Ether Drag Hypothesis Explained - 65 Characters

In summary, the ether drag hypothesis proposes that massive objects drag a "bubble" of ether along with them. This hypothesis fails because we see stellar aberration that we do not see if we drug a bubble of ether with us. While you are on the topic of a controversial ether, I think I should mention that in 1920 A. Einstein accepted the idea that there is an ether. Please check the following link for more on this.
Russ -Only several posts previously you admitted to never having read the entire Leyden (Leiden) address - yet you continue to pontificate on the ether. Of course, that is your privilege.

As for me, however, I again repeat - i don't have a model and I don't think anyone else (including Einstein) has (had) either - at least none that is able to explain inertia, expansion, impedance etc. Einstein frequently reflected upon various aspects of space, both in his Leyden address and in many of his other works later in life - he pointed out why Mach's principle was unsatisfactory, why Lorentz either was unsatisfactory, why space was real according to Newton, etc - but that is not a model as you have asserted, it is a philosophy, a dialog of inquiry - as chronos said - he is reaching out to his peers. I doubt whether its possible to practice the same sort of dialectic on these boards..

Reshma - it shouldn't have gone this far - time to quit is long overdue. Perhaps somewhere in these posts you will find an answer to your question. Good Luck.