Help Name Chroot-Monique's Love-Childs, Please

• Thread starter holly
  • Start date
In summary: Now I am wondering what other unknown cyber pairings there may be. Moonbear and zoobyshoe might be interesting. Yes...little moonshoe & zoobybear. :approve:

Name the Love-Childs

• Monique II and Chroot II

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Marie and Isaac

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Microbe and Solenoid

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • ??? and ???

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Evo said:
I must go outside and find some way to self inflict another painful injury by yardwork on myself.
Another?? How did you injure yourself the first time? :rolleyes:

Physics news on Phys.org
Tsunami said:
Another?? How did you injure yourself the first time? :rolleyes:
I'm back, darn it's hot.

I was replacing a few fence boards and lost my footing (thanks to the JAWS OF DEATH) and fell forward, in my attempt to stop my fall I managed to partially impale my right wrist on a sharp piece of wood (it looks like a botched suicide attempt) and also got splinters up and down both hands and arms. I was trying not to hurt my knee that I had previously seriously injured (trip to the emergency room) when I fell on a glass, which by the force of my knee impacting it on the ground (I knocked the glass off the counter trying to break my fall) shattered and the razor sharp base of the glass went through my knee. The leg brace is off, the stitches have been removed.

Of course this was after I tripped and fell downstairs, actually I ended up bouncing into the air, then flipping over backwards and flew airborne headfirst into the floor at the base of the stairs. Luckily I landed on my head, so no serious injuries, :-p except to my right hip, which has bone splinters from the initial impact that flipped me backwards. It was a fun ambulance ride, although I didn't think it was necessary. Apparently, once they find out you have insurance, the ride is mandatory. After arguing with the paramedics for 30 minutes, I realized I was going, even if it meant that they had to injure me themselves. :mad:

Yesterday, I just sliced my thumb open wrestling with some 8 foot tall alien creatures growing in the back 40, sure, they LOOK like weeds, but I know better. Ok, I couldn't find my gloves, so I was doing all this barehanded.

Then I had to change the battery on the riding mower. Piece of cake, except I lost my grip on the wrench and it fell and made contact with the other pole and wow, metal melts fast! Of course I got a nice little burn on the back of my hand. I found a large piece of wood and was able to pry the wrench off of the battery without too much damage. :redface:

I need a man. :frown:

Evo said:
Math Is Hard is a tough one to pair up.

You're telling me! It's a lonely life! :cry:

Home repair and improvement

GOOD GRACIOUS,EVO! You be careful, will ya? Weekends are supposed to be relaxing not hazardous!

EVO! :eek: be careful! you're too precious!

Just how many male mentors do we have here at PF?! We should try and get some over to you to do the work :rolleyes: :biggrin: I'm sure they'll all be over there in the blink of an eye :wink:

And then Evo would be spawning e-babies like Tadpoles.

Evo said:
I need a man. :frown:

Tell me about it! But, be careful what you wish for. Make sure you request one who can do the yardwork, or at least one who knows first aid! I think you need to take a break from yardwork, it seems to be pretty hazardous to your health! Just try to do the crazy stunts during daytime hours so a neighbor kid will find you and call for help.

Evo, you don't need just a man, you specifically need either an EMT or a keeper, honey! Please be more careful, your e-genes are among the most precious and sought-after.

I worry about some of the people on these boards, I really do. They seem, well, unsafe to themselves...horribly accident-prone...all these science-types, their head in the clouds, minds on microbes and math and molecules...

Evo I couldn't bring myself to read your post in its entirety, it is too painful and bloody. YOU BE CARE PLEASE. Home improvement can wait, get help, don't do it yourself.

You need a full suit of armour, Sis. :surprise: :biggrin:

Last edited:
OK, I think I've found my soul mate. I am going to hook up with WasteofO2 so our precious little offspring can be christened Waste of Math. :biggrin:

Math Is Hard said:
OK, I think I've found my soul mate. I am going to hook up with WasteofO2 so our precious little offspring can be christened Waste of Math. :biggrin:
:smile: :smile: :smile:

Now why has no one suggested little Monkyl's and Hurkique's yet? :wink: Or maybe we should find out his real name first :rolleyes:

Oh, I LOVE those two names! I'll bet they're REAL CUTE, too! :biggrin:

I don' t know why The Bob is crying about the unclaimed tots...his e-genes have already been used DOZENS of times! The Forum Childs with his e-genes are really big eaters, though, the aliens have to bring in truckloads of food for them...cookiemonster is also rather boldly respresented, but I have gotten after the aliens for taking minors' e-genes and they say they'll stop it, but cookie's Childs are just such good Childs, already doing half the aliens' brainwork for them...they can't get Moonbear's Childs to do a thing other than strum guitars and sing folk songs to the other Childs and decorate the nursery very prettily...Moonbear, why are your Childs so spacey? Tee hee.

I didn't want to be the one to tell Monique, but at last count, there were over 150 Childs with -que and -ique on the ends of their names...!

Tsunami's Childs are adorable, but dare I say it? They are SPOILED ROTTEN little things! Always carrying stuffed toy skunks around and trying to xray all the other Childs! The aliens had to squelch their playtime plans, they were chattering about "contrast studies" and one of them had a big tub of a pablum-flavored barium mixture hidden...

holly said:
I don' t know why The Bob is crying about the unclaimed tots...his e-genes have already been used DOZENS of times! The Forum Childs with his e-genes are really big eaters, though, the aliens have to bring in truckloads of food for them.

I have little PF children? How sweet. :biggrin:

The Bob (2004 ©)

holly said:
Tsunami's Childs are adorable, but dare I say it? They are SPOILED ROTTEN little things! Always carrying stuffed toy skunks around and trying to xray all the other Childs! The aliens had to squelch their playtime plans, they were chattering about "contrast studies" and one of them had a big tub of a pablum-flavored barium mixture hidden...
:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Here's another...and I like this one : Tonique and Chroom !

That sounds like a cocktail. "Bartender, another chroom and tonique, please."

Imagine the egos on zooby-is-hard, ivan-is-hard, and jimmy-is-hard. I guess boulder-is-hard would be different.

<pretends to blush> :shy:

Gokul43201 said:
Imagine the egos on zooby-is-hard, ivan-is-hard, and jimmy-is-hard. I guess boulder-is-hard would be different.

:-p :-p That has quite a ring to it. :wink:

holly said:
...they can't get Moonbear's Childs to do a thing other than strum guitars and sing folk songs to the other Childs and decorate the nursery very prettily...Moonbear, why are your Childs so spacey? Tee hee.

Ah, it's the blonde genes I cursed them with. :wink: But it's all very cyclical, they only get spacey like that on a full moon. :rolleyes: Our darling little Moonshoe is quite bright and makes us very proud. Zoobear though, well, we're of course proud of him too, but he gets a bit growly at times, and thinks he can get by on looks alone.

jimmy p said:
:-p :-p That has quite a ring to it. :wink:

Yeah, 'jim-is-hard" sounds much better than "my p-is-hard". :biggrin:

Last edited:
Anyone who knows Moniques past 2 pseudonyms will appreciate these.

How about Chiqque and Owl Root?

Last edited:
Show some class! Geez.
No offense to the Thread Starter, but REALLY. What's next? Bathroom habits? NO, DO NOT ACT UPON THAT SUGGESTION. I wish there were a scowling Smilie for these occasions.

- holly, responding to the topic "How important is sex to you?"

One of the negative aspects of posting on fora is illustrated by the above post, removed from its context and placed to try to sow discord and anger.

I hope most people reading these boards can discern between lighthearted threads, of a fantastical and playful nature, and threads that tread too close to the line of being voyeuristic or even perverse in nature.

Revealing one's actual sexual habits, discussing actual sexual escapades, and encouraging others to do the same is not appropriate for these fora. That's my opinion. If I did not step in when I saw it happening and remark upon it, at the time and in that particular thread, that would have been amiss. The above post is out of place, and maliciously intended.

I know of thousands of students who will NOT be allowed to access these boards this fall because the content is considered inappropriate. How do I know? My spouse made the decision for his school system after looking over the recent threads. A surprising amount of leeway is given in some school systems, but letting titillating threads stand unchallenged is a guarantee of losing a large portion of a young audience.

I thought we were having fun with a silly, nonsense-based thread here. I respectfully ask our new Moderator/Mentor Evo to remove this thread in its entirety, as it is now engendering negative behavior and could become a point of contention.

I've never even seen Loren get angry, let alone try to sow anger in others.

The above post is out of place, and maliciously intended.

You couldn't possibly know that. And having read Loren's posts for over 2 and a half years, I am confident that your statement is false. Loren is a very intelligent person, and my take on his post is that his intent is to point out what looks an awful like an incongruity in your standards of what is acceptable and what is not. Incidentally, Loren's thread was a frank, level-headed discussion, until your post came along. I was also impressed with his response to your interjection.

edited to add:
I respectfully ask our new Moderator/Mentor Evo to remove this thread in its entirety,

There's no need for that. This thread is being enjoyed by a lot of people, and there's nothing wrong with it.

as it is now engendering negative behavior and could become a point of contention.

What "negative behavior" is that, if not presuming to know another's intent?

Last edited:
holly said:
I hope most people reading these boards can discern between lighthearted threads, of a fantastical and playful nature, and threads that tread too close to the line of being voyeuristic or even perverse in nature.

Revealing one's actual sexual habits, discussing actual sexual escapades, and encouraging others to do the same is not appropriate for these fora. That's my opinion.
A close eye is kept on posts to make sure they do not contain lewd, graphic or perverse material. If I see something cross the line I will remove it.

holly said:
If I did not step in when I saw it happening and remark upon it, at the time and in that particular thread, that would have been amiss.
You certainly have a right to your opinions, but do you think perhaps that the tone of your post may have made Loren feel bad?

holly said:
The above post is out of place, and maliciously intended.
I have gained a feel for Loren's personality from his posts and I don't believe his intent was malicious.

holly said:
I know of thousands of students who will NOT be allowed to access these boards this fall because the content is considered inappropriate. How do I know? My spouse made the decision for his school system after looking over the recent threads. A surprising amount of leeway is given in some school systems, but letting titillating threads stand unchallenged is a guarantee of losing a large portion of a young audience.
That is a shame, this site has so much to offer to students of all ages. Of all the similar forums on the internet, I believe this to be one of the safest sites with the highest standards.

holly said:
I thought we were having fun with a silly, nonsense-based thread here. I respectfully ask our new Moderator/Mentor Evo to remove this thread in its entirety, as it is now engendering negative behavior and could become a point of contention.
People are enjoying your thread holly and having fun. You have a great sense of humor and many people enjoy your posts.

I agree with Tom, I think it would be a shame to close it, so I will leave it open, but I will be watching to make sure it does not get out of hand.

Tom and Evo, your support of me gives me the strength to reassure holly that my character is one of good intent, and my pique was not intended to demean her character.

I have overseen children from birth to college age, and I need not justify that I am trusted and befriended by parents and other educators in my community. Nothing that I have contributed to the Internet is harmful to any minor in the care of a responsible adult. I financially support Arlington County Libraries, but oppose their policy to allow full access to obscene material on the Internet, quite possibly in view of children.

If it makes you happy, holly, your response hurt me. How can our PF mentors determine the difference between sexual fantasy and reality as appears on these "fora"? In turn, I will try to understand your motive to restrict discussions of sexuality to "fantasy." At least I agree with you that your thread is "nonsense."

You had me misinterpreted from the start (has some of this to do with my being a man, and you a woman?):

Loren="voyeuristic or even perverse in nature"

holly="fantastical and playful nature"

This is inane.

I had no idea Loren Booda was male. I thought Loren was a woman's name. Does the jumping to some sort of sexist conclusion indicate anything about this person's thinking process and attitude? Gosh, I wonder. And to term this thread "sexual fantasy," when it is certainly not sexual in nature, gives another big tip about a problem with correctly discerning the nature of a situation. But some people always want to turn the discussion around to actual sex. They find it titillating to do so.

A reading of my first post in the Sex thread reveals it was done in a playful manner, all caps, and noted it was in place of "moms" yelling at kiddos to behave and watch what they share.

My second post, where the reposted quote was pulled, was in response to an ad hominem attack by some person whose name I can't recall, and I very much don't wish to go back over to that thread to see who it was. My reply was actually rather mild to a nasty attack.

How about I start going to other people's threads and attempting to "catch" them in an incongruity? How about I misquote in order to do it? And grab at anything to quote? "Bathroom habits" hmm, could it be someone knows so little about gastric studies that they mistake the barium mixture post to mean a bowel study?

I don't consider any posts of a "frank, levelheaded" nature about sex to be acceptable on these boards. The boards will become innundated with sex threads if any are allowed.

How about I post THESE: How important is masturbation to you? How important is anal sex to you? How important is oral sex to you? People can engage in frank, anecdotal discussions, adding just so much to these boards.

I leave you with a dull board.

holly said:
This is inane.

Tell me about it. :rolleyes:

I had no idea Loren Booda was male. I thought Loren was a woman's name. Does the jumping to some sort of sexist conclusion indicate anything about this person's thinking process and attitude? Gosh, I wonder.

Loren merely asked you if this had anything to do with your respective genders. Asking a question is not an indication of jumping to a conclusion. In fact, the only one who jumped to any conclusions here is you, when you stated (not inquired about) what you think Loren's intent was.

And to term this thread "sexual fantasy," when it is certainly not sexual in nature, gives another big tip about a problem with correctly discerning the nature of a situation. But some people always want to turn the discussion around to actual sex. They find it titillating to do so.

More presumption about motives. Tsk Tsk.

A reading of my first post in the Sex thread reveals it was done in a playful manner, all caps, and noted it was in place of "moms" yelling at kiddos to behave and watch what they share.

FYI, all caps is usually understood to be shouting. It doesn't help that you actually stated that you were shouting.

My second post, where the reposted quote was pulled, was in response to an ad hominem attack by some person whose name I can't recall, and I very much don't wish to go back over to that thread to see who it was. My reply was actually rather mild to a nasty attack.

Don't be ridiculous. You weren't attacked by anyone.

How about I start going to other people's threads and attempting to "catch" them in an incongruity?

Any rational, sincere person would be glad to know if they were being inconsistent.

How about I misquote in order to do it?

Of course, I would object to misquoting anyone. But since you were not misquoted, I fail to see what this question has to do with the discussion at hand.

And grab at anything to quote? "Bathroom habits" hmm, could it be someone knows so little about gastric studies that they mistake the barium mixture post to mean a bowel study?

:confused: Huh?

I don't consider any posts of a "frank, levelheaded" nature about sex to be acceptable on these boards.

That is your opinion. It is not shared by the Administration, and IMO it is quite childish.

The boards will become innundated with sex threads if any are allowed.

They are allowed, and the board is not inundated with them. So there goes that theory.

How about I post THESE: How important is masturbation to you? How important is anal sex to you? How important is oral sex to you? People can engage in frank, anecdotal discussions, adding just so much to these boards.

Speaking for myself? If those threads existed, I would keep a close eye on them, but I would not lock them instantly. If the discussion turned lewd or graphic, I would delete the offending posts and lock the thread.

I leave you with a dull board.

Suit yourself.

Last edited:
BTW, since everyone's enjoying this group complaining session, I should register my own complaint. I thought holly's creation of this thread to discuss my "lovechild" with Monique was in fact rather petulant and discourteous to both Monique and I. I made a passing joke in another thread (which admittedly was itself mildly inappropriate), which led holly to make this thread. I was rather disappointed that she did not contact me (or presumably Monique either) before deciding to initiate a public discussion about our "lovechild." Although the thread turned out to be very funny, its premise was a little questionable.

I should also add that member should not chastise other members for their posts or threads, so long as those posts or threads do not violate our terms of service. If you don't like a thread, don't participate in it. Simple as that.

- Warren

Why the heck does my name appear in red in several posts (including my own) above? It would be the first time that my computer would have done this by itself. The red letter for truth?