Visualizing PF Members: Avatars, Names, and Identities

• Thread starter CrazyNinja
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Members
In summary: Kitten : ^ I like her. ^ 4) @Loki : He seems... well, Loki. 5) @Nyx : I don't know, she just seems... strange. 6) @Pixalate : She seems nice enough.In summary, Drakkith has already initiated a post on this, but I wanted to ask this again:How do you visualise a PF member when you interact with them? Do you see them as their avatars? What if they don't have one? Do you visualise them by their names? What if their names and av
1oldman2 said:
View attachment 96235 Using D.P.'s advanced search algorithm (and my snipping tool) I was able to come up with an image of Silicon waffle :smile:
Wow! with such skills, I'm sure you work for FBI or CIA :DD

Likes Silicon Waffle and 1oldman2
Physics news on Phys.org
Silicon Waffle said:
Come on, already 155. Your information is out-dated! :biggrin: (@ 10:59 AM Texas grandfather clock )
It's my processor speed, can't get around that one little bottleneck :frown:

Likes Silicon Waffle
Sophia said:
Wow! with such skills, I'm sure you work for FBI or CIA :DD
They both "let me go" for humor related issues, I'm a free agent at the moment honing my skills as an unskilled skill seeker :smile:

Likes Sophia
1oldman2 said:
... an unskilled skill seeker :smile:
unskilled=[itex]\bar{P}[/itex]
skill=[itex]{P}[/itex]
seeker=[itex]{S}[/itex]
So, [itex]{S}[/itex] is part of [itex]{P}[/itex] which is negated by [itex]\bar{P}[/itex] or [itex]{SP}[/itex] is negated by [itex]\bar{P}[/itex]. That means [itex]\bar{P}[/itex] turns down [itex]{S}[/itex].

Likes 1oldman2
Silicon Waffle said:
skill=[itex]{P}[/itex]
seeker=[itex]{S}[/itex]
So, [itex]{S}[/itex] is part of [itex]{P}[/itex] which is negated by [itex]\bar{P}[/itex] or [itex]{SP}[/itex] is negated by [itex]\bar{P}[/itex]. That means [itex]\bar{P}[/itex] turns down [itex]{S}[/itex].
That could almost be the basis for an entirely new thread.:wink:

Likes Silicon Waffle
1oldman2 said:
That could almost be the basis for an entirely new thread.:wink:
But then its components would have to be independent, and span the whole thread.

Likes PWiz, Silicon Waffle and 1oldman2
mfb said:
But then its components would have to be independent, and span the whole thread.
I will try and get Mr. S. Waffle on that one as my problem solving skills need to have some problems solved themselves.

Likes CrazyNinja and Silicon Waffle
Silicon Waffle said:
skill=[itex]{P}[/itex]
seeker=[itex]{S}[/itex]
Wha..wa.. What?

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes Silicon Waffle
CrazyNinja said:
Wha..wa.. What?
CrazyNinja I'm glad you don't understand either :) I thought I was the only one too stupid to understand a science/math/logic joke :nb)

Likes CrazyNinja and OmCheeto
This is how I visualize Sophie:
http://cdn.themetapicture.com/pic/images/2015/03/07/cute-girl-goat-selfie-smiling.jpg

And this is how I visualize Silicon Waffle: (be aware that it wasn't until the other day that I realized SW was a 'she'. This whole time I thought she was a 'he', but like I said in my first post it is because I don't really pay attention to genders on the internet, I just want to talk.)
girl-duckling-selfie-scream-ahhh-14290404673.jpg

EDIT: I have such a hard time identifying faces that I could only identify that the picture above and the following are the same person because of the teeth. I swear I could not tell they were the same because of the face, I had to look at the teeth: (plus, in the first one she has a little black dot below her mouth and in the second one it disappeared completely :confused: I'm so confused)
cute-girl-duck-face-selfie.jpg

Girls can have many faces according to how they do their hair and it confuses me so hard. :confused: A girl can tell me: "I can avoid being seen if I wish..."
-Aragorn

And I would believe her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes Sophia and CrazyNinja
Likes Tsu
Psinter said:
This is how I visualize Sophie:

You visualise Sophia as Kim Kardashian? :nb):nb)

Here is how I see @Sophia

lucy-grande.jpg

PS: Did you recognise who it is?

Likes Sophia
CrazyNinja said:
You visualise Sophia as Kim Kardashian? :nb):nb)
PS: Did you recognise who it is?
Um, no. That's not Kim Kardashian.

Nope, no idea who that is. I cannot recognize. Is it someone famous? :oldconfused: Enlighten me, please.

Psinter said:
Is it someone famous?

Yup yup.

If it's not Kim Kardshian, then who IS it?

Last edited:
Psinter said:
Enlighten me, please.

Look carefully. You have seen her before when she was younger.

CrazyNinja said:
Yup yup.
I had no option, but to cheat. :-p It says on the name of the picture Lucy Grande. :biggrin: Is it her? (I'll be honest, I had never heard of her before) :nb)
CrazyNinja said:
@Silicon Waffle is a "she"??! Jesus. My whole life has been a lie.
To me it matters little. I like Silicon Waffle be it a he or a she. :smile: One of the few people I feel comfortable with on the internet. Besides visualizing the member SW as in the pics, I visualize SW as a very kind, clever, and intelligent person with the best sense of humor in the forum. And that is an honest compliment.

*acting like an old wise person who gives kind compliments (but not really wise... or old :-p)*

Likes Silicon Waffle
CrazyNinja said:
@Silicon Waffle is a "she"??! Jesus. My whole life has been a lie.
Is that funny ? You know the differences between 2 programs that have the same functionality but are produced by 2 different companies ? You are the end-user. Due to physical conditions my program can't implement some functions that you prefer.
And my program is only for those who like to use and clearly have their rights to choose to use. Do you have a choice ? I guess Yes. :-p

CrazyNinja said:
Look carefully. You have seen her before when she was younger.
Only if you've seen any of the Narnia films.

Likes CrazyNinja and Psinter
Jonathan Scott said:
Only if you've seen any of the Narnia films.
Ah, no wonder I could not recognize her. I haven't seen them. :smile:

Silicon Waffle said:
Is that funny ? You know the differences between 2 programs that have the same functionality but are produced by 2 different companies ? You are the end-user. Due to physical conditions my program can't implement some functions that you prefer.
And my program is only for those who like to use and clearly have their rights to choose to use. Do you have a choice ? I guess Yes. :-p

I managed to understand something on the second try reading this. On the third one, even that disappeared.

Likes Silicon Waffle
Psinter said:
To me it matters little. I like Silicon Waffle be it a he or a she.

True that.

Likes Silicon Waffle
Psinter said:

To me it matters little. I like Silicon Waffle be it a he or a she. :smile: One of the few people I feel comfortable with on the internet. Besides visualizing the member SW as in the pics, I visualize SW as a very kind, clever, and intelligent person with the best sense of humor in the forum. And that is an honest compliment.

*acting like an old wise person who gives kind compliments (but not really wise... or old :-p)*
Oh no... I missed this post of yours.
My heart has melt like butter on hot muffin right after I read your post.
It sounds so sweet of you to say so about me, thank you Psinter a lot.

You are now on my list! :biggrin:

Likes CrazyNinja and Psinter
]

jim hardy said:
Evo must resemble this pretty voyageur
350px-John_William_Waterhouse_-_The_Lady_of_Shalott_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

]

There she weaves by night and day
A magic web with colours gay.
She has heard a whisper say,
A curse is on her if she stay
To look down to Camelot.
She knows not what the curse may be,
And so she weaveth steadily,
And little other care hath she,

Likes CrazyNinja
Silicon Waffle said:
Oh no... I missed this post of yours.
My heart has melt like butter on hot muffin right after I read your post.
It sounds so sweet of you to say so about me, thank you Psinter a lot.

You are now on my list! :biggrin:
Melted?! No! What have I done? :nb) We must make it solid again! :hurt:

Cheers. :smile:

Psinter said:
EDIT: I have such a hard time identifying faces that I could only identify that the picture above and the following are the same person because of the teeth. I swear I could not tell they were the same because of the face, I had to look at the teeth: (plus, in the first one she has a little black dot below her mouth and in the second one it disappeared completely :confused: I'm so confused)
Well, to me it seems to be the same rubber duck!

Likes Sophia
CrazyNinja said:
Yup yup.

If it's not Kim Kardshian, then who IS it?
No idea, but I don't think it's her.
256bits said:
Well, to me it seems to be the same rubber duck!
It's a little cute duckling. :oldshy: :blushing:

A need to visualize your chat-mates may be caused by your own curiosity, your low self-esteem or self-confidence but I think it is also due to your precaution, care or even that you are looking down on them. :oldbiggrin:

Silicon Waffle said:
A need to visualize your chat-mates may be caused by your own curiosity, your low self-esteem or self-confidence but I think it is also due to your precaution, care or even that you are looking down on them. :oldbiggrin:
Or maybe it's evolutionary. For millions of years, our ancestors and homo sapiens saw who they were communicating with. We need to see faces. It's the same as in that phenomenon where you see faces in objects like on a piece of toast :-) I wanted to add some funny pictures to demonstrate but don't know how to do it on a phone :-/

Likes Silicon Waffle
Sophia said:
Or maybe it's evolutionary. For millions of years, our ancestors and homo sapiens saw who they were communicating with. We need to see faces. It's the same as in that phenomenon where you see faces in objects like on a piece of toast :-) I wanted to add some funny pictures to demonstrate but don't know how to do it on a phone :-/
@Greg can help! :biggrin:

Sophia said:
Déjà vu'. I felt such a strong Déjà vu' regarding this post it was almost creepy. Like from very before you joined the forum. Actually that's not certain, I don't know when you joined the forum. And I won't pay visit to your profile since I don't want to be seen as a stalker. But yeah, Déjà vu' is strong with this one.

Silicon Waffle said:
And how do you visualize me?

I have a feeling I'm going to regret this question... :nb) I'm not really sure I want an answer.

Psinter said:
Déjà vu'. I felt such a strong Déjà vu' regarding this post it was almost creepy. Like from very before you joined the forum. Actually that's not certain, I don't know when you joined the forum. And I won't pay visit to your profile since I don't want to be seen as a stalker. But yeah, Déjà vu' is strong with this one.
That's strange.
I joined the forum like 2 years ago? But I only asked one question and left . I've become active on Halloween last year :-)
Now what do you think about that?

Sophia said:
That's strange.
I joined the forum like 2 years ago? But I only asked one question and left . I've become active on Halloween last year :-)
Now what do you think about that?
Ah well, you joined way way before the traces of this Déjà vu' (I thought you joined this year). This Déjà vu' traced back to last year about October. (And I wasn't visiting the forum by then)

Weird stuff. :bugeye: I must be becoming crazy. o0) :smile:

Psinter said:
Ah well, you joined way way before the traces of this Déjà vu' (I thought you joined this year). This Déjà vu' traced back to last year about October. (And I wasn't visiting the forum by then)

Weird stuff. :bugeye: I must be becoming crazy. o0) [emoji2]
You're not getting crazy, this happens. You're just tired.

Likes Psinter