Explore Old TV & Radio Series: Space Patrol & UFO

In summary, the conversation on Coast to Coast discussed old radio and TV series such as Space Patrol and UFO. The discussion also brought up the possibility of being able to watch any TV show ever made in the future. Some shows mentioned included The Brady Bunch, Twilight Zone, Green Acres, Ivor the Engine, Superted, Bananaman, Fireman Sam, Thundercats, Bertha, and Green Claws. The conversation also touched on the idea of passing on TV show traditions and the obscure nature of most programs. Lastly, the conversation mentioned the show "It's About Time" and its theme song, which some members of the conversation could still remember.
hypatia said:
The Ghoul! And Froggy!omg poor froggy in the blender!
And leave us not forget the Cheese Whiz and firecrackers! :smile:

I figured you'd get it, but I wasn't sure if you've lived there that long. :wink:

I bet Ivan's Sheriff John never did that!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
When I was a kid we had a show called Waldo Kitty which absolutely no one I have ever met seems to have heard of. I am quite sure I hallucinated it. I popped a lot of Ritalin in those days, so it could have been a side effect.

Math Is Hard said:
Waldo Kitty which absolutely no one I have ever met seems to have heard of. I am quite sure I hallucinated it.
Can't recall if I've ever seen it or not, but I have heard of it. Always figured it was some misbegotten nephew of Fritz the Cat or something. :biggrin:

I still consider cheese whiz a fine food product..served with fava beans and a good Chianti ...

hypatia said:
I still consider cheese whiz a fine food product..served with fava beans and a good Chianti ...
I thought the Ghoul's use of it was perverse and disgusting, but you eat it?!

Danger said:
Can't recall if I've ever seen it or not, but I have heard of it. Always figured it was some misbegotten nephew of Fritz the Cat or something. :biggrin:
AHA! It WAS real!
http://amazon.imdb.com/title/tt0244928/
Thank you, google.

Math Is Hard said:
I clicked on that just for a second. Now that I've seen the whole title, I remember that it was a kid/spoof version of Danny Kaye's 'The Secret Lives of Walter Mitty'. I still can't recall if I ever saw it, though.

Wonderama?

Ivan Seeking said:
Wonderama?
Nope. Sorry...

served with fava beans and a good Chianti ...
ummm Danger ever see Silents of the Lambs?

hypatia said:
ummm Danger ever see Silents of the Lambs?
Nope... but I'm pretty sure that I can spell it. :wink:

Seriously though... no I haven't. I know that this will sound ridiculously out of character, but I try to avoid watching shows that I expect to be unpleasant. I don't mind gore and whatnot, but psychological horror (if that's a proper term for the genre) puts me right off.
Now that you've brought it up, though, I seem to remember something about the beans and Chianti from a quote or something. It's not something that stuck in my head. I guess I'm just culturally deprived. :redface:

Funny but my sister brought this up tonight: Do we have any Northern Exposure fans? I think Rick's death and funeral is right up there with WKRP's turkey drop as one of the funniest TV plots ever written.

Now that I have seen! :smile: :smile: :smile: :biggrin:

We have the DVD! Perhaps we should have Norther Exposure party!

Integral said:

Integral, can I come? please, please? I'll fly up. I LOVED Northern Exposure. I miss it so much. :cry:

Ivan Seeking said:
Do we have any Northern Exposure fans? I think Rick's death and funeral is right up there with WKRP's turkey drop as one of the funniest TV plots ever written.
They quit carrying it on a channel that I can get after the first season. Never saw the one you're talking about. For hilarious episodes, though, leave us not forget the death of Chuckles the Clown on MTM, and the Barney Miller episode with the hash brownies. :smile: :smile:

Math Is Hard said:
Integral, can I come? please, please? I'll fly up. I LOVED Northern Exposure. I miss it so much. :cry:
Sounds like a good time, maybe Ivan can throw on a steak or 5 and a big pot of that Kona coffee, Apple Martinis for those that prefer.

F-troop with Ken Berry, Larry Storch, Forrest Tucker

Beverly Hillbillies - http://www.pcperspectives.com/hillbillies/ :biggrin:
Buddy Epsen (Jed Clampett)
Irene Ryan (Daisy Moses (Granny))
Donna Douglas (Elly May Clampett)
Max Baer, Jr. (Jethro Bodine)
Raymond Bailey (Milburn Drysdale)
Nancy Kulp (Jane Hathaway)

Green Acres - The place to be - http://www.maggiore.net/greenacres/
Eddie Albert - Oliver Wendell Douglas
Eva Gabor - Lisa Douglas
Pat Buttram - Mr. Haney
Tom Lester - Eb Dawson
Frank Cady - Sam Drucker
Alvy Moore - Hank Kimball
Hank Patterson - Fred Ziffel
Barbara Pepper - Doris Ziffel (1st)
Fran Ryan - Doris Ziffel (2nd)
and Arnold the pig

Petticoat Junction - http://timstvshowcase.com/junction.html
Bea Benaderet - Kate Bradley
Edgar Buchanan - Uncle Joe Carson
Meredith MacRae - Billie Jo Bradley
Lori Saunders - Bobbie Jo Bradley
Linda Kaye Henning - Betty Jo Bradley
Frank Cady - Sam Drucker
Rufe Davis - Floyd Smoot

Last edited by a moderator:
Ivan, I should have said this a long time ago: thank you for starting this thread! Geez, but it brings back some stuff...
Route 66; Hawaiian Eye; Honey West (I still want a pet ocelot); Surfside 6; Man (+ spinoff Girl) From U.N.C.L.E.; The Invaders; The Immortal; original Outer Limits & Twilight Zone; The Rifleman; The Real McCoys; Bearcats... okay, I'm going to give somebody else a chance here, but I remember lots more.

MISSION:IMPOSSIBLE

VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA

The Fugitive - David Jansen

The Prisoner - Patrick McGuen

Land of the Giants

The Green Hornet

The Incredible Hulk

Dark Shadows

Hawaii Five-0

Highlander (not very old)

The Munsters

The Addams Family

Integral said:
Sounds like a good time, maybe Ivan can throw on a steak or 5 and a big pot of that Kona coffee, Apple Martinis for those that prefer.
Great! I am coming up this summer. Ivan's dead deer should have finished decomposing by then. :smile:

Math Is Hard said:
Great! I am coming up this summer. Ivan's dead deer should have finished decomposing by then. :smile:

I would just avoid any smoked venison jerky he tries to serve you. :-p

Integral said:

We're on! MIH, I'll pick up an extra steak. And I promise, no deer meat...but you have to eat your broccoli :biggrin:

Oh gosh, I have to mention this...astronuc

With all due respect, which they certainly deserve these days, our local National Gaurd unit is F Troop!

I would comment on so many shows mentioned that it would be too embarassing to admit that I've watched them all. :biggrin: but yes, Barney miller, Chuckles on MTM, and we must mention the surprise series finale to the second Newhart show. That was good.

Last edited:
Okay, does anyone remember these:

My Living Doll
My Mother the Car
Mr. Fantastic
Captain Wonderful
The Starlost
Quark

Astronuc said:
The Prisoner - Patrick McGuen
Dark Shadows
I wonder if the titles were altered for NA release. The versions of both 'The Prisoner' and its prequel 'Secret Agent' credited him as Patrick McGoohan. (Incidentally, Johnny Rivers' excellent song 'Secret Agent Man' was the title song for that show.)
Dark Shadows was the only soap that I've ever watched in my life (except for 'Soap' of course, which was a parody of soaps). I only watched it because the characters were vampires. I didn't know that it was a soap at the time.

How about Tom Terrrific; Beanie and Cecil; Kukla, Fran & Ollie; Howdy Doodie; The Friendly Giant (okay, that's a Canuk thing)...

Danger said:
How about Tom Terrrific;

Yep.
Beanie and Cecil;
The sea sick sea serpent? "I"m a coming Beanie boy, I'm a coming.
and Dishonest John? " Nyah ah aaah"
Kukla, Fran & Ollie;
yep.
Howdy Doodie; The Friendly Giant (okay, that's a Canuk thing)...

Roger Ramjet; Underdog; Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp; Secret Squirrel; Ricochet Rabbit; Touche Turtle; Wally Gator; Quick Draw McGraw (and his alter ego El-Kabong.)

Okay this IS getting scary. I remember almost every show mentioned...

Secret Chimp was sooooo stupid! :smile: It came on right after The Monkeys which was equally stupid. Of course I watched religiously.

How about favorite episodes as well... Its funny how when I think of a certain show, I almost always think of a particular episode.

Gilligan's Island = sunflower seeds

Oh yes, boys, Ginger or Mary Ann? I was always a Mary Ann guy.

I think it was the second episode of Lost in Space that was far better than all of the rest. I remember thinking it was so cool how the Dad figured out that they were on a planet that moved in a nearly flat ellipse around it's sun.
It was a pretty serious show for a few episodes, before it got so strange. For example, Dr. Smith was a Russian Spy who was very evil. Only later did he play the role of the boob.

My favorite - Rocky & Bullwinkle. The Fractured Fairytales, Aesop & Son and "Improbable History" With the Dog Mr Peabody and his pet boy Sherman that would back travel through time in the "way back machine".

Ivan Seeking said:
we must mention the surprise series finale to the second Newhart show. That was good.
Oh jeez, no ****! That was one of the cleverest coupes ever perpetrated upon an unsuspecting audience! Especially after the 'leaked ending' from the top secret teleplay that had everyone convinced he was going to die.

Moonbear said:
I would just avoid any smoked venison jerky he tries to serve you.
I'd sure as hell eat that before broccoli!

Danger said:
I'd sure as hell eat that before broccoli!
I imagine that after Tsu has whipped me though 10 hours or so of brutal landscaping work to earn my dinner, I'll be willing to eat anything! :smile:

Math Is Hard said:
I imagine that after Tsu has whipped me though 10 hours or so of brutal landscaping work to earn my dinner, I'll be willing to eat anything! :smile:

You bet! Shovels and chain saws, then dinner and Northern Exposure. Ask Integral; he was out with me cutting wood before dinner.

Janus said:
Okay, does anyone remember these:

My Living Doll
My Mother the Car
Mr. Fantastic
Captain Wonderful
The Starlost
Quark
My Living Doll--ooooh yes :-p Julie Newmar at her neglegeed best!
MM the Car--Dick van Dyke's excuse to declare himself an only child
Never heard of the next 2.
The Starlost--made in (you guessed it) Canada; concept and original screenplay entitled 'Phoenix Without Ashes' by Harlan Ellison, who was so outraged by the treatment of it that he insisted he be credited as 'Cordwainer Bird'. (Can't really blame him; I read the original and it was mutilated.)
Oh yeah, Quark! Heh heh. Had to love that Ficus...

Ivan Seeking said:
Oh yes, boys, Ginger or Mary Ann? I was always a Mary Ann guy.
Mary Ann. No question. (She looked a lot like Evo... :!) )

Oh, hey... how about 'Hercules Hare and his Guided Muscle'?

Ivan Seeking said:
You bet! Shovels and chain saws, then dinner and Northern Exposure. Ask Integral; he was out with me cutting wood before dinner.

Is that what you called all that snoring? :smile:

Since I see a bunch of old favorite cartoons...anyone remember Magilla Gorilla?