Have you seen this Octopus drawing?

• Thread starter slepthruchemistry
  • Start date
slepthruchemistry
Does anyone know where this Octopus drawing comes from?

1000002183.jpg

User nsaspook has a similar one posted as his profile pic on the Microchip forum, shown below.

1000002182.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
@nsaspook Where did you get your picture from?

Little Roger?

Dagnabit! I clicked into this thread thinking that someone had trained an octopus to draw! They are supposed to be pretty intelligent, after all. :wink:

fresh_42 said:
Paul's notoriety attracted criticism from the President of Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who accused him of being a symbol of Western decadence and decay.[28] Ahmadinejad went on to say that "Those who believe in this type of thing cannot be the leaders of the global nations that aspire, like Iran, to human perfection, basing themselves in the love of all sacred values."

Psychic octopus Paul unfazed by death threats, says keeper",

A 2010 Chinese thriller film Kill Octopus Paul depicts Paul's predictions as being part of an international match-fixing scheme.[41]

• Haha
Likes OmCheeto and fresh_42
berkeman said:
I clicked into this thread thinking that someone had trained an octopus to draw! They are supposed to be pretty intelligent, after all.
Octopuseses....er...octopi....um....octopodses...er...whatever...are very smart. There are multiple reports (some going back almost 200 years) of them leaving their tanks, going to another to feed, and then returning.

As far as drawing I don't know, but a source of ink shouldn't be a problem.

Likes berkeman