PF Member Photo Thread Archive

In summary: Some members also made jokes and teased each other. The conversation ended with one member finally sharing his photo and asking the others to go easy on the photoshopping.
  • #1,716
wow, that one was almost witty

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,717
yourdadonapogostick said:
wow, that one was almost witty
You'll learn to appreciate subtle humour once you're all the way through puberty.

• #1,718
gravenewworld said:
Me on my birthday in good 'ol South Beach Fla. for spring break.
Where's your fork!?

• #1,719
Where's your fork!?

LOL i guess i should clarify. It was my 21st birthday when that pic was shot. :biggrin:

• #1,720
wanna be like Astronuc

I want to be like Astronuc, so as an experiment, i let my young beard grow 'a little bit :blushing: '

marlon

Attachments

• marlon beardie.jpg
    marlon beardie.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 428
  • #1,721
marlon said:
I want to be like Astronuc, so as an experiment, i let my young beard grow 'a little bit
:smile: No you don't! You don't know what you are in for. :biggrin: Besides, Marlon, you are too handsome to look like me. Good luck with the beard. :biggrin:

I am getting a lot of static about the length of my hair, which is just about long enough to put in a ponytail.

I was essentially ordered to get a haircut. I am not surprised, but just disappointed.

In 2 weeks, I have a project meeting with a client where I have to meet the VP of a utility, so I have to get a hair cut. I haven't decided how much though. :biggrin:

I need a different job where I can let my hair grow. I am tired and weary of the BS in the corporate world.

Last edited:
  • #1,722
Don't loose the beard man, it makes you look very cool, IMO.

I am going to continue with the beard experiment for a little while longer and see if i experience the same things you warned me for now.

Thanks for replying man, appreciate it

regards
marlon

ps, i also want to do a Danger-personification. I just need the cool glasses and the special eye-vision...:)

Last edited:
  • #1,723
Since everyone's posting their pictures...

...here's my ugly one.

Last edited:
  • #1,724
laminatedevildoll said:
...here's my ugly one.
You are a femme fatale!

• #1,725
laminatedevildoll said:
...here's my ugly one.
Really? The ugly one? Well then don't put up the pretty one because I might fall out of my chair and hurt myself.

• #1,726
zoobyshoe said:
You are a femme fatale!
I never thought of myself in that way.

TheStatutoryApe said:
Really? The ugly one? Well then don't put up the pretty one because I might fall out of my chair and hurt myself.
How flattering, Statutory. Unfortunately, I am just a bleak, long-haired, muddy brown-eyed individual.

Last edited:
  • #1,727
laminatedevildoll said:
How flattering, Statutory. Unfortunately, I am just a bleak, long-haired, muddy brown-eyed individual.
Are you trying to tell me I have bad taste? That's not very nice.
You should do what I do. Just leave the opinion making on your looks for the opposite sex err.. that is which ever sex you're oriented towards.

• #1,728
TheStatutoryApe said:
Are you trying to tell me I have bad taste? That's not very nice.
You should do what I do. Just leave the opinion making on your looks for the opposite sex err.. that is which ever sex you're oriented towards.
Well, I wasn't implying that at all. I just have low self-esteem and the fact that your hotness level is off the richter scale. In any case, that's my problem, not yours. In any case, thank you for making my day earlier.

Last edited:
  • #1,729
laminatedevildoll said:
I never thought of myself in that way.
My dictionary defines femme fatale as : "1.)a seductive woman who lures men into dangerous or compromising situations 2.)devil doll"

• #1,730
zoobyshoe said:
My dictionary defines femme fatale as : "1.)a seductive woman who lures men into dangerous or compromising situations 2.)devil doll"

I once dared a male friend of mine at Berkeley to go into one of those stores alone, namely, 'Wet Seal' to make a purchase of this extremely feminine black polka-dotted shear halter top with his credit card. It was amusing even though I never wore it.

• #1,731
laminatedevildoll said:
I once dared a male friend of mine at Berkeley to go into one of those stores alone, namely, 'Wet Seal' to make a purchase of this extremely feminine black polka-dotted shear halter top with his credit card. It was amusing even though I never wore it.
Aha! I knew it!

• #1,732
zoobyshoe said:
Aha! I knew it!

But that's only one incident. I don't know of any others... Is it evil or devil-like to ignore the opposite sex?

• #1,733
laminatedevildoll said:
Is it evil or devil-like to ignore the opposite sex?
The answer depends completely on your reason for ignoring them.

Now I'm just realizing I'm not sure I read your user name correctly. Is it "laminated devil doll" with two d's compressed to one, or is it "laminated evil doll"?

• #1,734
laminatedevildoll said:
this extremely feminine black polka-dotted shear halter top with his credit card. It was amusing even though I never wore it.
Well then, I have a suggestion for your next member photo. :-p

Marlon, old bud... quite the foliage you're developing there. Don't hide too much of your face, though. (And for chrissake don't forget about that dratted Velcro effect.)

• #1,735
Danger said:
(And for chrissake don't forget about that dratted Velcro effect.)
:smile: :smile:

only You can express himself like that :approve:

marlon

• #1,736
laminatedevildoll said:
...here's my ugly one.
At the risk if sounding too direct, i think you are extremely beautiful.

What is it that you do in life?

marlon

ps : thanks for revealing us your picture :approve:

• #1,737
zoobyshoe said:
The answer depends completely on your reason for ignoring them.

Now I'm just realizing I'm not sure I read your user name correctly. Is it "laminated devil doll" with two d's compressed to one, or is it "laminated evil doll"?
I just ignore them because I feel like it! After all, I am really evil. No, I am only kidding.
Now that you mention it, it was meant to be laminated devil doll, so I just cut that extra d out so that it looks prettier.

Danger said:
Well then, I have a suggestion for your next member photo. :-p
I am not so sure about wearing risque clothing...

marlon said:
At the risk if sounding too direct, i think you are extremely beautiful.

What is it that you do in life?

marlon

ps : thanks for revealing us your picture :approve:

Well, I am a 19 year old double physics/computational math major and also student researcher in geophysics. I was hesitant to reveal it because everyone in PF is so hot.

Last edited:
  • #1,738
laminatedevildoll said:
I was hesitant to reveal it because everyone in PF is so hot.
Ohh c'mon, that is really untrue. Most of the people here have like a physical appearance that is worth nothing compared to you. Just check out some pics.
Your picture would fit (with some colour adaptation ofcourse) directly into a Botticelli-painting, trust me. :approve:

What college are you attending?

marlon

• #1,739
Besides, what is the history behind the laminatedevildoll-name ?

marlon (BRANDO)

• #1,740
marlon said:
Ohh c'mon, that is really untrue. Most of the people here have like a physical appearance that is worth nothing compared to you. Just check out some pics.
Your picture would fit (with some colour adaptation ofcourse) directly into a Botticelli-painting, trust me. :approve:

What college are you attending?

marlon

Thanks, but looks don't matter anyways.

UCB BTW.
marlon said:
Besides, what is the history behind the laminatedevildoll-name ?

marlon (BRANDO)

My name is not a product of my creativity; I used naminator from gamespy.com to generate a name.

Last edited:
  • #1,741
laminatedevildoll said:
I used naminator from gamespy.com to generate a name.
:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: You hang on to this one Marlon.

• #1,742
Smurf said:

May I ask, what that implies?! Naminator is no longer available.

• #1,743
Smurf said:
:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

ok, i just needed 5 minutes to recover from laughing my ass off. This is what i would call an insightful reply

marlon

• #1,744
laminatedevildoll said:
Well, I wasn't implying that at all. I just have low self-esteem and the fact that your hotness level is off the richter scale. In any case, that's my problem, not yours. In any case, thank you for making my day earlier.
thankyou... :blushing:
And you're very welcome. I'm more than happy to make a lovely lady's day.

laminatedevildoll said:
I was hesitant to reveal it because everyone in PF is so hot.
You fit in with all the lovely PF ladies just fine. I promise.

• #1,745
laminatedevildoll, the guys are right, you have an exotic, sultry look that could make you a model!

• #1,746
TheStatutoryApe's hotness is off the erection scale?

Oops, a misreading.:blushing: A relief, really it is such a long way to SoCal..

• #1,747
arildno said:
Oops, a misreading.:blushing: A relief, really it is such a long way to SoCal..
arildno...<shakes head> what am I going to do with you? :wink:

• #1,748
Evo said:
laminatedevildoll, the guys are right, you have an exotic, sultry look that could make you a model!

Wow, thank you Evo. I have gotten that before but I always thought people were making fun of me; after all I am only 5' 7 and not skinny at all. BTW, this is completely out of subject, but do you think it's possible to find a man who cooks? What are the possibilities?

And as for the exotic part, I am Sri Lankan/Portugese/Arabic and a little bit of Dutch. But most people think I am either Indian or Mexican.
arildno said:
TheStatutoryApe's hotness is off the erection scale?

I should start saying that instead. A very creative/carnal statement, indeed. You said it best, arildno.

Last edited:
  • #1,749
laminatedevildoll said:
Wow, thank you Evo. I have gotten that before but I always thought people were making fun of me; after all I am only 5' 7 and not skinny at all.
Voluptuous. Very important in a femme fatale.

It looks from your courses like you're quite brainy as well. Geophysics must be a fascinating subject.

• #1,750
zoobyshoe said:
Voluptuous. Very important in a femme fatale. .
Frankly, I don't mind being like Tomb Raider or like Mrs. Smith. All I need is a whip. Is that too extreme?

zoobyshoe said:
It looks from your courses like you're quite brainy as well. Geophysics must be a fascinating subject.

Geophysics is a great subject. Most of my research work concerns programming... modeling faults and stuff. Apparently, we are trying to put together a program that would ultimately predict the possibilities of earthquakes in southern california. I cannot believe that the possibility of another earthquake in california is very high. After all, next year is the anniversary of the big 1906 quake in San Francisco.

Last edited: