Disney World PF Gathering and Tips for Disney Mania!

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
In summary: This couscous and tagine restaurant is quite popular and usually has a long wait. Try coming at night when it’s less crowded.9. Yacht Club at the Epcot resort – This club has a beautiful view of the fireworks show at Epcot. However, this is a “resort” so it’s quite pricey. You may be able to get in if you call the club in advance and ask if there are any openings.10. The Living Seas – Usually there are long lines for this aquarium, but it’s worth the wait. You get to see all kinds of neat fish and amphibians.
Gosh darn it <whacks Zz with her cane> you guys are posting too fast for me to keep up. What, it's 2007 already and it's Moonbears 25th Anniversary? I didn't even know she was married!

Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
Gosh darn it <whacks Zz with her cane> you guys are posting too fast for me to keep up. What, it's 2007 already and it's Moonbears 25th Anniversary? I didn't even know she was married!
Didn't you get your invitation? Zz and I are going to get married at the Castle and we're registering at the Disney Store. :approve:

How long before we hear Zz screaming and running in fear when he sees this? :smile: :smile: :smile:

Moonbear said:
Didn't you get your invitation? Zz and I are going to get married at the Castle and we're registering at the Disney Store. :approve:

How long before we hear Zz screaming and running in fear when he sees this? :smile: :smile: :smile:
Can I be the flower girl? :smile:

Evo said:
Can I be the flower girl? :smile:
Well, I thought all the PF sisters would be bridesmaids, and you'll all wear mouse ears. :biggrin: I think Zz will wear all his pins on a sash like a prince, and I'll have golden mouse ears instead of a veil/headdress thing.

Hey, this is sounding way better than any regular wedding. :smile:

Moonbear said:
Well, I thought all the PF sisters would be bridesmaids,
Can we bring our guns? :-p

Evo said:
Can we bring our guns? :-p
Oh, it's required! At the end of the ceremony, when Mickey (who else did you think would perform the ceremony in Disney?) says ZZ may kiss the bride, you should all fire shots into the air. :approve:

Moonbear said:
Well, I thought all the PF sisters would be bridesmaids, and you'll all wear mouse ears. :biggrin: I think Zz will wear all his pins on a sash like a prince, and I'll have golden mouse ears instead of a veil/headdress thing.

Hey, this is sounding way better than any regular wedding. :smile:

Ohmigosh!

I got hitched and the wedding all planned, all while I was sound asleep!

I dunno.. I've always wanted to get "married" (or at least invited to a wedding) at the Disney Wedding Pavilion right by the Grand Floridian. You get a straight shot at Cinderalla's castle across the lagoon as the backdrop. And then, for the reception, a 5 tier wedding cake with mickeys stamped all over.

Come to think of it, I'd just skip the wedding and go right to the reception! :)

And no, having me wear all my pins isn't a good idea - I won't be able to walk to the altar being weighted down by all those metals. You'll have to carry me in like the carried Cleopatra into Rome.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Ohmigosh!

I got hitched and the wedding all planned, all while I was sound asleep!Zz.
It's not safe to sleep when you have a thread in GD. :wink:

ZapperZ said:
So, how valuable is a piece of rubber from an old tire? Quite a bit if you put it on a pin! :)

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/pin?id=9981

But hey, at least they're recycling them rather than ending up in a landfill somewhere.

Zz.
I like that, clever idea. Darn it Zz (whacks Zz with her can again), you're starting to make me want to buy these.

Evo said:
It's not safe to sleep when you have a thread in GD. :wink:
Hey, Evo, he didn't run away screaming at the idea! That's a good sign, right?

Now, now, Zz, stop tugging at the ropes, it'll just chafe your wrists. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
He said he'd like to get married! :biggrin:

Now, now, Zz, stop tugging at the ropes, it'll just chafe your wrists. :biggrin:
Wow, I'm impressed, I didn't know you knew how to hog tie someone. :-p

Moonbear said:

Oh my. Moonbie, I didn't know you're into this bondage stuff!

[ZapperZ ducks real quickly...]

Evo said:
I like that, clever idea. Darn it Zz (whacks Zz with her can again), you're starting to make me want to buy these.

As I've said to Moonbie, I'll get you yet, my Pretty... and your little dog too!

I will initiate you into the joy of Disney pin collecting when we get there. I have just the starter kit for you to start with.

Resistance is Futile!

Zz.

Evo said:
He said he'd like to get married!

No, I said I'd like to get "married". There's a difference, see? :)

Zz.

ZapperZ said:

Zz.
Uhm, yeah, "huge" difference. :bugeye: :wink:

ZapperZ said:

Zz.

:rolleyes: Does that mean you're backing out? :cry: You know what my sisters did to the last guy to leave one of us at the altar, right?

Moonbear said:
:rolleyes: Does that mean you're backing out? :cry: You know what my sisters did to the last guy to leave one of us at the altar, right?

Let me guess... the guy now speaks in a voice several octaves higher?

<ZapperZ runs away in horror>

Zz.

OK, I just need to bribe someone from Hong Kong to get me these stamps!

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2005-08/15/content_3357121.htm

:)

Zz.

WOW! I WANT THIS PIN!

(yeah, yeah, you addict. What else is new?)

But really! Look at it! I haven't seen anything like it! It is just so... so... well, darn it, it's cute!

Luckily, it is an open addition pin. 18 more days and it WILL be in my hands!

Zz.

Last edited:
It looks like the ZOTOB worm hit a number of organizations and businesses, INCLUDING Disney. A major part of Disney's reservations, online services, and a few computer-controlled rides were affected. In fact, a number of Disney websites are still down. From the reports that I have heard, it is a MAJOR disruption in their operations.

Zz.

Call we a wuss. Call me a sissy. Call me weak (just don't call me Shirley). I don't care...

I don't have a lot of pins with Dumbo on it, but when I saw this, I just melted, melted I tell you!

And yes, Evo. They continue to torture us. This pin will ONLY be released at Disneyland. It means that I won't even have a chance to buy it unless it appears on ebay... <sob>

Zz.

Last edited:
That is one BIG Mickey.

The Associated Press has a picture of one of the parades for Hong Kong Disneyland during their Rehearsal Days. I don't think WDW has a Mickey in their parades which is that big.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/050816/481/hk10308160957

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
ZapperZ said:
Call we a wuss. Call me a sissy. Call me weak (just don't call me Shirley). I don't care...

I don't have a lot of pins with Dumbo on it, but when I saw this, I just melted, melted I tell you!

And yes, Evo. They continue to torture us. This pin will ONLY be released at Disneyland. It means that I won't even have a chance to buy it unless it appears on ebay... <sob>

Zz.

Oh, that is a cute one. I don't know if I could ever get into pin trading though...once I had those, I don't think I could give any away! I like the Sheriff Mickey pin too. What I think I need is a rec room! See, if I had the pins, I'd want to just have a few themed collections, and then display them in shadow boxes. But, I don't like lots of stuff hung on the walls, and Disney stuff just would NOT go with my decorating style, so I just need one room to be the "fun" room, where I can just go crazy with bright, primary colored furniture and hanging Disney stuff on the walls, and maybe that would be the room for a pool table and bar. Oh, good god, what have you done to me?! Now I'm not only starting to be drawn in by these pins, but I'm planning an entire room in a hypothetical house just so I can display them! (They'd still have to compete for space with the Bugs Bunny stuff though...maybe one wall of Disney and one wall of Warner Bros.). :eek:

Moonbear said:
Oh, that is a cute one. I don't know if I could ever get into pin trading though...once I had those, I don't think I could give any away! I like the Sheriff Mickey pin too. What I think I need is a rec room! See, if I had the pins, I'd want to just have a few themed collections, and then display them in shadow boxes. But, I don't like lots of stuff hung on the walls, and Disney stuff just would NOT go with my decorating style, so I just need one room to be the "fun" room, where I can just go crazy with bright, primary colored furniture and hanging Disney stuff on the walls, and maybe that would be the room for a pool table and bar. Oh, good god, what have you done to me?! Now I'm not only starting to be drawn in by these pins, but I'm planning an entire room in a hypothetical house just so I can display them! (They'd still have to compete for space with the Bugs Bunny stuff though...maybe one wall of Disney and one wall of Warner Bros.). :eek:

Just because of that, I'd MARRY you!

[Oh my god! What did I just do?]

The thing with pins is that if you do intend to do pin trading, you buy more than one! About 1/3 of the pins that I have in my pin album, I have duplicates of, especially the limited edition and annual passholder exclusives. I can trade those with many people easily because those are not easy to find or get. And you definitely need to pick a theme that you want to collect. If not, you'd be in the poor house real fast, and you'd go nuts trying to buy almost everything in sight - you'd end up like me!

I should take a picture of my Tweety collection and put it up here. It's the only non-Disney area of the house that is devoid of any Disney stuff (Tweety simply refuses to share his space with them). Besides, he was here first, so he takes top billing.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Just because of that, I'd MARRY you!

[Oh my god! What did I just do?]

:biggrin: Evo, Evo! Look! The wedding's back on! :!) :!) :!)

Moonbear said:
:biggrin: Evo, Evo! Look! The wedding's back on! :!) :!) :!)

Moonbie darling, I wouldn't be so happy if I were you. You might just get the short end of the bargain. :)

I'm short-tempered, have bad body ordor, 3 missing front teeth, and a small hump on my back. I snort and belch all day, and I scratch myself in public. Luckily, I've been toilet-trained, or I would have to stop at every fire hydrant.

If we get married, I would need a pre-nuptual. I get to keep all my disney and tweety stuff no matter what. And during the Fall, when all the sports are going on, I want to do the typical guy thing. I want to be able to sit in front of the TV all day on weekends, dressed in nothing but my boxers, a case of beer right next to the couch, a big bag of potato chips and a pizza on the other side, and do nothing but what... well, do I need to explain? Of course there's nothing else to watch on a Sunday afternoon but The House of Mouse!

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Moonbie darling, I wouldn't be so happy if I were you. You might just get the short end of the bargain. :)

I'm short-tempered, have bad body ordor, 3 missing front teeth, and a small hump on my back. I snort and belch all day, and I scratch myself in public. Luckily, I've been toilet-trained, or I would have to stop at every fire hydrant.

If we get married, I would need a pre-nuptual. I get to keep all my disney and tweety stuff no matter what. And during the Fall, when all the sports are going on, I want to do the typical guy thing. I want to be able to sit in front of the TV all day on weekends, dressed in nothing but my boxers, a case of beer right next to the couch, a big bag of potato chips and a pizza on the other side, and do nothing but what... well, do I need to explain? Of course there's nothing else to watch on a Sunday afternoon but The House of Mouse!

Zz.

The House of Mouse? :confused: What's that? For a minute there, I was worried you might be as fanatical about football as you are about Disney. That would have been a deal breaker. Will you share some of the pizza with me?

Oh, and don't forget, you already posted a picture of yourself, even if you WERE wearing sunglasses so we couldn't see your face. There was no discernable hump, you can get dentures for those missing teeth, and if the body odor gets too strong, it'll just be time to drag you off to the shower again. :biggrin: I think we have a sense of your temper, though I've noticed it improves dramatically in the month before a Disney trip. :wink: See, us PF sisters are a tough lot. :-p

Moonbear said:
The House of Mouse? :confused:

WHAT?!

You don't know what the House of Mouse is? That's it, I'm calling the engagement off!

Why, the House of Mouse is the most entertaining half-hour on the Disney Channel other than the Adventures of Winnie The Pooh!

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
OMG, we might have been separated at birth! You just described me! :bugeye:

Evo said:
OMG, we might have been separated at birth! You just described me! :bugeye:

EVO SISTER!

[Runs to Evo and jumps onto her lap]

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
EVO SISTER!

[Runs to Evo and jumps onto her lap]

Zz.
:!) :!) Brother Zz! :!) :!)

(wish I'd known sooner that this was how to get you into my lap)

ZapperZ said:
WHAT?!

You don't know what the House of Mouse is? That's it, I'm calling the engagement off!

Why, the House of Mouse is the most entertaining half-hour on the Disney Channel other than the Adventures of Winnie The Pooh!

Zz.

Oh, I don't have cable TV, so no Disney channel. :frown: I still used good old-fashioned rabbit ears to get my TV channels. That might change when I move. I've heard you can't get any TV reception in most places there, so I might be forced to pay for TV.

Moonbear said:
Oh, I don't have cable TV, so no Disney channel. :frown: I still used good old-fashioned rabbit ears to get my TV channels. That might change when I move. I've heard you can't get any TV reception in most places there, so I might be forced to pay for TV.

Get satellite! That way, you can keep the same service no matter when you go. For some reason, I think you'd be just the right person to enjoy BBC America channel!

<burp, blech>

Zz.