Isn't it chat time now? Anyone know why it isn't open? Is it simply

• Thread starter Jonathan Scott
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Chat Time
In summary, it seems that there were some issues with the chat opening due to Greg's absence and potential technical difficulties. There was also some discussion about food and injuries, specifically Evo's spider bite. Despite some confusion and jokes about the disappearing smilies, it seems that chat was eventually opened and members were able to connect and chat with each other.

Lisa! said:
Evo = Greg?:rolleyes:
I'm Greg's feminine side. :biggrin:

I swear Greg has the smilies set up to change position constantly.

THE SMILIES KEEP MOVING!

I'm not the only that sees the smilies changing postion in the drop down box. Right? :rolleyes:

Physics news on Phys.org

Evo said:

THE SMILIES KEEP MOVING!

I'm not the only that sees the smilies changing postion in the drop down box. Right? :rolleyes:
They are always in the same place, Evo. Are you off your meds again?

turbo-1 said:
Spiders can be pretty potent. I was bitten on the base of my middle finger (between that one and the index finger) while I was sleeping one night about 15 years ago, and my finger swelled up. The bite scarred and I still have two prominent red bumps there from the fang-marks. We don't have Brown Recluse spiders, but that guy sure packed a punch. My friend got bit while we were crawling around under his barn replacing sills and leveling the foundation. He never felt the bite, but by the second or third day, he had an angry black bruise on his back over a foot across.

Heck, it should be a bylaw that spiders have to be muzzled in public places.

Evo said:
Right? :rolleyes:

No, the smiles are towards the left.

Evo said:

THE SMILIES KEEP MOVING!

No!
But I think you're the only 1 who's able to move them!:devil:

Greg's no longer even showing as online! :cry:

I only have and :!)

wolram said:
I only have and :!)
Oops! Bi-polar Woolie. RUN!

wolram said:
Heck, it should be a bylaw that spiders have to be muzzled in public places.
If this is a spider bite, all spiders will be muzzled from now on.

Jonathan Scott said:
He left without saying anything?

Someone has kidnapped Greg and stolen his computer!

Jonathan Scott said:

Nope, he's gone again. Looks like there's definitely no chat today!

:wink: Andre fills up Evo's glass with a Mouton Cadet Bordeaux cuvee 1998 :-p Who moved the smilies?

turbo-1 said:
Oops! Bi-polar Woolie. RUN!

I forgot to scroll the page up.

alright,that's good.Means that i van get back to work :)

Andre said:
:wink: Andre fills up Evo's glass with a Mouton Cadet Bordeaux cuvee 1998 :-p Who moved the smilies?
When Evo is having a medical emergency, life is a cocktail party. Plenty of crab and w(h)ine. :devil:

At the wedding i met a mans husband, it took ages to sink in, i thought he was drunk, then i felt silly.

wolram said:
At the wedding i met a mans husband, it took ages to sink in, i thought he was drunk, then i felt silly.
I have a nephew and a cousin that are gay, but neither of them refer to their partners as husbands. Hmm.

cristo said:
Evo's always in stealth mode. It's how she sneaks up on people!

She wasn't once, I must have a screenshot somewhere :)

Evo is a post card.

Post cards are in transit.

turbo-1 said:
When Evo is having a medical emergency, life is a cocktail party. Plenty of crab and w(h)ine. :devil:

I've no Kansasian stamps in my collection. hmmm...

Borek said:
Post cards are in transit.

So that is why no one gets them, those things are all ways breaking down.

Time for Greg to reappear to close the ... er ... chat?

(And nearly time for me to go watch some meaningless TV).

Are stamps a federal thing, or does each state print its own? I understand that US Post works in all US and I suppose stamps printed in Alaska are valid in Florida, but is their printing/production centralized?

*meet George Jet-son!*

where the heck was chat? I needed to whine about my food poisoning ordeal!

Borek said:
Are stamps a federal thing, or does each state print its own? I understand that US Post works in all US and I suppose stamps printed in Alaska are valid in Florida, but is their printing/production centralized?
There are sometimes special stamps printed to commemorate states and/or historic events in states, but the stamps are all produced by the US Postal service.

The reason that so many varieties of stamps are produced is that the USPS encourages stamp collecting. The stamps cost little to print and distribute, and every time a collector buys a book of stamps or a block of stamps to add to their collection, the stamps go out of circulation with no service required on the part of the USPS.

Math Is Hard said:
Oh no! What happened?

Math Is Hard said:

Tell us all about it, i have a little sympathy left.

MiH! What happened?

It started with a McDonald's McGriddle for breakfast Friday morning. It was all downhill from there. I had to leave work Friday and spent all yesterday recovering and sipping on ginger ale.

Eep! At least tell me you were able to get Vernors as your ginger ale!

Hurkyl said:
Eep! At least tell me you were able to get Vernors as your ginger ale!

No. Generic brand. :cry:

Sorry, no one who eats a Griddle is getting sympathy from me.

turbo-1 said:
There are sometimes special stamps printed to commemorate states and/or historic events in states, but the stamps are all produced by the US Postal service.

The reason that so many varieties of stamps are produced is that the USPS encourages stamp collecting. The stamps cost little to print and distribute, and every time a collector buys a book of stamps or a block of stamps to add to their collection, the stamps go out of circulation with no service required on the part of the USPS.

See: San Marino

population: 29,000

major source of international trade revenue: postage stamps

smart little village, er, I mean country.