Disney World PF Gathering and Tips for Disney Mania!

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
In summary: This couscous and tagine restaurant is quite popular and usually has a long wait. Try coming at night when it’s less crowded.9. Yacht Club at the Epcot resort – This club has a beautiful view of the fireworks show at Epcot. However, this is a “resort” so it’s quite pricey. You may be able to get in if you call the club in advance and ask if there are any openings.10. The Living Seas – Usually there are long lines for this aquarium, but it’s worth the wait. You get to see all kinds of neat fish and amphibians.
More pictures from the last trip...

The first is another park icon - the Tree of Life at the Animal Kingdom. If you have seen it in person, you'll know a picture doesn't do it justice. The intricate carvings of various animals on practically every square inch of it is utterly impressive.

The second is the VERY last picture I took right before we rushed back to our car to leave for the airport to catch our plane home. It was the Meet and Greet with the characters specially for Disney Visa cardmembers. We struck gold - Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy were there, and we had plenty of pictures with the three of them at once, in the same picture. If you have gotten in line to get pictures with the characters, you KNOW how rare this opportunity is to get all of them together.

It was a trip that will not soon be forgotten, and will only probably be topped if both Evo and Moonbie join me this January at WDW.

Zz.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Remember this pin that I mentioned a while back? It was released on June 14th. I thought I had no chance of getting it when I went back to WDW on Sept. 3rd. And though I did go looking for it, the first few places I went to were all sold out.

However, as luck would have it, the main pin store at the Animal Kingdom still had a few of these. I found it accidentally while browsing around. A cast member told me that not many people look there for such thing, and usually there's a good chance that they still have a lot of the items that are sold out elsewhere.

So to my great delight, I now have this jumbo pin. It arrived yesterday along with the rest of my packages that were mailed while we were on our trip last week. I'll try to get them all together and take a picture of the box-set pins (there's no freaking way I can take a picture of all the pins I got on this trip).

Zz.

Last edited:
What great little treasures you have there, glad your trip went so well for you! I only have one Disney pin, that came with batteries. Tinkerbell is now proudly stuck on the web-loop handle of my flashlight!

hypatia said:
What great little treasures you have there, glad your trip went so well for you! I only have one Disney pin, that came with batteries. Tinkerbell is now proudly stuck on the web-loop handle of my flashlight!

What you have is a CLASSIC! Don't let anyone have it!

I have a couple of "pins" that have flashing lights on them. One is a star with Mickey's face right at the center. When you turn on the small switch, small colored lights flicker all over the star. It is very pretty at night and a lot of people have commented on how pretty it is. (Yes, that does mean that I wear it some time while walking around in the neighborhood.) The other pin is the one I traded for with the 100 years of magic logo. I wasn't collecting pins back then (this was what, 3 years ago?), so I didn't buy this thing then, but now I'm trying to catch up!

Are you planning on going for a visit to any Disney parks anytime soon? Want to join us for January? :)

Zz.

Is it too early to announce a Disney event for next year? NEVER!

The 2006 Epcot Teddy Bear and Doll Weekend will be held on May 19-21, 2006 during the Epcot Flower and Garden Show.

http://www.register123.com/event/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x23029b5d8

I won't be going, since I have already made tentative plans to be there during the first week of June (Yes children. Some of us do plan these things THAT far ahead).

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
I shall guard Tink with my life!
Thanks for the invite, but to be painfully honest, weird things happen to me while at amusement parks. You would have a much safer and fun time without me. :cool:

hypatia said:
I shall guard Tink with my life!
Thanks for the invite, but to be painfully honest, weird things happen to me while at amusement parks. You would have a much safer and fun time without me. :cool:

Er.. weird thing?

Like grown men and women wearing Mickey ears hat?

Or grown men standing in line to get pictures with Disney character?

Or grown men suddenly found having fun at the various water spouts at Epcot along side 6 and 7-year olds?

Or grown men riding and having joyful time on the Dumbo ride?

You got it all wrong! These are not weird things! These are NORMAL stuff at the park!

:)

Zz.

OK, so this is what I REALLY look like. Nice eh? (Still want to marry me, Moonbie?) And you know what they say about trolls with large noses, don't you?

It's time for another Disney trivia. Where exactly in Walt Disney World can you find this lovely and handsome creature?

Zz.

Last edited:
ZapperZ said:
OK, so this is what I REALLY look like. Nice eh? (Still want to marry me, Moonbie?) And you know what they say about trolls with large noses, don't you?
Oh, I have a good comment regarding that picture, but it's definitely not PG! :devil: :smile:

Well in 6 flags{tx} someone was stupid enough to buy there kid a 6 ft bull whip. And then stupid enough not to watch him "play" with it. The person I was with, got it in the eye..two operations later, its hardly noticed.
And Cedar Point, the time the breaks failed on the Magnum...4 times around, then a rescue, which if you've never been rescued from a ride, is sort of cool.
Disney World, main street 1976. Happy Birthday America! Small exploding fireworks on a float, misfired into the crowd and hits my sister on the back of her head/shoulders, and her hair starts on fire!

lol still want me to come?

hypatia said:
Well in 6 flags{tx} someone was stupid enough to buy there kid a 6 ft bull whip. And then stupid enough not to watch him "play" with it. The person I was with, got it in the eye..two operations later, its hardly noticed.
And Cedar Point, the time the breaks failed on the Magnum...4 times around, then a rescue, which if you've never been rescued from a ride, is sort of cool.
Disney World, main street 1976. Happy Birthday America! Small exploding fireworks on a float, misfired into the crowd and hits my sister on the back of her head/shoulders, and her hair starts on fire!

lol still want me to come?

Er... since you put it THAT way, no. I want you to stay in Michigan! :)

Zz.

Ooooooooohhh, I like all movies by walt disney, its so much fun

This is a closer look at Hong Kong Disneyland from an Imagineers point of view.

http://disney.go.com/inside/issues/stories/v050913.html

Zz.

I bought a few of these pins during the last WDW trip. I now wear it on my hat, I have one pinned to my work bag, and I'm thinking of putting it on a couple more items.

I love this pin! :)

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/static/pintrading/media/pins/8235754.jpg

The Disney craze is sweeping Hong Kong with the opening of Hong Kong Disneyland...

http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/09/14/opinion/rdisney.php

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
I bought a few of these pins during the last WDW trip. I now wear it on my hat, I have one pinned to my work bag, and I'm thinking of putting it on a couple more items.

I love this pin! :)

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/static/pintrading/media/pins/8235754.jpg

:smile: That's cute. I think that would go well with the Bored Meeting pin. :biggrin: You can wear the Bored Meeting one and I can sit next to you wearing the Tinkerbell pin, and I think that should be enough to scare anyone into getting the meeting done as quickly as possible! :devil:

Moonbear said:
:smile: That's cute. I think that would go well with the Bored Meeting pin. :biggrin: You can wear the Bored Meeting one and I can sit next to you wearing the Tinkerbell pin, and I think that should be enough to scare anyone into getting the meeting done as quickly as possible! :devil:

Just to remind you that I have also been known to wear my golden Mickey ears hat to my weekly group meeting. So unfortunately, these people are getting used to my "weird" obsession with Disney stuff. We need to do something a bit more outrageous to scare them.

Zz.

This is a really terrific upcomming pin. I like "happy" pins like this. With a limited edition of only 2000 and being released on the 22nd, I don't expect to be able to find anymore of this pin by Jan 1st. Oh well...

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10923345.jpg

Here comes another Disney pin event!

The Spectacle of Pins 2005 at Disney/MGM Studios will focus on the Holiday festivities pins. A number of holiday season pins will be released at this event. If you are into holiday stuff, this is the one to attend since most of the pins will probably be gone by the time it is released to the general public (the pins appear to be in very limited quantities.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/event?id=10680

Zz.

Ugh! They're giving away free lithographs at Disneyland to their Annual Passholders! From the Disneyland passholder website:

Beginning September 18, when you make a purchase of $50 or more (before taxes) at the Emporium in Disneyland® park, Greetings from California in Disney's California Adventure" park, or World of Disney® in the Downtown Disney® District, you'll receive a limited release lithograph created especially for Annual Passholders!

Drat!

Zz.

Last edited:
ZapperZ said:
Just to remind you that I have also been known to wear my golden Mickey ears hat to my weekly group meeting. So unfortunately, these people are getting used to my "weird" obsession with Disney stuff. We need to do something a bit more outrageous to scare them.

Zz.

You could go dressed as Pluto...remember he wears no pants :smile:

hypatia said:
You could go dressed as Pluto...remember he wears no pants :smile:

You're forgetting Donald! He wears a shirt, but no pants! :)

But here's something puzzling. If you look at the scenes where he steps out of a bath or shower, he usually wraps a towel around his waist! What's up with that??!

Zz.

Yes, it makes us tend to think donald has something to hide!

ZapperZ said:
You're forgetting Donald! He wears a shirt, but no pants! :)

But here's something puzzling. If you look at the scenes where he steps out of a bath or shower, he usually wraps a towel around his waist! What's up with that??!

Zz.
:smile: I never thought about that.

Evo said:
:smile: I never thought about that.

See, now you're beginning to realize what I find important in this world, Evo dear! :)

Speaking of what's important, I've made hotel reservations for Jan 1st to Jan 8th at WDW. So we're going for sure (103 more days and counting). So if and when you and Moonbie can decide if this trip is possible, let me know. I'd like to make dinner reservations while we're all there. We'll have our own PF gathering at Disney World. Other PF members are most welcome to join!

Zz.

Oh no! I feel myself sinking...you've infected me! I just bought Disney pins for myself! I was visiting the Disney Store online, and saw a cute ornament and pin set on sale (Goofy all tangled up in Christmas lights on a Christmas tree), and then saw there was another Mickey one (not on sale of course). Seems I missed out on the Tinkerbell one before it sold out :frown:, and there was a fourth one that was the Nightmare Before Christmas, which is just ugly and you couldn't pay me to put that on my tree. I like Christmas ornaments, and these just came with pins, but I'll wear them at Christmas time too. :biggrin: But, then it gets worse! There was one more pin that I saw and just thought it was WAY too cute to pass up...Donald Duck hanging from a tree limb. Well, my one pin from ZZ was looking lonely :rolleyes: so I got it some company. So now I'll have a Mickey and a Donald one (in non-Christmas ones). I think I'll explore some other Goofy and Minnie options, or a Pluto one, to have a set of 4 or 5 to put in a frame and display in my office. Just one pin looks funny, but a group of several will add some fun (and my office sure does need some brightening). :biggrin:

You've already booked the hotel for January?! :eek: I'm still working on my October and November travel plans! :rolleyes:

Bwhahahahahahah! You WILL be assimilated to the ways of the Mouse. Resistance is Futile!

That was just precious, Moonbie. That is how most of these things get started.

Zz.

Moonbear said:
There was one more pin that I saw and just thought it was WAY too cute to pass up...Donald Duck hanging from a tree limb.

Is this the donald pin that you got, Moonbie? If it is, I have that one too! :)

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/956.jpg

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Is this the donald pin that you got, Moonbie? If it is, I have that one too! :)

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/956.jpg

Zz.
Yep, that's the one! It was just too cute to pass up! :approve:

Another interesting trivia: Where was Walt Disney born?

You'll be surprised with the answer.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/newsletter/mu-html/chi-0509200162sep20,0,3014679.story

Zz.

Tomorrow is the first day of Fall, so this pin is highly appropriate.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/9509724.jpg

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Tomorrow is the first day of Fall, so this pin is highly appropriate.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/9509724.jpg

Zz.
Might be better if Tinkerbell didn't look evil on that pin! What did they do to her?!

Moonbear said:
Might be better if Tinkerbell didn't look evil on that pin! What did they do to her?!

Maybe she's getting ready for Halloween? :)

I didn't even notice her "possessed" eyes till you mentioned it.

Zz.