Is it time for Random Thoughts - Part 4?

In summary: No, I'm not going to finish that.Some guy tried to sell me eh.. recreational tools today while I was getting groceries.I guess setting up a trashy website was too costly for him, so he just sold them in the frozen foods section at walmart.
  • #2,136
edward said:
Here we go, the latest science has proven that bots can't see rabbits. If anyone can see a rabbit in the video they are not a bot.

If you see a rabbit punch a quail you may have a problem.

Edit: If you see a second rabbit appear call your doctor immediately.

Oh my god! I love those two little rabbits! They so cute. Please let me love you little bunnies. :L

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2,137
nuuskur said:
wow, that's clever :D
It takes a community. I couldn't have done it without the setup by my wingman Borg.

Psinter said:
Please let me love you little bunnies
Are you on the SPCA watchlist? :olduhh:

• #2,138
Danger said:
It takes a community. I couldn't have done it without the setup by my wingman Borg.Are you on the SPCA watchlist? :olduhh:
Hehe. Nope, but I cannot have a pet because of my apartment's policies. And at my parent's home I cannot have one either because of my parent's policies. :s

So I want to graduate and then get a job and then get a home and then get a bunny... Among other things I want.

EDIT: A home with no policies about bunnies.

• #2,139
Psinter said:
Hehe. Nope, but I cannot have a pet because of my apartment's policies. And at my parent's home I cannot have one either because of my parent's policies. :s

So I want to graduate and then get a job and then get a home and then get a bunny... Among other things I want.

:DD

• #2,140
Psinter said:

Old Student is laughing, but I almost feel like crying. I've had my Lucy (Lucifer T. Cat) for 14 years, ever since she was 3, and I can't bear to think of living without her. I love her more than just about any human that I know, and honestly would kill anyone who hurt her. She will probably outlive me, and I'm glad for that. She's accommodated in my will. Her predecessor Dingbat McBeth died almost exactly on his 20th birthday, and I loved him just as much. I've had only one rabbit, a baby bush-bunny that I found in my hedgerow a little over 40 years ago. His nest had been ploughed up, and his parents were nowhere to be found. It's the only pet that I've ever had who committed suicide. Since it was wild, I couldn't just let it run free in the house, so I placed it in a toque, set on a thick towel inside the washing machine, and left some cat kibble with it. (That was the old upright wringer-type.) The next morning, I found him dead on the floor. Despite his diminutive size, he had managed to leap the 60cm or so straight up to escape the washer drum and then fell on his head on top of a Coke bottle in a case on the floor. :oldcry:

Likes AnOldStudent
  • #2,141
WTH is wrong with my laptop! it keeps giving me bad gatway window for anything I look up that's related to school.

URGHHHHHHHHHH. *grumpy*

Likes Medicol
  • #2,143
Enigman said:
Its probably a problem with the servers and not your laptop.
I agree, because I sometimes get that same message and I'm on a MacBook Pro running Safari through Mavericks OS. A server is probably the only thing we have in common.

• #2,144
This explanation is shorter and easier to understand
http://support.maxcdn.com/502-bad-gateway/

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #2,145
I was thinking about it today and it occurred to me they never showed the psychiatrist's face.

• #2,147
zoki85 said:
Yeah ! :approve:
Agreed! She's a mere child by my standards, and nearly enough to make me watch another Bond movie. I did watch the first 2 Craig ones after they came on TV, but the last that I'd seen before that was "Licence To Kill". I just don't care about them any more.

• #2,148
I like GNOME desktop of CentOS, its animation looks cool.

• #2,149
Maths is beautiful
Google this :

exp(-((x-4)^2+(y-4)^2)^2/1000) + exp(-((x+4)^2+(y+4)^2)^2/1000) + 0.1exp(-((x+4)^2+(y+4)^2)^2)+0.1exp(-((x -4)^2+(y- 4)^2)^2)

• #2,150
Why? I tried and got this:
3D charts require a web browser and system that support WebGL.
unpluggedbot.png

Likes AnOldStudent
  • #2,151
Danger said:
Why? I tried and got this:
3D charts require a web browser and system that support WebGL.
unpluggedbot.png
:D haha, I like the webGL image, cute TV robot :DD

• #2,152
zoobyshoe said:
My vacuum cleaner didn't suck, which sucked.

I investigated and found a hose was compacted with dust. Not sure how that happens. Maybe it builds up on the walls of the hose, and then suddenly comes off, clogging it up?

There was a comment going around a while back that the only way Microsoft could come out with something that did not suck was if they manufactured vacuum cleaners.

Likes Borek, Borg and Danger
  • #2,153
Why is it so many coffee shops use this dark, heavy décor, even in winter? I suspect they believe the dark layout looks somehow more sophisticated, while bright colors look childish. Still, I love the few places with the bright colors, like Dunkin Donuts, specially during the dark days of winter, when is dark out at 4:30 p.m. On this note, I realized my impression of the quality of a neighborhood is positively correlated with the number of coffee shops and general hang out places. Maybe there is a correlation between the overall wealth of a neighborhood and the number of hang out places.

• #2,154
WWGD said:
There was a comment going around a while back that the only way Microsoft could come out with something that did not suck was if they manufactured vacuum cleaners.
:oldlaugh: :oldlaugh: :oldlaugh:

WWGD said:
Why is it so many coffee shops use this dark, heavy décor, even in winter?
It's all about the fuel costs. Dark absorbs sunlight, and thus less heating is required. :approve:

Likes AnOldStudent
  • #2,155
WWGD said:
Why is it so many coffee shops use this dark, heavy décor, even in winter? I suspect they believe the dark layout looks somehow more sophisticated, while bright colors look childish.
It depends on the specific lighting, but the coffee shops I know that are dark have little islands of intimacy. This is nice if you're in the mood for your own little island. Bright shops make you aware of everyone in the whole place as more of a group.

Last edited:
  • #2,156
Zoob, I know that you're getting up there in years, but really... forgetting to respond to the thing that you quoted? Does your nurse know that you're at the computer?

edit: Oh, sure... now you edit it to make it look like I'm delusional... :p

• #2,157
Danger said:
:oldlaugh: :oldlaugh: :oldlaugh:

It's all about the fuel costs. Dark absorbs sunlight, and thus less heating is required. :approve:
And yes Dark is always the source to blame when bad things occur :DD

• #2,158
AnOldStudent said:
And yes Dark is always the source to blame when bad things occur
Of course; that's why it makes up the minority of KFC buckets.

Likes WWGD and Medicol
  • #2,160
lisab said:
Oh please let us know how it turns out! I'm hoping for the best :) !

RonL said:
Based on your avatar and profile, you deserve the impossible :) I have my fingers crossed for you :nb)

A week later: complete radio silence. No response to inquiry. Frustrated.

Likes Medicol
  • #2,161
AnOldStudent said:
I like drizzle's avatar . It looks sooo funny.
I've always assumed that it was a pony on acid farting. Am I missing something? :oldconfused:

Likes Medicol
  • #2,162
Monique said:
A week later: complete radio silence. No response to inquiry. Frustrated.
:oldmad: Mad because I don't have a "slap to the back of the head" smilie to send someone in your neck of the woods.:angel:

Likes Medicol
  • #2,163
RonL said:
I don't have a "slap to the back of the head" smilie to send someone in your neck of the woods.
Get their address from her and mail them an envelope full of sneezing powder... When she "accidentally" strolls in with a bottle of Dristan, her future will be assured. :approve:

Likes Medicol
  • #2,164
[QUOTE="Danger,

It's all about the fuel costs. Dark absorbs sunlight, and thus less heating is required. :approve:[/QUOTE]

A , thanks, one mystery down, 1,000,000 more to go. How about this one : how does Jamba Juice do business in winter? Who buys an iced fruit drink when it is 25 degrees and windy outside? Just like I would not want to buy potato chips and sugary hot chocolate in the middle of Summer.

• #2,165
WWGD said:
[QUOTE="Danger,

A , thanks, one mystery down, 1,000,000 more to go. How about this one : how does Jamba Juice do business in winter? Who buys an iced fruit drink when it is 25 degrees and windy outside? Just like I would not want to buy potato chips and sugary hot chocolate in the middle of Summer.[/QUOTE]An attack on potato chips,...just as bad as getting the wrong picante sauce. ?:)

Last edited:
  • #2,166
WWGD said:
how does Jamba Juice do business in winter? Who buys an iced fruit drink when it is 25 degrees and windy outside?
I've never heard of Jamba Juice. Going by the description, though, it's perfectly logical. It's a medical fact that drinking something cold warms you, the same way that a nice cup of tea will cool you in summer. In both cases, the influx of a positive or negative thermal component tricks your hypothalamus into thinking that you're either colder or warmer than you really are and puts your biological countermeasures into overdrive.

• #2,167
Danger said:
I've never heard of Jamba Juice. Going by the description, though, it's perfectly logical. It's a medical fact that drinking something cold warms you, the same way that a nice cup of tea will cool you in summer. In both cases, the influx of a positive or negative thermal component tricks your hypothalamus into thinking that you're either colder or warmer than you really are and puts your biological countermeasures into overdrive.

Ahhhh!
Too much science.

ps. I just got angry at my cats, because, IMHO, they were eating their food too quickly. So I scolded them, in a British accent.

• #2,168
OmCheeto said:
ps. I just got angry at my cats, because, IMHO, they were eating their food too quickly. So I scolded them, in a British accent.

Blimey!

Likes RonL
  • #2,169
OmCheeto said:
Ahhhh!
Too much science.

Did they hiss at you in Spanish ? :olduhh::biggrin:

• #2,170
OmCheeto said:
Too much science.
Ahhhh...hahahahahah... :devil:

OmCheeto said:
I scolded them, in a British accent.
Now that's just animal cruelty. I hope that someone reports you to the RSPCA. (Oh, wait a second now... there's some sort of discontinuity here... hmmmm... :oldconfused:)

RonL said:
Did they hiss at you in Spanish ?
That's why all pets should be neutered. It's better to be hissed at than pissed at.

Last edited:
Likes RonL