Michael Jackson rushed to hospital

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Jackson
In summary, Michael Jackson has been rushed to a Los Angeles-area hospital by fire department paramedics who found him not breathing when they arrived at the singer's home. According to TMZ, Jackson is in a coma and may have died as a result of an overdose or suicide attempt.
JasonRox said:
Would have been nice to see him hit 1 billion records sold. Oh well, too many personal problems led to this I bet.

He may do in death now.

Physics news on Phys.org
The comment was made that much of his money actually came from his 50% ownership of Beatles songs.

rootX said:
I don't know what's wrong with celebrities but seems like too much money makes them crazy.

I don't think it's the money, but the constant spotlight. When you need to put giant walls around your home just so pictures of you in your robe and bunny slippers having morning coffee on your patio don't end up plastered in the papers around the world, it seems inevitable to snap under the pressure and perhaps play up to the expectations.

I didn't like his public persona, but his music was very good, even though not my type of music.

He was a troubled soul; it can't have been easy to have the spotlight on you from the age of 5.

is this a rumor?!

drizzle said:
is this a rumor?!

If you're talking about his death ... it is not a rumor.

It's on all the news stations.

rootX said:
I don't know what's wrong with celebrities but seems like too much money makes them crazy.
In this case, it was as much his father and brothers as it was the money.

I was never really a huge Jackson fan in that I never bought one of his records or CDs, but what amazed me about Jackson was the way the music would flow from his entire body. Watching him perform was always a treat. Some people seem like they were born to do what they do. If anything, Jackson was born to be a performer - a rare talent.

I remember when "Thriller" was actually an attraction at Disneyland!

I loved Jackson 5. I have Blame it on the Boogie on my iPod, and it always cheers me up:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ivan Seeking said:
I was never really a huge Jackson fan in that I never bought one of his records or CDs, but what amazed me about Jackson was the way the music would flow from his entire body. Watching him perform was always a treat. Some people seem like they were born to do what they do. If anything, Jackson was born to be a performer - a rare talent.

I remember when "Thriller" was actually an attraction at Disneyland!

Haha, yeah, I remember seeing Captain EO in 3D at epcot.

When i got the text telling me Micheal Jackson died an hour ago ( from then) I was shocked. It's tragic to see such talent just go at only age 50. I typically dislike watching Nancy Grace but it seems at the moment she has a decent person who followed Micheal Jacksons career talking. Believed come back before he died? I would believe it

I think he peaked too young. He had talent, but as his own emotional issues over his lost childhood overwhelmed him, I think it also overwhelmed his ability to perform. He lost his creative edge and never got it back, no matter how much he tried to replay his childhood.

I would say his career peaked with the Thriller album.

Thanks Ivan, for fixing my links and teaching me the proper way to set them up.

I think he peaked too young. He had talent, but as his own emotional issues over his lost childhood overwhelmed him, I think it also overwhelmed his ability to perform. He lost his creative edge and never got it back, no matter how much he tried to replay his childhood.

I think that the deluge of attention and pressure on MJ after he became mega-famous with Thriller is as much if not a more of a contributor to his difficulties. It's one thing to be famous, like the Jackson 5 were, but to be as famous as MJ was after Thriller has an even more devastating effect. The Beatles got too famous and they had to stop touring, go to India etc. Elvis Presley got too famous and he had major personal problems in his later years. Britney Spears got too famous and has had well-publicized problems. From what I've read MJ had it worse than any of them, in terms of the constant attention/scrutiny and pressure-cooker expectations that come with being so famous.

Wow, WGN just had a terrible idea when they were reporting on Michael jackson's death. They put up a still of Jesse Jackson and at the bottom "People mourn Jackson's death" (maybe it wasnt "people" but it was something) because they were going to show a piece on Jesse Jackson saying some words about Michael Jackson's death. Smart.

Oh and they had reporters out in the neighborhood where he lived and it's silly that all the people there were doing the stupid screaming and waving their arms because they're on TV. Come on, shouldn't they be sad?

Ivan Seeking said:
What?

Jackson was not found guilt of a crime. So Bob's your uncle.

All is well, and such.

Pengwuino said:
How do you even get into half a billion dollars worth of debt... without being the state of california or GM?
He was a loon. He spent a minimum of thousands of dollars a day and went on multimillion dollar spending sprees regularly even after he started having financial trouble and had to start selling off his collection of record interests. One reporter who went with him on one of his shopping trips said he saw the man spend a few million in a matter of minutes.

Moonbear said:
Must have been. MSNBC's article reported time of death as 3:15 California time, so there was a half hour to 45 min delay before reporting it (unless the autopsies are performed off-site there, and it was a delay to get the body transported before the media hounds knew to follow the coroner's van).
They flew his body out by chopper. Probably to avoid the crowds. Last I heard they hadn't done an autopsy yet and apparently the head of Robbery & Homocide was put on the case though that may have more to do with the case being high profile than any actual evidence of murder. Who knows.

Ivan Seeking said:
Ah, the judge and jury has arrived.

I see that the fact that he was never convicted of a crime has no bearing on your point of view.
Alot of people who are guilty of crimes get away with them. The last case against him seemed to be pretty good. Lucky for him though that the mother was a loon and not very credible.

Ivan Seeking said:
Some people seem like they were born to do what they do. If anything, Jackson was born to be a performer - a rare talent.
I think he was skinner boxed. That's why he was a total nutbag.

A mind-boggling talent. A brilliant creative mind. Such a sad life, really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ane6VJGlIMs

One of his most impressive performances as a young fellow.

Last edited:
If you don't mind the brevity of this reply:R.I.P. Michael Jackson

TheStatutoryApe said:
He was a loon. He spent a minimum of thousands of dollars a day and went on multimillion dollar spending sprees regularly even after he started having financial trouble and had to start selling off his collection of record interests. One reporter who went with him on one of his shopping trips said he saw the man spend a few million in a matter of minutes.

How is that even possible though? Does he walk into a jewelry store and just yell "I'll take it!"

Pengwuino said:
How is that even possible though? Does he walk into a jewelry store and just yell "I'll take it!"

He's point at stuff, "I want that", and his handlers would follow behind with the credit cards.

Pengwuino said:

For the shopping trip with the reporter that I heard about he flew to Vegas and went to a stop that caters to millionaires. As the reporter described it he apparently went about the place saying "I'll take that, and that, and three of these, and two of those..." The only one I remember specifically was a giant sized chess set he saw with near human sized pieces and, if I remember correctly, he said he wanted six of them.

Phrak said:
He's point at stuff, "I want that", and his handlers would follow behind with the credit cards.

My point is how do you even find stuff to buy at that outrageous rate? I can think of say, expensive dealerships, somewhere you buy boats, jewelry shops... unless he's purchasing actual companies and buildings and real estate...

TheStatutoryApe said:
For the shopping trip with the reporter that I heard about he flew to Vegas and went to a stop that caters to millionaires. As the reporter described it he apparently went about the place saying "I'll take that, and that, and three of these, and two of those..." The only one I remember specifically was a giant sized chess set he saw with near human sized pieces and, if I remember correctly, he said he wanted six of them.

hahahaha awesome! I'd buy one too and challenge people to chess and when they accepted, bring them to my backyard and be like "I call black!" and see their reaction :smile:.

Pengwuino said:
My point is how do you even find stuff to buy at that outrageous rate? I can think of say, expensive dealerships, somewhere you buy boats, jewelry shops... unless he's purchasing actual companies and buildings and real estate...

I defer to SA, with much better recall than I. :)

R.I.P

He always reminded me of evolution theory!

Sad. Great musician, messy man.

Sad news, though I know he will rest in peace. He leaves behind his children, I hope they'll find a warm place to grow up.

This music website has dedicated its front page to all Michael's top hits: http://www.yamelo.com/

RIP Micheal Jackson

Singer and songwriter Michael Jackson dies at age 50
rescue crews from the Los Angeles Fire Department responded to his home in Holmby Hills, a suburb of Los Angeles, California where they found Jackson not breathing. According to Fire Captain Steven Ruda, a 911 call was received from Jackson's home at 12:21 p.m. PDT (19:21 UTC), and paramedics responded just before 12:30 p.m. PDT (19:30 UTC). Paramedics unsuccessfully attempted CPR, for a suspected cardiac arrest. According to Lieutenant Fred Corral, the L.A. County Coroner, Jackson was pronounced dead at 2:26 p.m. PDT (21:26 UTC).

He waited too long for this return.

What? 68 posts and no off-coloured Michael Jackson jokes yet? :-p

phyzmatix said:
What? 68 posts and no off-coloured Michael Jackson jokes yet? :-p
Though Michael was off-color in so many ways. My take is that when confronted with the potential damage there was in his conduct with children, his response was that there was no damage to him, so it was ok.

Pengwuino said:

I was watching a documentary and it showed him buying everything in the store and even asking the man whether he had purchased specific items already. (the man replied that he already bought those before...:rolleyes:) A chess set he bought was $89,000 according to the same reporter who looked at the price tag after Jackson had said he wanted it. I personally think he was trying to make up for a lost childhood by buying things and trying to fill the void with material objects.

I was sad and shocked to hear of his passing. He made great great music.

One of my favourite songs. It has great meaning in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W61Q-EZ8R7M