Wrong explanation in Strepulsion.org ?

• Thread starter therealsachin
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Explanation
Your Name] In summary, a conversation took place about a website promoting a theory of "strepulsion" which claims to explain the behavior of light from stars. However, upon closer examination, it was found that the information on the website is not supported by scientific evidence and contradicts established laws of physics. Therefore, it is not a reliable source of information and it is advised to consult reputable scientific sources for accurate information on this topic.
therealsachin
Hello,

I happened to visit the following page.

http://strepulsion.org/einsteinwrong.htm

It explains what will happen to light from stars, if

a) Sun attracts the light
b) Sun repulses the light.

As I see it, the explanation seems to be wrong.

<quoting strepulsion.org site>
SRE = Antisolar Radiation Curve if the Sun exert REPULSION.

SGE = Pro-Solar Radiation Curve if the Sun exert force of Gravitation

ASSUMPTIONS:
1) If the Sun exert GRAVITATION, then the Star Ray should be ATTRACTED and follow PRO-SOLAR RADIATION CURVE (SGE) and Star image should follow PRO-SOLAR DEFLECTION (EGM). So Star should appear nearer to the Sun than its real location that is at point M.

2) If the Sun does not exert any force - then Star should appear at its real location S and radiation follow straight path SE.

3) If the Sun exert force of REPULSION, then the Star Ray should be REPELLED and follow ANTISOLAR RADIATION CURVE (SRE) and Star image should be deflected away from the Sun in line of ERN. The Star image should appear at point N, which is at greater distance than the real location.
</quoting strepulsion.org site>

Actually, shouldn't it be the reverse?

SRE (concave curvature w.r.t sun) should be observed when Sun excerts Gravitation, and SGE (convex curvature w.r.t. sun) should be observed when Sun exerts REPULSION.

I just consider the light ray as a ball thrown and follow the path of the ball. If sun attracts the path should be SRE, if sun repells the path should be SGE.

I have attached an image which explains the expected shape of curvature of light rays from star (assuming sun attracts).

Can anyone confirm my findings?

Regards,
Sachin Shenoy

References:
http://www.extinctionshift.com/topic_05.htm
http://phyun5.ucr.edu/~wudka/Physics7/Notes_www/node100.html

Attachments

• Sun-Attracts-Star-Light.JPG
    Sun-Attracts-Star-Light.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 405
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Dear Sachin Shenoy,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. it is important for us to critically evaluate claims and theories in order to further our understanding of the world. After reviewing the information on the website you provided, there are a few points that need to be addressed.

Firstly, the website in question appears to be promoting a theory of "strepulsion" which is not widely accepted in the scientific community. In fact, a quick search on reputable scientific databases did not yield any results on this theory. This raises some red flags about the validity of the information presented on the website.

Secondly, the assumptions made on the website do not align with known laws of physics. For example, the statement that a star's image should appear nearer to the Sun if it is being gravitationally attracted is incorrect. In reality, the star's image would appear shifted away from the Sun due to the bending of light by the Sun's gravitational field (known as gravitational lensing). This effect has been observed and confirmed by numerous experiments and observations.

Thirdly, the analogy of a ball being thrown and following a certain path is not applicable to the behavior of light, which is a wave phenomenon. The path of light is determined by the properties of the medium it travels through, not by the force exerted on it by external objects.

In summary, the information presented on the website is not supported by scientific evidence and contradicts established laws of physics. Therefore, I cannot confirm your findings and I would advise against using this website as a reliable source of information. I would encourage you to consult with reputable scientific sources and experts in the field for accurate and up-to-date information on this topic.

Hello Sachin,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. it is important to critically evaluate and question information that we come across.

After reviewing the content on strepulsion.org, I agree with your assessment that the explanation provided for the behavior of light from stars is incorrect. The assumptions made are not based on scientific evidence and do not align with our current understanding of gravity and light.

Firstly, the concept of "solar repulsion" as described on the website is not supported by any scientific evidence. In fact, gravity is the dominant force in our solar system and is responsible for the orbits of planets and the behavior of light. The idea that the Sun would repel light from stars is not consistent with our observations and scientific models.

Secondly, the assumption that the curvature of light rays from stars would be concave if the Sun attracts and convex if it repels is also incorrect. The curvature of light is not dependent on the direction of the gravitational force, but rather on the distribution of mass in the universe. This is described by Einstein's theory of general relativity, which has been extensively tested and confirmed through numerous experiments and observations.

In summary, the content on strepulsion.org is not scientifically accurate and should not be considered a reliable source of information. I would encourage you to continue questioning and critically evaluating information, and to refer to reputable sources for scientific explanations and evidence.

Best regards,

Related to Wrong explanation in Strepulsion.org ?

What is Strepulsion.org?

Strepulsion.org is a website that claims to provide explanations for scientific phenomena, but often presents incorrect or misleading information.

Who runs Strepulsion.org?

The creator of Strepulsion.org is unknown, but it is likely run by an individual or group who lacks scientific expertise and credibility.

Why is it important to be cautious of information from Strepulsion.org?

It is important to be cautious of information from Strepulsion.org because it presents false or misleading explanations that can be harmful to understanding scientific concepts accurately.

How can I verify the accuracy of information from Strepulsion.org?

You can verify the accuracy of information from Strepulsion.org by cross-referencing it with reliable and credible sources, such as peer-reviewed scientific journals or reputable educational websites.

What should I do if I come across information from Strepulsion.org?

If you come across information from Strepulsion.org, it is best to verify its accuracy before accepting it as fact. If you find that it contains incorrect or misleading information, you can report it to the website or share your concerns with others.