Year 1 Undergrad in Physics: What to Expect and How to Succeed

• Thread starter Wenli Zhou
  • Start date
In summary, a Year 1 Undergrad in Physics can expect to cover fundamental concepts such as classical mechanics, electromagnetism, and thermodynamics. They will also be introduced to mathematical tools such as calculus and linear algebra. To succeed, students should expect a heavy workload and prioritize understanding over memorization. They should also actively engage in problem-solving and seek help when needed, as well as take advantage of resources such as tutoring and study groups. Time management and consistent practice are key to mastering the material and preparing for exams. Overall, a strong foundation in Year 1 will set students up for success in more advanced physics courses.
Wenli Zhou
How did you find PF?
I accidentally saw this forum on the internet, and I am looking forward to finding instructions and have discussions with physics peers in this online community.
I am a year 1 undergraduate student. Hope to have a nice communication experience with you!

Likes berkeman and Hamiltonian
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Since you're new here, we recommend you read our site guidelines (see link below in my signature) as we are a highly moderated forum.

In particular, please note the homework rules where we can only provide hints once you show your work and the fringe science rules where there are certain pseudo-scientific topics we don't discuss and lastly we don't discuss politics.

Welcome,
Jedi

Back