Disney World PF Gathering and Tips for Disney Mania!

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
In summary: This couscous and tagine restaurant is quite popular and usually has a long wait. Try coming at night when it’s less crowded.9. Yacht Club at the Epcot resort – This club has a beautiful view of the fireworks show at Epcot. However, this is a “resort” so it’s quite pricey. You may be able to get in if you call the club in advance and ask if there are any openings.10. The Living Seas – Usually there are long lines for this aquarium, but it’s worth the wait. You get to see all kinds of neat fish and amphibians.
More news on Expedition Everest. WDWMagic.com is reporting that testing has even begun on this highly anticipated attraction. The latest pictures snapped by people visiting the Animal Kingdom shows a rollercoaster car being pulled through for clearence tests.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/beastly.htm

I wish they would announce when this will open for preview by cast members and passholders (like they did for Mission Space), so that I can plan my vacation next year already!

:)

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
Ooooh.. this is a good one.

Take an interactive tour of Walt Disney's apartment at Disneyland! [Requires Flash6 player]

http://www.ocregister.com/multimedia/disneyapartment/

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
A good issue of Disney Insider this week contains Walt Disney's take on the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction.

http://disney.go.com/inside/issues/stories/v050809.html

Zz [23 more days and counting]

Disney PhotoPass

Like the FastPass system, this is another one of Disney's invention.

When you walk around the Disney theme parks, especially when you just entered the park, there are many Disney photographers eager to take your pictures at the most spectacular sights and locations. This is usually a good idea to get everyone in the group in the picture, rather than have one person always missing who has to take the picture.

Now having a picture taken by a Disney photographer does not obligate one to purchase it. After your picture is taken, what used to happen is that the photograher will hand you a receipt or number. You can then go to the photo center after an hour or so to look at the picture and, if you wish, purchase it. What is special about these pictures is that they can sometime add stuff to it, such as having the theme park's logo on it, have a character such as Tinkerbell spreading sparkling stuff as the border of your picture, etc.

Now, this whole process is made even simpler and a lot of fun. When you take your first picture with a Disney photographer, he or she will give you a PhotoPass card, very much like a credit card. The info of your picture is recorded on that card. If you decide to take more pictures with other Disney photographers, either at that same theme park or at other Disney theme parks, you only need to give the photographer that one PhotPass card. All of your picture info are recorded on that picture card.

What this means is that if you wish to either view or purchase all or any of the pictures that have been taken, all you need to do is visit one of their photography places anywhere within the Walt Disney World resort complex. They can display all of the pictures that have been taken, discuss with you any special enhancement that you want, etc. This is very convenient. You can take as many pictures with the Disney photographers as you want, and then maybe at the end of your trip, decide which ones you want to keep as momento.

But it gets even better!

The pictures you took are available, ON LINE, for 30 days from the date the pictures were taken. So even after you leave the park, you can go online and view the pictures as part of your picture album. You can even delete, add the enhancement available to that picture, and even order the pictures. You can even send e-mail invitations to other people to view your album (while the pictures are still available). So if you are still there and still taking more pictures, people can go online and see the latest addition to your Disney PhotoPass album. Even they can order the pictures they like, so family members, grandparents, etc. can have copies of the kids having way too much fun at Disney World.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/special/specialindex?id=DisneyPhotoPassPage

Zz.

Ivan Seeking said:
Hey Zapper, did you know that Disney once sponsored an internet site that claimed that ET has landed? They were in fact teaching kids that ET is here! I kept looking and thinking this must be some kind of joke or mistake, but it seemed to be on the level. It was a site for kids, I think called Disney for Kids, or something like that. I sent a link to a business associate who at the time ran the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry, and suggested that they need to follow Disney's lead if they want to keep up. :biggrin:

Oh no... I just read something that may resurrect this UFO thingy!

Laughing Place is reporting a rumor that an interactive play area being built at Hong Kong Disneyland will be tentatively called UFO Zone! It will feature crash-landing shuttles, water sprouts, etc. It is scheduled for opening some time in 2006.

And I thought Stitch was bad enough!

Zz.

While we are all caught up with Disneyland's 50'th Anniversary (we? What do you mean by we?), it turns out someone else is going to celebrate a 75th Anniversary soon!

Pluto, the faithful Mickey's dog, will turn 75 this September. A pin will be released on Sept. 5th to mark this day - and for a change, I will already be at WDW when this occurs! So who wants Pluto 75th anniversary pins??! :)

Zz.

Last edited:
ZapperZ said:
Those nasty people at Disney are trying to start a new addiction...

We all know how big baseball card collecting is, and that this has expanded into other areas too (animation character cards, etc). So why not disney characters? But would they do this without doing something special? Nooooooo! They are doing character cards that include surprise pins included with each card!

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/pin?id=10721

This is like an addiction double-coupon! They're trying to entice those of us poor slobs who already can't resist the pins into another coma-inducing card collecting addiction!

Must resist the temptation... must resist the temptation...

Zz.

Today is the release date of the Disney pin card collection. I'm afraid my will power is slowly melting away. I just know that I'll grab the whole set when I go there in 22 days. I'm just so weak! <sobbing>

On another cheerful note, today is also the release date of a lovely open-edition pin. It depicts a golden castle to celebrate 50 years of Disney theme parks. Since this is an open edition pin, it should still be available for quite some time.

Zz.

Last edited:
"Happiest celebration on earth"!? well.. SOMEONE needs to get out more.

Disney's Trash Is Man's Treasure

This is another proof that there are a lot of "nutty" Disney fanatics out there who would buy anything. This is also the kind of site that would be VERY dangerous for me to visit.

http://www.wesh.com/travelgetaways/4840153/detail.html

[Thanks to jcraycraft at wdwmagic for the link]

Zz.

The Hong Kong Disneyland just simply cannot get a break at all, even when it isn't their fault. After all the bad publicity and problems they're having, now comes this..

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/stdn/std/Metro/GH11Ak01.html

Zz.

Happy 50th Birthday, Kermit The Frog!

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|96873|1|,00.html

Is everyone like having milestone birthdays all of the sudden, it seems? And what does Kermit have anything to do with Disney? Why, the muppets have a licensing agreement with Disney ever since Jim Henson brought the muppets to Disney/MGM Studios with The Muppets 3D attraction.

I have two of Kermit pins with "50" on them. I'll dig them out when I have the energy...

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Happy 50th Birthday, Kermit The Frog!

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|96873|1|,00.html

Is everyone like having milestone birthdays all of the sudden, it seems? And what does Kermit have anything to do with Disney? Why, the muppets have a licensing agreement with Disney ever since Jim Henson brought the muppets to Disney/MGM Studios with The Muppets 3D attraction.

I have two of Kermit pins with "50" on them. I'll dig them out when I have the energy...

Zz.

Kermie! Do they have a Miss Piggy pin? It may be no surprise that she was my favorite muppet when I was a kid...I always liked the way she karate chopped Kermie! :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Kermie! Do they have a Miss Piggy pin? It may be no surprise that she was my favorite muppet when I was a kid...I always liked the way she karate chopped Kermie! :biggrin:

Hum... I think I have seen one. But now that I know you like the Piggy, I'll keep an eye out for it. I've never collected the muppet's pins before other than those two Kermit pins that I got for the special celebration.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Oh my gosh! This jumbo pin is unbelievable!

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/pin?id=10026

And nope, I won't be able to get it.

Zz.
Nice pin, but they are showing favoritism to people that live in the area or don't have to work for a living or have unlimited wealth for flying back and forth to the park. :devil: I think I will sue Disney for the incredible amount of stress this unfair practice is causing me.

Evo said:
Nice pin, but they are showing favoritism to people that live in the area or don't have to work for a living or have unlimited wealth for flying back and forth to the park. :devil: I think I will sue Disney for the incredible amount of stress this unfair practice is causing me.

Hey, you think you're stressed by this. What about me, the one with the addiction?

I'll join you in the suit.

[Hum... that didn't come out right]

I'll join you in suing Disney.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Hey, you think you're stressed by this. What about me, the one with the addiction?

I'll join you in the suit.

[Hum... that didn't come out right]

I'll join you in suing Disney.

Zz.
If you join me in the suit we can sue them together. :-p

Evo said:
If you join me in the suit we can sue them together. :-p
Good thing those SuperMentor uniforms are made of stretchy spandex! :smile:

Moonbear said:
Good thing those SuperMentor uniforms are made of stretchy spandex! :smile:

I'm trying to see if Greg will let me change the PF logo on the front with Mickey Ears.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
I'm trying to see if Greg will let me change the PF logo on the front with Mickey Ears.

Zz.
Well, the other SuperMentors didn't want it on their uniforms, but they agreed you could customize yours. Here are the PF SuperMentor uniform designs. :biggrin:

I think we might still need to talk to Greg about the blue and green clashing. :rolleyes:

I love the new uniform Moonbear! Greg may decide to change the forum colors next time he upgrades, you never know what the future may bring.

Moonbear said:
Well, the other SuperMentors didn't want it on their uniforms, but they agreed you could customize yours. Here are the PF SuperMentor uniform designs. :biggrin:

I think we might still need to talk to Greg about the blue and green clashing. :rolleyes:

Oooh... I might actually WEAR something like that, even to work and Disney World!

Now about being able to fit in a suit with Evo...

Zz.

Wow! This is another terrific pin that is going to be released on Monday.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/pin?id=10777

I wonder if Moonbie used it to draw the mickey ears on that logo? :)

I'm crossing my fingers that there are still a few left by the time I get there in 3 weeks, since there's no way to get it otherwise (other than paying a lot of money on ebay when it appears).

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Oooh... I might actually WEAR something like that, even to work and Disney World!

Now about being able to fit in a suit with Evo...

Zz.

:rolleyes: Not in spandex, please.

ZapperZ said:
I wonder if Moonbie used it to draw the mickey ears on that logo? :)

Oops, nope, I just made circles, not ovals. :rolleyes: But that was on purpose, to avoid trademark infringement...yeah, that's it! :rolleyes:

If we all go to Disney together, we should make commemorative PF mouse ear t-shirts! Now, before you get all crazy, I'm only going to wear it if we keep it to a pocket-size logo on a dark-color t-shirt (we'd have to put the logo inside a light-colored field so the ears show up). Do you think a t-shirt maker would be willing to risk doing the mouse-ears? Or would they balk at it as trademark infringement? We might just have to wear the t-shirt with the PF logo and mouse ears hats for the official PF photo. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Oops, nope, I just made circles, not ovals. :rolleyes: But that was on purpose, to avoid trademark infringement...yeah, that's it! :rolleyes:

If we all go to Disney together, we should make commemorative PF mouse ear t-shirts! Now, before you get all crazy, I'm only going to wear it if we keep it to a pocket-size logo on a dark-color t-shirt (we'd have to put the logo inside a light-colored field so the ears show up). Do you think a t-shirt maker would be willing to risk doing the mouse-ears? Or would they balk at it as trademark infringement? We might just have to wear the t-shirt with the PF logo and mouse ears hats for the official PF photo. :biggrin:

Er... dark-color t-shirt in the Florida heat, Moonbie?

I'd say we make a T-shirt similar to the logo you had already, except the color combination has to change. :)

Zz.

Ooooh.. a new WDW Passholder exclusive pin will be released tomorrow. I think this is the first time Chip & Dale will be featured on a passholder pin, at least within the past 2 1/2 years since I became an annual passholder.

Certainly something I look forward to getting soon. So hang on Chip and Dale, I'm comin' to get ya!

Zz.

Last edited:
ZapperZ said:
Er... dark-color t-shirt in the Florida heat, Moonbie?
Water rides Zz, water rides! :biggrin:

I'd say we make a T-shirt similar to the logo you had already, except the color combination has to change. :)

Zz.
Yeah, the blue logo on green really doesn't go well. Oh, maybe the blue logo on a yellow shirt? Then we won't lose each other in the crowd as easily either! :bugeye:

ZapperZ said:
Ooooh.. a new WDW Passholder exclusive pin will be released tomorrow. I think this is the first time Chip & Dale will be featured on a passholder pin, at least within the past 2 1/2 years since I became an annual passholder.

Certainly something I look forward to getting soon. So hang on Chip and Dale, I'm comin' to get ya!

Zz.
Oh, Chip and Dale are so cute! :smile:

Oh, and I just thought of a "theme" for our PF trip to the land of the mouse...

Geeks and Squeaks!

(Now if Greg would just hurry up and give us that <groan> smiley I requested, we could all insert it now. :smile:)

Moonbear said:
Oh, and I just thought of a "theme" for our PF trip to the land of the mouse...

Geeks and Squeaks!

HEY! Who are you calling a squeak?!

I don't mind wearing yellow, but there's a risk we might get confused with the notorious "Brazillian high school" teenagers. They tend to wear yellow and run over the park they are attending.

But then again, it has been ages since I get mistaken for a teenager, even though I still behave like one...

Zz.

So this is still 2 years away, but in case you have an inkling of maybe visiting Walt Disney World (especially if you're from outside the US and will have to plan a trip like this way in advance), consider that Oct. 1st 2007 is the 25th Anniversary of Epcot. If they have learned anything from Disneyland's celebration, it is that a good birthday party draws the crowd in. So I expect them to pull out all the stops for this one, especially considering the international flavor of Epcot.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
So this is still 2 years away, but in case you have an inkling of maybe visiting Walt Disney World (especially if you're from outside the US and will have to plan a trip like this way in advance), consider that Oct. 1st 2007 is the 25th Anniversary of Epcot. If they have learned anything from Disneyland's celebration, it is that a good birthday party draws the crowd in. So I expect them to pull out all the stops for this one, especially considering the international flavor of Epcot.

Zz.

Do you know how old you suddenly made me feel with this news? I remember all the excitement when Epcot opened, and now you're telling me they have a 25th Anniversary coming up?! :cry:

Moonbear said:
Do you know how old you suddenly made me feel with this news? I remember all the excitement when Epcot opened, and now you're telling me they have a 25th Anniversary coming up?! :cry:

Humm... this seems to be backfiring. :)

But Moonbie dear, I'm way older than you are!

[OK, that may have made you feel better, but now I'm depressed].

There is only one way to solve all this - we just have to plan our trip to Epcot for the Anniversary. I know for sure this will make ME feel better.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Humm... this seems to be backfiring. :)

But Moonbie dear, I'm way older than you are!

[OK, that may have made you feel better, but now I'm depressed].

There is only one way to solve all this - we just have to plan our trip to Epcot for the Anniversary. I know for sure this will make ME feel better.

Zz.

Well, I was going to ask if it would be a month-long celebration so I could go for my birthday, but then I checked the schedule for the conference I usually attend that time of year, and that year, it's in San Diego and the first week of November, so that might be a little too close (I was hoping that might be a year the conference rotated to the Orlando Convention Center). :frown:

Who am I kidding though? It's still too soon for me to plan the trip that's only about 4 months away let alone one in two years!