What is Your IQ? Share Your Experience

• Thread starter yu_wing_sin
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Iq
In summary: IQ was probably around 150. My parents were very disappointed when I got a score of 114 on the Stanford Binet IQ test (I think).What is your IQ?I think my IQ is around 15x.
My IQ is 60.. thank god for spell check :wink:

Physics news on Phys.org
Statistically you shouldn't have gotten past 5th grade with an IQ of 60...

your IQ is 60 and you've been at PF for about 3 years?

yu_wing_sin said:
What is your IQ?

Mine is about .1 right now...a little over the legal limit I believe. I'm shootin' for double.

Mine was 103 in 2nd grade. But what I lack in IQ, i make up for in penis length.

Smurf said:
Statistically you shouldn't have gotten past 5th grade with an IQ of 60...

87 percent of people who begin sentences with "Statistically..." are full of horse poo.

people who say 'horse poo' have small weiners

Smurf said:
people who say 'horse poo' have small weiners

What does that say about you then Smurf? :smile:

Mine is 7.5" - :P

honestly, i wasted my time taking a couple of online iq tests about 3 years ago. The second one was to verify the unbelievable score I got on the first one, but if you know iq tests they are all very similar, so i scored even higher on the second one.

I still don't believe my score, but if anything it has ruined me. I'd rather not know than have an unjustified inflated opinion of myself. It doesn't matter so much how big your gun is, as how you use it. I want to use mine to keep peace. (Movie: Schindler's List)

Potential will always be greater than what's actualized, am I write or am I write? Of course I am writing... 162 (are u f-n kidding?)... there's something defin8ly wrong with those tests.

Townsend said:
What does that say about you then Smurf? :smile:
That I'm a liar :zzz: duh.

P.S. You owe me commentary on my democracy!

Smurf said:
P.S. You owe me commentary on my democracy!

I know... :redface: I get lazy...

But you will get it...I promise :smile:

I scored 147 on my mensa exam (top 3%)

awwww such a smart cookie. You're mother must be proud.

UK Mensa and the Cattell IQ test

*Kia* said:
I scored 147 on my mensa exam
How many standard deviations from the mean is that?

Since you are in the UK, maybe you were administered the Cattell. Since the Cattell has a standard deviation of 24, this would mean you scored 1.9583 standard deviations from the mean, which is just shy of the 2 standard deviations needed to qualify for Mensa. The equivalent Wechsler score would be 129.375.

Last edited:
Yeah my point is if my IQ is really 104, that's ok. I made 99th percentile of girls, 98th of men on the electronics portion of my ASVAB, and that stuff is practical.

The Navy won't stop sending me offers to work on nuclear reactors / aircraft carriers o-o;

they sent me a bunch of nuke stuff too. they don't do it anymore, though

yourdadonapogostick said:
they sent me a bunch of nuke stuff too. they don't do it anymore, though

Indeed. Took me forever to shake them off. Only to find out that the army won't leave me alone after I applied for a job. Never ends!

Now back to the thread.

*sigh* you americans and your military. The Canadian Navy can't afford to send people junk mail.

i shook them off by joining. i wanted to be a nuke anyway

maddonna-140
William Gates-160

just something I knew from somewhere.

Who believes in the theory of multiple intelligences? I have a hard time believing that William Gates is just about as smart as A. Einstein is... These little IQ test seem to be missing something that separates true genius from everyone else. For one they are a combination of different problem solving skills. That does not take into account that some people have vastly superior areas of intelligence and are sub par in other areas.

For example, men are generally better at solving geometry problems than women and women are generally better at language than men are. So how can one intelligence score accurately reflect the talents of particular people?

My point is that the number is essentially, worthless. It’s like measuring a cpu's performance in terms of mega hertz. Sure, it tells us something about performance but it hardly tells us what that machine is truly capable of doing.

Regards

there seems to be a lot of iq sites, check out this one

http://www.cerebrals.org

and they have a webpage which lists whole bunch of other sites also

GCT said:
The thing about taking a test while intoxicated I think is that you kind of lose some of your important perceptions e.g. you may think that you're actually performing incredibly fast and have plenty of time left, when actually the test is almost over, this may well apply to your perception of how well you're doing also. If you want to get a 100 on a test, don't drink before
I tried a different approach once. Doing an exam with a woeful hangover. :rolleyes: It actually worked very well, as knowing you're in a race to finish your paper before you throw up is a great way to concentrate the mind. :biggrin:

Art said:
I tried a different approach once. Doing an exam with a woeful hangover. :rolleyes: It actually worked very well, as knowing you're in a race to finish your paper before you throw up is a great way to concentrate the mind. :biggrin:

I tried once to do my history homework after knocking back a few smirnoff drinks and a sam adams. My drawing skills are sloppy and horrible, and my writing is off the wall.

Needless the say my teacher asked me if I was drinking when i did the assignment.

Ranging from the IQ tests I've taken on the internet I've scored from 90 to 220+. On the MEASA one I got 122.

220+, wow you must be the smartest person in the world. Now why don't you get that brain of yours to get you a Nobel Prize or perhaps a Macarthur Genius Grant ;)

Heh, of course I don't think internet IQ tests mean jack. But I did tell my mom about the Macarthur Genius Grant (not that I wanted to seriously apply) and she though I was lying. And 220 isn't close to being the highest IQ in the world. I think the highest you can get is 300 and people I believe have scored off the charts. I know Stephen Hawking has like 262, but in all fairness I heard that on the simpsons.

i think there's one society where the p[oeple who qualify are in the top 1 percentile. giga, or something

High-IQ societies, at and above the 99th percentile

yomamma said:
i think there's one society where the p[oeple who qualify are in the top 1 percentile. giga, or something
The 99th percentile is only slightly higher than Mensa's 98th percentile. It means a score of 135 instead of 131 on the Wechsler scale.
http://www.prometheussociety.org/mcreport/memb_comm_rept.html#Selectivity%20by

Intertel and TOPS (Top One Percent Society) are two of the 99th percentile societies.

The Mega society threshold is the 99.9999th percentile. The Giga society threshold is the 99.9999999th percentile.
http://www.eskimo.com/~miyaguch/history.html

Last edited by a moderator:
The Mega society threshold is the 99.9999th percentile. The Giga society threshold is the 99.9999999th percentile.

what do these people do for a living?

and there's like 4 people in this society?

Vocations of the ultra-high-g set

GCT said:
what do these people do for a living?
Chris Langan, who is the top scorer on the ultra-high-ceiling tests, used to work as a part-time bouncer and lived on an income of $6,000/year.
google.com/search?q=chris+langan+iq+bouncer

I believe he has retired from bar-bouncing and is now making a living with his writing. The first link in my previous message shows occupations of the committee members who produced that report, but I am not sure what their IQs are.
http://www.prometheussociety.org/mcreport/memb_comm_rept.html

--
FRED BRITTON

I have played poker and engaged in other forms of gambling at which one can get an edge, such as speculative markets. I am currently engaged in several gambling-related programming projects, written in the C language. My long-term ambition is to create a poker program that is to poker what Deep Blue is to chess. I plan to call it Deep Pockets :-)

So as not to be too narrowly focused, I am also learning the winemaking business. Seems like it would be a nice retirement business.

ROBERT DICK

Worked with the Singular Value Decomposition (SVD) for five years, which is the "signal processing" version of factor analysis.

GUY FOGLEMAN

Manager of aerospace R&D projects for the last eleven years.

GREG GROVE

Teacher, School Principle, Professor of Music for seven years. Currently school Principle.

GINA LOSASSO

Clinical Psychologist; Currently on Internship: Major Rotation: Neuropsychology; Minor: Consultation-Liason Psychiatry. Most of my assessment experience has been with head-injured, psychiatric, or medical populations.

BILL McGAUGH

I am a Mathematics/Computer Science teacher at the moment (and have teaching credentials in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Social Sciences, and Physical Education)

DARRYL MIYAGUCHI

15 years at a large engineering firm; current assignment requires some knowledge of basic statistics; competent in C programming; know my way around Excel.

FREDRIK ULLÉN

Currently post-doctoral fellow at Karolinska Institutet (Dept of Neuroscience) and the Royal Institute for Technology (Dept for Numerical Analysis and Computer Science)
(Project: Modelling of neural mechanisms for postural control and spatial orientation)

Free-lance pianist: performs extensively as soloist & chamber musician in Europe, including participation in ca 10 different international music festivals; tour organized by Swedish National Concert Institute, 1997

FRED VAUGHAN

An aerospace engineer for over thirty years with most of that time spent in electronics research. I have studied, designed and implemented tracking filters and spent some time (and budget) looking into the duality of the track-estimation/sensor-tasking-control problem which is quite related to what we have to analyze. I have also coordinated activities for highly technical teams.

HEDLEY ST. JOHN-WILSON

Previous work in media & technology, and television documentaries. I am currently a student.
--

Last edited by a moderator:
Entropy said:
I know Stephen Hawking has like 262, but in all fairness I heard that on the simpsons.
:smile: :smile: :smile:
I am glad you are being honest about this.

regards
marlon

I have done many IQ tests and they have all ranged from between the mid 120's to the high 130's. Don't mean much to me though, still a grease monkey.

My iq is so high that it mocks your pathetic human concept of numbers.

My milk is green, come drink it!