Random Thoughts Part 4 - Split Thread

In summary, Danger has a small crush on Swedish TV, and thinks that the russians are bad arses. He also mentions that taking a math class at 8:00 isdestructive.
  • #1,856
WWGD said:
There is this guy here who seems to be weirdly out of the loop, even though, by his own account he has lived here for a few years. There are thousands of Spanish-speaking people here with Spanish names, but this guy pronounces them completely wrong. He pronounces , e.g., "Jose" , as "Joe's" , and "Juan" , as "Jew-Ann" . It would seem that just by hanging out and being out there, he would have caught the right way of pronouncing the names.
I doubt the problem is that he hasn't noticed how Spanish speakers pronounce those names. It's more likely he deeply believes all those Spanish speakers are pronouncing them wrong just like they pronounce so many English words wrong. He probably thinks they're pronouncing the whole Spanish language wrong, as well.

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,857
  • #1,858
Produce Placement.

Bbc+avoiding+product+placement+source+imgur_551f09_5603093.jpg

• #1,859
Enigman said:
Produce Placement.

Asus > Apple

• #1,860
Oranges > Apple

And yes I am talking about the brand.

Last edited:
  • #1,861
Enigman said:
Produce Placement.

I'm feeling a subliminal suggestion of a Sony.

Last edited:
  • #1,862
Seinfeld in the morning doesn't seem right. It is a night show, or at least after 5 p.m.

• #1,863
What's that? Lion or leopard?:blushing:

23w1g85.jpg

• #1,864
Two days and I'm finally out of recursion hell... :woot:

• #1,865
A magical turnaround: I was walking in a hurry to meet someone and I had to cross some busy streets. I perceived the cars, drivers as morons, enemies to be beaten. Then I got lost and I had to take a taxi. Suddenly, while riding in the taxi, almost automagically, the card drivers became the noble ones and the pedestrians were a bunch of morons that should be plowed with the taxi.

Last edited:
Likes ShayanJ
  • #1,866
WWGD said:
A magical turnaround: I was walking in a hurry to meet someone and I had to cross some busy streets. I perceived the cars, drivers as morons, enemies to be beaten. Then I got lost and I had to take a taxi. Suddenly, almost automagically, the card drivers became the noble ones and the pedestrians were a bunch of morons that should be plowed with the taxi.
Seinfeld had a routine: when the animal show is about antelopes, lions are the villains, and you scream at the antelopes, "Run! Run!". But the week after when the episode is about lions, you scream at the lions, "Get that antelope! Get him!"

Likes WWGD
  • #1,867
Some months later, I will retire and am planning to raise cattle and bees to get honey. uhmm I think this is today a lucrative business too. :-p

• #1,868
zoobyshoe said:
Seinfeld had a routine: when the animal show is about antelopes, lions are the villains, and you scream at the antelopes, "Run! Run!". But the week after when the episode is about lions, you scream at the lions, "Get that antelope! Get him!"

Isn't Seinfeld a sort of (post) modern bible? I imagine man may have related the issue to some bible passage, e.g., Corinthians 12:13 1/4 (made up).
But today , one makes reference to episodes of Seinfeld instead.

• #1,869
Lisa! said:
What's that? Lion or leopard?:blushing:

23w1g85.jpg

Lion. (and a monkey) :smile:

Likes Silicon Waffle and Lisa!
  • #1,870
Seems like the latest thing in fashion is the pony tail or bun on top of the head/hair and not behind it ( the side opposite the face).

• #1,871
To Help US Veterans Charity, George W. Bush Charged $100,000
http://news.yahoo.com/help-us-veterans-charity-george-w-bush-charged-225504539.html

?:)

• #1,872
He played the key role in the engagement of wars in the Middle East. Now he becomes more famous and known with his generosity.
The charity, which helps to provide specially-adapted homes for veterans who lost limbs and suffered other severe injuries in “the war on terror in Iraq and Afghanistan,”...
I think it's reasonable for him to pay such a sum of money to help veterans who actually need more than just that.

• #1,873
Silicon Waffle said:
He played the key role in the engagement of wars in the Middle East. Now he becomes more famous and known with his generosity.

I think it's reasonable for him to pay such a sum of money to help veterans who actually need more than just that.

I think you have misinterpreted, who paid whom.

• #1,874
Silicon Waffle said:

Many veterans are veterans "thanks" to Bush

• #1,875
"Maybe you should get outta here. Steelin' other people's women."

"She never loved you."

"That's a CROCK!" (Draws pistol)

• #1,876
$7.49 for a full, cooked chicken, not so bad of a deal; got two meals out of it, making sandwiches. Only extra expense was some tomato, some mayo and a few mushrooms I cooked. Definitely cheaper than eating out, at least at most places.

• #1,877
WWGD said:
$7.49 for a full, cooked chicken...
They're $4.99 here. The screwed up thing is that a dozen eggs is $3.50. If I went to a cooked chicken farm they'd probably want $20 for a live chicken. Can't be gettin' those eggs for cheap.

• #1,878
zoobyshoe said:
They're $4.99 here. The screwed up thing is that a dozen eggs is $3.50. If I went to a cooked chicken farm they'd probably want $20 for a live chicken. Can't be gettin' those eggs for cheap.

Maybe I should try a different market here. Ripoff!

• #1,879
WWGD said:
A magical turnaround: I was walking in a hurry to meet someone and I had to cross some busy streets. I perceived the cars, drivers as morons, enemies to be beaten. Then I got lost and I had to take a taxi. Suddenly, while riding in the taxi, almost automagically, the card drivers became the noble ones and the pedestrians were a bunch of morons that should be plowed with the taxi.

classic 1950 study of the phenomenon

Likes Silicon Waffle and dlgoff
  • #1,880
I enjoy Mysteries at the Museum, but they do something very irritating: each story is broken into two parts by a commercial. When the commercial is over, they spend about 5 minutes recapping everything we just saw before the commercial, as if everyone watching is so stupid they have to be reminded what they just saw.

Likes Silicon Waffle
  • #1,881
Went on looking for the "Choice Restaurant" , at the address someone gave me, but no luck finding it, looking around for around 50 minutes. I gave up, heading back home along the same area, and then I suddenly saw a sign for... "Choi's Restaurant".

Likes atyy
  • #1,882
WWGD said:
Went on looking for the "Choice Restaurant" , at the address someone gave me, but no luck finding it, looking around for around 50 minutes. I gave up, heading back home along the same area, and then I suddenly saw a sign for... "Choi's Restaurant".
Yes, "choi" is a Chinese term meaning "confused foreigner."

• #1,883
zoobyshoe said:
Yes, "choi" is a Chinese term meaning "confused foreigner."
At least it was pretty good. I have become "Pro Choi's" .

I challenge everyone to come up with a worse pun.

Likes atyy, Silicon Waffle, lisab and 1 other person
  • #1,884
WWGD said:
I challenge everyone to come up with a worse pun.
I am afraid that is impossible, but then again I am preaching to the choir.

Likes collinsmark and Silicon Waffle
  • #1,885
Enigman said:
I am afraid that is impossible, but then again I am preaching to the choir.

Didn't you mean preaching to the "Choi'r"?

Likes atyy and zoobyshoe
  • #1,887
WWGD said:
Didn't you mean preaching to the "Choi'r"?
Absolutely not. That would make it a mildly imaginative pun rather than a bad one.

Likes Silicon Waffle
  • #1,888
Guy parks outside Starbuck's tonight in a brand new car, pulls out his laptop, and sits there a half hour stealing their Wi-Fi. He did not strike me as someone who couldn't afford to go in and buy a drink.

Likes Silicon Waffle
  • #1,889
:frown:

• #1,890
Nurturing those innate passions, even undeveloped, provides a peace unmatched.