of one you might like...
Mr. BT Feat. Mike Doughty - Gone In 60 Seconds: Never Gonna Come Back Down

TheStatutoryApe said:
I love KMFDM's Mini Mini Mini jazz mix.

This reminded me of one you might like...
Mr. BT Feat. Mike Doughty - Gone In 60 Seconds: Never Gonna Come Back Down

Hmmm, not really my thing, though this Mike Doughty surely is an interesting guy (I had plenty of time to google for him and do many other things while loading the clip - I have a prehistoric dial-up connection). thanks a lot, anyway.

arildno said:
Gloria Jones' original version from the 1960's aint bad, either:

Interesting, so this is the orignal one - had never heard it before, only knew the one from Soft Cell. Still, for me still Marilyn Mansons version is the best !