Where Can a Newcomer Find Geeky Friends in London?

• Thread starter ergospherical
  • Start date
In summary: Additionally, if you are not originally from London, you may not be able to relate to the culture and social norms there.
ergospherical
I'm completely on my own in London for a good few weeks, where's the best place(s) to meet some new people? (preferably also of the socially awkward variety... 😂)

ya boi's lonely 😞

Likes mcastillo356
Physics news on Phys.org
Have fun!

ergospherical said:
I'm completely on my own in London for a good few weeks, where's the best place(s) to meet some new people? (preferably also of the socially awkward variety... 😂)

ya boi's lonely 😞

I hear they hang out at coffee houses...:bow::partytime:

Last edited:
London is a very lonely city, particularly at the moment. I'd concentrate on visiting some of our wonderful free galleries and museums - Tate Modern, National Gallery, Science Museum, Natural History Museum...

Most summers a Proms season pass (the BBC Proms are an annual series of mostly classical music concerts at the Royal Albert Hall) is a relatively cheap way to access world class music in the company of some fairly geeky people. There are no season passes this year but there are cheap tickets available on a daily basis.

On a sunny day take a book to a local park.

Any of the above has a small chance of meaningful contact with new people, but a 100% chance of uplifting your soul.

If you do feel the need to force it, organize a night out with a small group you know from school or uni (do NOT do this alone) and go somewhere cheesy like Zoo Bar: again this may not be as much fun with COVID-19.

Likes hutchphd and berkeman
Well I made this inquiry to my brother to forward to my nephew:
Screenshot_2021-07-14-07-23-50-46.jpg
Screenshot_2021-07-14-07-25-19-64.jpg

How about any Science/ IT/Tech meetups that are still meeting physically?

Lol it's okay I figured it out. Just download tinder and post a picture of you with your dog. 🤭

• Love
Likes pbuk
ergospherical said:
Lol it's okay I figured it out. Just download tinder and post a picture of you with your dog. 🤭
But I don't have a dog! ;).

• Sad
Likes BillTre

> Where are all the geeky girls?

there's one in my bed, in central fla (via VPN). She's crazy, but she's sho' 'nuff a geek.

But after an... intense (and long) saturday night, I'm all used up. Go to okcupid.com its amazing.

• Haha
Likes Ivan Seeking and BillTre
To the OP:

You stated that you are in London for a few weeks. This implies that you are not originally from there. Where are you originally from? Are you a British citizen?

I ask because your ability to make new friends (including finding "geeky" girls) may depend on this.

• Skeptical
Likes Leo Liu

Related to Where Can a Newcomer Find Geeky Friends in London?

1. Where can I find geeky girls?

Geeky girls can be found in a variety of places such as comic book conventions, gaming events, coding workshops, and online communities dedicated to specific interests. It's important to get involved in these spaces and be open to meeting new people.

2. How do I approach a geeky girl?

Approach a geeky girl just like you would any other person. Show genuine interest in her interests and be respectful. Don't make assumptions or stereotypes about her based on her interests.

3. What if I'm not into the same geeky things as the girl I like?

It's okay to have different interests! Just because you may not share the same geeky interests doesn't mean you can't connect over other things. Be open-minded and try to learn about her interests, but also share your own passions with her.

4. How do I know if a girl is a geek?

Geekiness is not always visible on the surface. The best way to find out if a girl is a geek is to strike up a conversation and get to know her. Ask her about her interests and see if you have any common ground.

5. Are there any specific tips for dating a geeky girl?

Dating a geeky girl is just like dating any other person. Communication, respect, and mutual interests are key. Be open to learning about her interests and be willing to share your own. Don't make assumptions or stereotypes about her based on her geeky hobbies.