What website/software can draw optics setups like this?

SmartHu
TL;DR Summary
optics setup drawing
Some time ago, I drew a simple drawing. But now I can't remember how I drew it. Did I use a software or a website?
I remember I could choose some optics components, like the small laser in the image, the mirror mount, etc.
It can do basic light tracing.
It was free.
1.png

Science news on Phys.org
I'm pretty sure WebGL (Javascript) is up to the task. Specifically you might look into the THREE.js module. On the other hand it sounds like you're searching for a particular piece of software. Anyway, good luck.

EDIT: BTW, ATT: moderators. This thread should probably be moved to the computer science/programming forum if the tool in question isn't directly optics-related that is.

Last edited:

Related to What website/software can draw optics setups like this?

What website/software can draw optics setups like this?

There are several options for drawing optics setups, including OpticsWorkbench, GeoGebra, and Optica. Each has its own strengths depending on your specific needs.

Is there any free software available for drawing optics setups?

Yes, GeoGebra and OpticsWorkbench are both free and widely used for creating optics diagrams. They offer robust tools for various optical elements and configurations.

Can I use LaTeX to draw optics setups?

Yes, you can use LaTeX with the TikZ package to draw optics setups. It provides precise control over the placement and styling of optical components, but it has a steeper learning curve compared to graphical software.

What is the best software for professional-quality optics diagrams?

For professional-quality optics diagrams, Optica (formerly known as OSLO) and Zemax are highly recommended. They are powerful tools used in industry and academia, though they may come with a higher cost.

Are there any online tools for drawing optics setups without downloading software?

Yes, websites like OpticsWorkbench and PhET Interactive Simulations offer online tools for drawing and simulating optics setups. These platforms are convenient for quick diagrams and educational purposes.