Is it time for Random Thoughts - Part 4?

In summary: No, I'm not going to finish that.Some guy tried to sell me eh.. recreational tools today while I was getting groceries.I guess setting up a trashy website was too costly for him, so he just sold them in the frozen foods section at walmart.
  • #1,646
Yes, the saint. Moreover, in a folklore, Sveti Ilija is known as the master of thunderbolts

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,647
zoobyshoe said:
I'm creeped out because one of the cats has actually disappeared. I haven't seen it for days, and it is the very cat the snake ate in the dream.

Any updates/news on the kitty?

• #1,648
Maybe some Italians in neighbourhood?
:D

• #1,649
collinsmark said:
Any updates/news on the kitty?
Haven't seen her. And I've actually been keeping my eyes open for large snakes coiled up under people's hedges. After I had the dream I couldn't think of any source for the snake. I hadn't been thinking about them or seen any on TV. Made me wonder if I had caught a glimpse of an actual one and dismissed it as something else. People's pets get loose. About ten years ago I saw a 4 foot iguana up a palm tree. A lot of non-native animals can survive on their own here, due to the mild climate.

• #1,650
I've never heard of this word before:

Bom´bi`late
v. i.1.To hum; to buzz.

Which surprises me. You'd think people would find the alliteration, "bombilating bees" irresistable. Like, there'd be a band by now.

• #1,651
Bombus (Latin, from the ancient Greek meaning "buzzing") is used as the scientific family name for bumblebees, so it sounds a bit tautologous to me.

• #1,652
zoobyshoe said:
If it's working for you, you're good. I'm just surprised such a small motor doesn't overheat before you're done with the lawn.
I can only imagine, that is was because of over engineering.
And, that I only have about 500 ft2 of lawn.
The other 4500 ft2 of property, I would describe as; "A bumpy geometric plane of dirt, with patches of moss, dotted with rocks, which acts as a leaf collector, in the fall".

Surrounding a hyper dimensional thingy in the middle, of course.

• #1,653
Jonathan Scott said:
Bombus (Latin, from the ancient Greek meaning "buzzing") is used as the scientific family name for bumblebees, so it sounds a bit tautologous to me.
So, "bombilating bees" would be akin to saying, "buzzing buzzers."

• #1,654
OmCheeto said:
And, that I only have about 500 ft2 of lawn.
I guess that's not so much lawn to tackle.

• #1,655
Phenomenon of disappearing socks strikes again. As it seems, one more is gone :mad:

• #1,656
99% of most thoughts are of things that only apply/reside in the space of 10 mile thick sphere with a diameter of 12,000 kilometers in an incomprehensibly large universe.

• #1,657
TheDemx27 said:
99% of most thoughts are of things that only apply/reside in the space of 10 mile thick sphere with a diameter of 12,000 kilometers in an incomprehensibly large universe.
Randomly guessing and asking, did your thought measure that as the distance/volume covered at c over the lifetime of a 'thought'...?

<-- Looking like four is my number for the day, with 444 posts. Now I just need to figure out if it's lucky for today, something I should be careful about, or Murphy's Law waiting to catch me off guard...

Last edited:
  • #1,658
TumblingDice said:
Randomly guessing and asking, did your thought measure that as the distance/volume covered at c over the lifetime of a 'thought'...?
No :p
<-- Looking like four is my number for the day, with 444 posts.
dubs. check em.

• #1,659
Turns out I have forgotten most of my electronics >.<
Can't even figure out what to use for a high powered 0.5-1 Hz strobe light...

Feel stupid now

• #1,660
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK...Zzzzz...

• #1,661
Every time I click the smilies icon, the page is directed to another strange page but it works the second time on. We must do something, This is something, We must do this.

• #1,662
Medicol said:
Every time I click the smilies icon, the page is directed to another strange page but it works the second time on. We must do something, This is something, We must do this.
Your army is ready:
:Lo:):H:DD:)):k:nb):):so0)?:)oo):w;):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O

Likes Medicol
  • #1,663
Enigman said:
'night, e-man! Sweet dreams :)!

Likes Enigman
  • #1,664
Enigman said:
You are the weak, and I am the tyranny of coffee makers.

• #1,666
PBS is about to air Secrets of the Tower of London, "A tour of the Tower of London, which has served as a royal castle, prison, place of execution and torture, armory and mint during its almost 1000 years of existence."

• #1,667
Last edited by a moderator:
Likes Medicol
  • #1,669
Will people get old (wrinkles on their faces) if they keep planning and organizing what to do today and tomorrow ? It's a long lasting effort.
I tried but the next 2-3 days I missed some tasks as well as overlapped several and finally my schedule was actually rescheduled unexpectedly until one day I sent the schedule file to my trashbin. There I went back to days without any plans.

• #1,670
  • #1,671
I was watching old episodes of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe today with my kids, and I don't know why I never realized this before, but...
Castle Grayskull... is actually green.

• #1,672
:nb) hygiene :k ugly make-up :DD retarded
:L flushing ?:) spicy o:) breakfast

• #1,673
Beautiful, smart babe but with a bad smell from mouth?:)
Life aint fair

• #1,674
After 12,000 or so random thoughts over the last 72 hours, some deity sent me the following sign:

2014.10.16.1209.froggy.sign.jpg

I have no idea how to interpret this, other than, I found a frog.

• #1,675
UN rights chief: Ebola, extremists 'twin plagues'
http://news.yahoo.com/un-rights-chief-ebola-extremists-twin-plagues-095407858.html

• #1,676
zoobyshoe said:
If it's working for you, you're good. I'm just surprised such a small motor doesn't overheat before you're done with the lawn.
Ok then. It's Thursday, so the recycle man emptied my bin. So I again attempted to destroy my mower, which I did most adequately. The melamine shaft broke off when I hit a 20 lb rock covered with holly branches.

This sent me into a bit of a panic, as the only other mower I have is Om powered.

It took me a bit longer to mow the lawn, but it worked. I'm guessing I have no more than a 1/10 hp output, so I'm calling BS on the assertion that a 1/3 hp mower is underpowered.

pf.2014.10.16.1754.OneOmPowerLawnmower.jpg

So there.

And yes, my neighbor 2 doors down did make a fence out of metal corrugated roofing material which sounded like 100 garbage cans being towed down the street by a pickup truck the first time we had a healthy wind.

But, I think he is either a scientist, and/or, an engineer, as the noise, has since stopped.

:)

Likes nsaspook
  • #1,677
OmCheeto said:
I'm guessing I have no more than a 1/10 hp output, so I'm calling BS on the assertion that a 1/3 hp mower is underpowered.
Only 75 W? Man, you got to work out more often :D

• #1,678
Astronuc said:
UN rights chief: Ebola, extremists 'twin plagues'
http://news.yahoo.com/un-rights-chief-ebola-extremists-twin-plagues-095407858.html
Speaking of Ebola and extremists, I saw a headline in a Google result yesterday that claimed that 2000 martyrs in Saudi Arabia were being given Ebola so that they could be released in the United States. It's amazing what some people will dream up. :eek:

• #1,679
OmCheeto said:
So I again attempted to destroy my mower, which I did most adequately.
Craigslist.

• #1,680
zoobyshoe said:
PBS is about to air Secrets of the Tower of London, "A tour of the Tower of London, which has served as a royal castle, prison, place of execution and torture, armory and mint during its almost 1000 years of existence."
They're having a series on castles and important homes, it's been very good.