How Did PrudensOptimus's Dating Adventure Turn Out?

In summary: If you want to put the kibosh on any possible romance then go ahead, tell her how nervous she makes you feel and how you're intimidated by her. And Congratulations, because you just made another friend..What about the people that are intimidated by you?The people that are intimidated by me might still like me. They might just be intimidated by my confidence.
hey me first

Physics news on Phys.org
Dimitri Terryn said:
Well, the distance between Belgium and Brussels is of that order of magnitude. When can I come and pay you a visit? :wink:

I'll bring flowers and Belgian chocolates...
If you're bringing flowers and Belgian chocolates, you can come over anytime. :biggrin: Dimitri, you are such a doll! :smile:

Andy, you are a sweetheart also. hint: Belgian chocolates & flowers won't hurt either. :wink:

P.S. Don't let Tsunami know about the chocolate, she'll make me share.

Last edited:
When did adam get involved in this thread?

Andy said:
When did adam get involved in this thread?
AAAGH, ANDY not Adam. I have corrected it. Sorry Andy.

Evo said:
P.S. Don't let Tsunami know about the chocolate, she'll make me share.

It will be our little secret :wink:

Just wait until she sees this... better be far far away...

Andy said:
really?

ok then, I lied... :biggrin:

Origionally posted by Her?
AAAGH, ANDY not Adam. I have corrected it. Sorry Andy.

No worries I am useless with names aswell.

Dimitri Terryn said:
It will be our little secret :wink:

What?!?

Did I hear

CHOCOLATE?

funny how my chocolate radar goes off like that... I haven't been on PF much lately, but I just had this feeling... :wink:

Now LOOKY HERE! I've been feeling especially (read 'incredibly') grumpy lately (too much COLD and RAIN going on here in Oregon - I need some WARMTH and SUNSHINE! :crying:).

So, I don't want to have to deal with any lousy CHOCOLATE hiding CONSPIRACIES! :mad: :biggrin: GOT IT?

Here, though, is some loving advice to all the men here from their Sweet (sometimes) Aunt Tsu:

Learning What to Say to Women:

DANGEROUS: What's for dinner?
SAFER: Can I help you with dinner?
SAFEST: Where would you like to go for dinner?
ULTRASAFE: Here, have some chocolate.

DANGEROUS: Are you wearing that?
SAFER: Gee, you look good in brown.
SAFEST: WOW! Look at you!

DANGEROUS: What are you so worked up about?
SAFER: Could we be overreacting?
SAFEST: Here's fifty dollars.

DANGEROUS: Should you be eating that?
SAFER: You know, there are a lot of apples left.
SAFEST: Can I get you a glass of wine with that?

DANGEROUS: What did you do all day?
SAFER: I hope you didn't overdo it today.
SAFEST: I've always loved you in that robe!
ULTRASAFE: Here, have some more chocolate.

Copy this and keep it in your wallet. Refer to it frequently. :wink: :biggrin:

Tsunami, you are a riot! :biggrin:

Sounds like I need to send large amounts of dark Belgian chocolate your way. Nirvana? :smile:

{private message to Dimitri} ok, from now on we only mention chocolate in code - *dirty toenail clippings*, Tsunami will never catch on. :cool:

Evo said:
Nirvana? :smile:
Absolutely! :biggrin:

{private message to Dimitri} ok, from now on we only mention chocolate in code - *dirty toenail clippings*
GAK! :eek:

Tsunami will never catch on. :cool:
Yeah, right. Sheesh. Ya think I just fell off the chocolate truck like a spring chicken yesterday?

Tsunami, have you ever had Lindt chocolate? It's the best!

Godiva is the BEST

Oh, yes. I've had Lindt, Godiva, Dove Dark (one of my favorite readily available chocolates) and a multitude of other chocolates. In fact, Ivan and I spent 3 weeks taste testing chocolates all over europe. The conculsion--> I'm HOOKED on Belgian chocolates. Even the ones with stuff in them that I don't like! They are total oral orgasms! :biggrin: :wink: Ivan found the Nirvana site on-line and we've certainly been enjoying them for special occasions for many years now. :smile: When I don't have a box of Nirvana, though, a lovely bag of frozen Hersheys or Ghirrardelli semi-sweet chocolate bits (for cookies) will take care of a serious chocolate jones (I try to keep some on hand, but I have to hide them from Ivan or they'd be gone IMMEDIATELY!). Frozen M&M's (plain or dark) are an acceptable substitute. :wink:

Evo said:
One guy I was dating very casually, a successful business man, handsome, very sought after. He staged his own disappearance for 4 days to see how I would react! His close freinds and family knew he was ok, he just made it appear to me that he had vanished. I failed because I wasn't concerned enough. We weren't in a steady relationship, so it's not like he'd have to tell me if he was going out of town for a few days, although it was odd.

Another great guy, seriously, he was. But after only 3 dates, he called me at 1:30am and wanted to come over. I said no, so he started accusing me of having someone else there. A few minutes later, he's banging on my front door demanding to come in, saying if I was really alone I wouldn't object. So, I let him in and he went through the house and was amazed that I was really alone. Last date with that guy.

I could go on and on. Guys that call me 40 times an hour (I don't answer), showing up at my front door unannounced, spying on me. AAAGH!

Men are insane!

Evo, I am very sorry to know that you seem to have a problem that not even Men Are From Mars and Women Are From Venus (my bible) can solve. The book says one of the primal emotional needs of men is to be trusted. Those guys you mention don't seem to have that need at all, in fact they seem to have a desperate (feminine) need for attention. I am really baffled. Maybe subconsciously they know that you are the intidote for their neurosis and therefore find you absolutely irresistible. Hmmmmm. But DON'T give up hope, keep sampling, there are guys and there are guys. If all else fail, MAKE them read the book for self-improvement before going out with you again.

You are reading far to much into this. Those guys were jerks, period.

I agree. But anyway, who needs a lover anyway when there's really good chocolate to be had. Chocolate never stands you up on a date or goes psycho on you! :)

Nirvana web site, huh? Thanks for the tip - I'm there!

<dissapears in a flash>

Polly said:
Evo, I am very sorry to know that you seem to have a problem that not even Men Are From Mars and Women Are From Venus (my bible) can solve. The book says one of the primal emotional needs of men is to be trusted. Those guys you mention don't seem to have that need at all, in fact they seem to have a desperate (feminine) need for attention. I am really baffled. Maybe subconsciously they know that you are the intidote for their neurosis and therefore find you absolutely irresistible. Hmmmmm. But DON'T give up hope, keep sampling, there are guys and there are guys. If all else fail, MAKE them read the book for self-improvement before going out with you again.
Thanks Polly, but Dimitri is correct, it's no big deal. I had no emotional relationship with them. I tend to figure out a guy is emotionally needy very quickly and drop them like hot potatoes. Unfortunatley, it seems to be the only type I meet in real life.

There are so many damaged men out there that have only dealt with high maintenance, demanding, clinging vine types that when they meet someone like me that doesn't want to be attached at the hip, they misunderstand and think either I don't want them or there is someone else.

My philosophy on dating is that it's either right or wrong, and if it's wrong, don't waste time trying to make it work, cut your loses and move on.

Men will be boys

I was talking to my best friend in Sicily tonight and he told me he is going tomorrow to scope out a Mediterranean island off the coast of Sicily for a photographic shoot.

Oh, for the ancient ruins, I naively ask?

Uhm, no. His friend's dad owns a large company and his friend decided it would be a good idea to hire a large group of gorgeous bikini models from Romania for a company calendar.

Uh huh. So, they're going to fly all these bikini models to a secluded island in the Mediterranean for a few days this summer. For a calendar, for the company, of course they have to be there. Uh huh.

You guys are shocked and appalled, right? You would have nothing to do with this and would turn down an invitation, right? Of course you would!

Evo said:
There are so many damaged men out there that have only dealt with high maintenance, demanding, clinging vine types that when they meet someone like me that doesn't want to be attached at the hip, they misunderstand and think either I don't want them or there is someone else.

My philosophy on dating is that it's either right or wrong, and if it's wrong, don't waste time trying to make it work, cut your loses and move on.

My boyfriend is a globally acknowledged Mr. Nice. Very polite and gentle. He also has a heart of gold which is why I fell for him. Of course I only realized the damage done to him as a result of being dumped in a boarding school since 8 when it was too late. He had been desperate for his mother's love and could never say no to her, who oppresses and twists him around. Since we have been having this long distance relationship, she would say nasty things about me and even put words into my mouth. It was very difficult. I guess the relation has managed to work chiefly because I acted like a "saint", honestly I did. I would ignore the mother and instead of telling him what to do or how much pain I am in, I concentrated on encouraging him and praising him for every little thing he does. He grew to be much bolder and not needy of his mother anymore (HOORAY!). Encouragement and praise, works for puppies works for men. You have been lucky so far sister but watch out, because "it is a lightning city" :biggrin: .

Evo said:
I was talking to my best friend in Sicily tonight and he told me he is going tomorrow to scope out a Mediterranean island off the coast of Sicily for a photographic shoot.

Uhm, no. His friend's dad owns a large company and his friend decided it would be a good idea to hire a large group of gorgeous bikini models from Romania for a company calendar.

Uh huh. So, they're going to fly all these bikini models to a secluded island in the Mediterranean for a few days this summer. For a calendar, for the company, of course they have to be there. Uh huh.

You guys are shocked and appalled, right? You would have nothing to do with this and would turn down an invitation, right? Of course you would!

Well let the men have fun. I am sure the models will have a wonderful time as well.

Evo said:

I'm not sure... I really, really like Sicily.

Evo said:

Aw, come on now. They may be planning on selling the calendars for charity or for a fundraiser.

Dimitri Terryn said:
I'm sure it's even more fun with 12 bikini models. :biggrin:
Chrono said:
Aw, come on now. They may be planning on selling the calendars for charity or for a fundraiser.
You're right a fundraiser to get more models. :wink:

Dimitri Terryn said:
Evo said:
I'm sure it's even more fun with 12 bikini models. :biggrin:
I'M thinking that might be WHY he really really likes Sicily. :biggrin:

Chrono said:
Yeah! THAT'S it! That's the ticket! It's a charitable OBLIGATION!

Right! :wink: :biggrin:

Evo said:

Sounds a little like a 'I'm trying to make you just a little bit jealous' ploy.
So. Did you tell him that YOU are the judge in a Hunky Guy contest? :biggrin:
(Maybe you and your SISTER should take a little trip to Sicily this summer? Rent a nice little (ski) boat, maybe do a little trolling... :wink: :biggrin:)

Tsunami said:
Yeah! THAT'S it! That's the ticket! It's a charitable OBLIGATION!
Right!

Hey, you never know. Just think what they can do with all the money they get from selling them.

Chrono said:
Hey, you never know. Just think what they can do with all the money they get from selling them.
I doubt they will be selling them. More like giveaways to their customers - like pens, coffeecups, baseball caps...

Tsunami said:
Sounds a little like a 'I'm trying to make you just a little bit jealous' ploy.
So. Did you tell him that YOU are the judge in a Hunky Guy contest? :biggrin:
(Maybe you and your SISTER should take a little trip to Sicily this summer? Rent a nice little (ski) boat, maybe do a little trolling... :wink: :biggrin:)
Yeah, he's rubbing it in. Hmmmm, a little trip to Sicily just might be in order. Ivan won't mind, right? :biggrin:

It's exactly one week until the date. I've told my parents and they seem cool with it, except that they don't really want us to be serious. Oh, well, if it does, it does. At least, that's what I'm hoping for.

Evo said:
Yeah, he's rubbing it in. Hmmmm, a little trip to Sicily just might be in order. Ivan won't mind, right? :biggrin:
Heck, no! When do we leave? :wink:

Hope the week goes fast for you, Chrono! It's going to be a busy day for some of us PFer's. I know someone who's having a birthday next Friday :wink: and I'm getting together with two old college friends for dinner. Hot diggity! Fun times are on OTW! :biggrin:

Chrono said:
OK, PrudensOptimus, it has been a couple of months now. I'm curious as to how things are going. Did you ever make a date? Find another girl? Or, are you still where you were?

I think some other guys out there shared their problems. I think it's time for a little update.

:wink:

I am back :D :biggrin:

And umm, haven't found anyone lately, however, I was working on some proofs for E=MC^2.

WOOT! long time no see Prudens!

jimmy p said:
WOOT! long time no see Prudens!
Heh heh.

A little update of my life.

On March 20th I led my Botball team to victory at SouthEastern Regional Conference, 3rd place, could've done better, but I was the only one that wrote the programs for the bots. Around July I'll be going to San Jose for National competition.

Around April I was invited to an interview for semi-finalists for ASMS(Arkansas Math and Science school), got accepted, happy. It's a boarding school(go home on the weekends, you know what that means:D).

And, recently, worked on a proof on E=MC^2, as a result of deriviing from the Work Energy theorem, I got E = m(rest) * c^2 * Gamma + mc^2 + m(rest)/m * c^2, where c is speed of light and Gamma is the Lorentz factor. If I assume rest mass is 0, then E is basically mc^2. I probably made a few false assumptions that I need to remodify.

sounds like a lot of work. I have been sitting at my computer thinking about doing work, and in my spare time, trying to bait a girl into liking me :)