What Set Temperature Achieves 900C Without Controller Offset?

• Thread starter kamran_chemist
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Temperature
kamran_chemist
How to incorporate deviation -9.2C in furnace, while its measured temperature is 909.2C and Display temperature is 900. if there is no option of offset in controller. What will be the set temperature to achieve 900C.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

Can you post datasheets for the oven and controller? Do you have the Owners Manual and Service Manual for both? If so, there is probably some calibration procedure listed.

Also, what other temperature measuring device are you using to sense the "measured temperature"? Are you sure it is accurate?

Likes DeBangis21 and Lord Jestocost
Dear berkeman,

Find attachment for reference.
CALIBRATION.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
kamran_chemist said:
How to incorporate deviation -9.2C in furnace, while its measured temperature is 909.2C and Display temperature is 900. if there is no option of offset in controller. What will be the set temperature to achieve 900C.
This seems too simple, I must not understand something.

You have a thermometer you trust. You can't calibrate your controller. So, why don't you be the controller. Do some experiments and make a lookup table. Ask for the temperature that corresponds with the behavior you want.

PS: If you choose to have a lottery, I've got dibs on 890.8C.

• Haha
Likes Tom.G and russ_watters

FAQ: What Set Temperature Achieves 900C Without Controller Offset?

What is the optimal temperature setting for a home furnace?

The optimal temperature setting for a home furnace typically ranges between 68°F to 72°F (20°C to 22°C) during the day when people are home and active. At night or when the house is empty, it is recommended to lower the temperature by 7°F to 10°F to save energy and reduce heating costs.

How can I adjust the temperature on my furnace?

To adjust the temperature on your furnace, you typically use a thermostat. Modern thermostats can be programmable or smart, allowing you to set different temperatures for various times of the day. For manual thermostats, simply turn the dial or press the buttons to set your desired temperature.

Why is my furnace not reaching the set temperature?

If your furnace is not reaching the set temperature, it could be due to several reasons: a dirty air filter, blocked vents, thermostat issues, or a malfunctioning furnace component. Checking and replacing the air filter, ensuring vents are open and unobstructed, and verifying the thermostat settings can help resolve the issue. If the problem persists, it may require professional inspection and repair.

Is it safe to adjust the furnace temperature frequently?

Yes, it is generally safe to adjust the furnace temperature frequently, especially with modern thermostats designed for this purpose. However, frequent and drastic changes can cause your furnace to work harder, potentially reducing its efficiency and lifespan. Using programmable settings to automate temperature adjustments can help maintain a balance between comfort and efficiency.

How can I improve the efficiency of my furnace when adjusting the temperature?

To improve the efficiency of your furnace, ensure regular maintenance such as cleaning or replacing air filters, sealing leaks in ductwork, and keeping vents open and unobstructed. Additionally, using a programmable or smart thermostat to optimize temperature settings based on your schedule can significantly enhance efficiency and reduce energy consumption.

Back