What would you throw in a black hole?

In summary, if you could throw anything into a black hole, never to be seen again, it would be a kitchen sink.
Pattonias
If you could throw anything into a black hole, never to be seen again, what would it be?

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/07/blackholescience/"

I would throw away the "Top Forty" list used to pick the music on the radio. Does anyone really want to listen to the same forty songs every day for a month. Oh wait, it changed hurray they swapped two songs around. Fantastic...

Good bye, top forty list.

Ah on to the "Top Twenty list"

Last edited by a moderator:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Cyrus, probably?

no, DEFINITELY

I would toss in my scanner, maybe another life form could get the D*$# thing to work.

I would throw in a white hole, and see if it makes a grey hole.

My mother-in-law.

Or my '95 chevy lumina that's beat to hell haha

Ken Kesey - it was that stupid, drug infested, cross country bus tour of his that was eventually responsible for that stupid phrase, "His buddies threw him under the bus."

I would throw in all the conformists in the world, so all that would be left are the non-conformists, like me.

Chi Meson said:
I would throw in all the conformists in the world, so all that would be left are the non-conformists, like me.

Why do you want to throw all the conformists? Just throw their leader, and everyone else would follow him:)

Sure it looks painful to jump in, but he must have done it for a good reason. Let me find my bathing suit...

I'd throw in another black hole just for the heck of it, oh and the language "new-Norwegian" ("Nynorsk").

By the way would the things we threw 'in' actually go in (does this make sense?), I mean from our point of view?

And is it illegal to say you would throw a person into a black hole?

I would like to throw all the people from the top ten countries in HDI scores. Recursively - until my country is in the top ten.

Kronos5253 said:
My mother-in-law.

Or my '95 chevy lumina that's beat to hell haha

My husband? (joking... maybe)

My 95 bonneville (bought in vandalized, literally "beat to hell" condition) finally got towed off, or I'd've said that too!

I'd throw myself in just to see if I would pop out in another dimension or something.

an equally massive black hole.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/science/08/04/pacific.garbage.patch/index.html"

Math Is Hard said:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/science/08/04/pacific.garbage.patch/index.html"

Good answer... I was thinking something along those lines (since I can't REALLY do that to my spouse).

A giganticball of infinite mass to clog up the black hole...like crap clogs up toilets :)

jobyts said:
Cyrus, probably?

Now that's not very nice.:smile:

The universe. Just to see... you know.

Nothing. I am a pack-rat and couldn't live with myself if I threw something in there. LOL

My enemies and tree hippies.

Unpaired socks to find their mates.

Your Mom! Or maybe on the other hand, those who crack those Your Mom Jokes :wink:

Okay, now on the serious note: Hmmm, what to throw into the hole where "spacetime is completely collapsed"? I know! I know! :biggrin: Probably those who say you're supposed to be so original that you can't have any thoughts/feelings of your own to the point your mind is a vegetable, because they say everything you can possibly think/feel is automatically in one of those random millions of books in the world, or because all vocabulary words are found in some "book". Or maybe those people who say you can't eat breakfast because "breakfast" is found in a dictionary. :rolleyes: (For those who are lost, earlier on PF we met a few individuals like that; to let the cat out of the bag I also earlier had a roommate who was like that; we discussed that arrogant peacock on PF)

Or maybe those who say "ignorance is bliss". Those who say "forget everything you've learned, for more efficient thinking". They tell you to think out of a vacuum". I think I'd rather stick my head in a black hole than follow that advice. :eek:

Although not related to the OP question, maybe someone could bring a Nobel Prize home by conducting some cool research on black holes.

The kitchen sink, because usually it's everything but the kitchen sink.

My annoying -expletive- boss that begins his emails with

"Hi there"

and then the bodies of the emails are fraught with a plethora of grammatical errors.

My girlfriend... if that's not illegal of course idk... if it is thennn

My laptop because it keeps overheating and crashing :(.

Phrak said:
Unpaired socks to find their mates.

I have a few of those as well. However, I think it would be a good opportunity to take all of the stuff the garbage men refuse to take.

Astronuc said:
The kitchen sink, because usually it's everything but the kitchen sink.
Good idea! Would a black hole reverse and start spitting out everything once it got a kitchen sink?

I'm thinking that the key to uniting astronomy/cosmology and quantum theory might be a kitchen sink exclusion principle, ejecting everything but the kitchen sink from the black hole and recycling matter it has consumed. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Energizer-Lithium-Spit_1.jpg

Chi Meson said:

But you're conforming to the non-conformists now...

Stand with me brothers let us together stop the non-conformists movement that threatens to un-conform all we know and love...

I want to build a theme park near a black hole that would have big spot light that you could aim past the black hole and you could watch the light bend... (Please don't dissect this for scientific inaccuracies... Don't mess with my dreams :zzz:)

Shouldn't the title say "What would you throw into a black hole?". The way it is worded now assumes you are already inside the black hole and are looking for something to throw.

Sorry, just trying to be non-conformist...