Random Thoughts Part 4 - Split Thread

In summary, Danger has a small crush on Swedish TV, and thinks that the russians are bad arses. He also mentions that taking a math class at 8:00 isdestructive.
  • #1,961
Zooby don't forget your oil today!

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,962
Yes, don't forget your Zooby Lube. :oldtongue:

Likes lisab
  • #1,963
you reminded me to take my oil, lol.

my new diet consists of:

a blender full of:
1 banana
3 cups water
3 cups milk
dextrose(fiber powder) about 4 tablespoons
one met-rx packet

10 mg dhea
one fish, flax & borage oil cap for omega 3,6 & 9

and a under 500 cal dinner

various teas and diet sodas sometimes

pickles or a sunbelt raspberry multigrain bar when I'm feeling like a snack

last time I checked (two months ago) I had lost 9 pounds :woot:

• #1,964
"Sharpness is in the body of the beholder", said the castle guard who took an arrow on his duty.

• #1,965
JorisL said:
Zooby don't forget your oil today!
Borg said:
Yes, don't forget your Zooby Lube. :oldtongue:
Mission accomplished! My oil is changed!

• #1,966
I have noticed a pattern on PF. It seems that the more I post in different threads, the more alerts I have. Still investigating the cause for this...

• #1,967
Borg said:
I have noticed a pattern on PF. It seems that the more I post in different threads, the more alerts I have. Still investigating the cause for this...
Spooky!

• #1,968
Harry Potter turned 35 today. As for me, turning twenty on a blue moon was quite interesting.

Likes lisab
  • #1,969
When I listen to a song in a public place, it seems the people there are part of a video for the song .

• #1,970
The gimbal holder for my web cam broke last week. I figured I would see if there were any ideas on the internet for fixing it. I did find enough to give me an idea. I drilled a hole through a brass gas cap for the gimbal to fit through. Inside the cap is a couple of washers to hold it in place and a thin piece of cork for friction. It's not pretty but it works great. :oldruck: :oldbiggrin:

DSC_7552.JPG

• #1,971
Borg said:
It's not pretty but it works great.
Good hack!

Are you using it to spy on things outside the window?

Likes Borg
  • #1,972
Scared the hell out of myself. I had left out some food for a few days and ended up with a pretty bad fly problem. So I bought a few
packs of fly paper ( basically a piece of material with glue in it so that flies get trapped in it *), and placed it around the apartment.
One night, I woke up groggy and walked towards the door. I ended up ensnared with the fly paper, which I thought , being groggy, was a
person trying to attack me and I started "fighting back" (I won) . Good thing I did not have a camera like Borg's filming it , I would have looked ridiculous, as a sort of Quijote, fighting. against fly paper instead of windmills.
* It does not affect Jeff Goldblum, tho.

Likes collinsmark
  • #1,973
WWGD said:
Scared the hell out of myself. I had left out some food for a few days and ended up with a pretty bad fly problem. So I bought a few
packs of fly paper ( basically a piece of material with glue in it so that flies get trapped in it *), and placed it around the apartment.
One night, I woke up groggy and walked towards the door. I ended up ensnared with the fly paper, which I thought , being groggy, was a
person trying to attack me and I started "fighting back" (I won) . Good thing I did not have a camera like Borg's filming it , I would have looked ridiculous, as a sort of Quijote, fighting. against fly paper instead of windmills.
There is a little known, Tarantino-esque, film from way back in 1997 called Flypaper.

Flypaper is a 1997 crime feature film staring Craig Sheffer, Robert Loggia, Sadie Frost, Talisa Soto and Lucy Liu. It was written and directed by Klaus Hoch.

Greed, lust and fate bring together a motley collection of oddballs and lowlifes for some rather sticky situations in Hoch's twisted neo-noir debut. Three separate but interconnected stories, all set on a deceptively sunny day in California and centered on one million dollars in cash, inspire Hoch's quirky characters to commit acts both devious and depraved in an attempt to make the big score.

This doesn't have much to do with your post, however.

• #1,974
Enigman said:
Harry Potter turned 35 today. As for me, turning twenty on a blue moon was quite interesting.
It is probably better than turning blue on a twenty moon.

Likes Enigman and PWiz
  • #1,975
zoobyshoe said:
It is probably better than turning blue on a twenty moon.
Oh, unimaginably better. Especially since I had a lot of blue to look at.

IMG_2470.jpg

IMG_2448.jpg

Likes Borg
  • #1,976
zoobyshoe said:
Good hack!

Are you using it to spy on things outside the window?
Thanks. It's pointed at a neighborhood common area that gets a decent amount of foot traffic.

• #1,978
Finally tried a couple of things that had been intriguing me: bubble tea and this Argentinian drink Mate ( pronunciation: emphasis on the e ). Both pretty good. Next will be going to a Canadian restaurant and an Australian restaurant I saw, which seemed affordable. Just curious to see what they serve.

• #1,979
WWGD said:
Mate ( pronunciation: emphasis on the e ).
Are you sure? I think it's supposed to be two syllables, but emphasis on the first syllable: MAH-te. Emphasis on the second syllable: mah-TE, would mean, "I killed.":

Both the spellings "mate" and "maté" are used in English.[6][7][8] An acute accent in Spanish indicates the stressed syllable in a word; an accent on the "e" sometimes seen in English is a hypercorrection used to indicate that the word and its pronunciation are distinct from the English word "mate". As the Yerba Mate Association of the Americas points out, with the accent the word "maté" in Spanish means "I killed".[9]

• #1,980
Enigman said:

Happy belated Birthday, E-man!

• #1,981
https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/plancks-constant-is-an-energy-constant.826014/

An amusing read.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #1,982
It is my 300th unbirthday today for this year and i have run out of ways to celebrate, any suggestions?

Last edited:
  • #1,983
wolram said:
It is my 300th unbirthday today for this year and i have run out of ways to celebrate, any suggestions?
What does that mean?

• #1,984
HomogenousCow said:
What does that mean?

If you were not born on leap day, you have four birthdays and 1457 unbirthdays every four years.

If you were born on leap day, then you have one birthday and 1460 unbirthdays every four years.

Likes Silicon Waffle
  • #1,985
lisab said:
If you were not born on leap day, you have four birthdays and 1457 unbirthdays every four years.

If you were born on leap day, then you have one birthday and 1460 unbirthdays every four years.
I thought an "unbirthday" was that day exactly six months from your birthday. The rest of the days of the years would be "non-birthdays."

• #1,986
No, an 'Unbirthday' is what goes on in one of those multiverses with different rules.
Everyone gets younger and then you eventually are absorbed by your mother.

• #1,987
rootone said:
No, an 'Unbirthday' is what goes on in one of those multiverses with different rules.
My reaction: unbelief.

• #1,988
:oldsmile: Please send a man with the right tool to finish the job and satisfy my wife.

• #1,989
I read a 400 page novel today. I got it out of the library about noon and finished it a couple hours ago. That kinda bothers me. I wish they would last longer.

• #1,990
11817265_699300933547932_4261557127738124472_n.jpg

Likes Borg and OmCheeto
  • #1,991
Strange, it seems most strings you can form in a language are nonsense. I went with a group to an Italian restaurant and I was trying to impress them with my ( actually non-existing ) knowledge of Italian food other than pizza or pasta. So I made up some Italian -sounding foods and got no "hits" : how about some Sprotzzini? And Vavgagazzi? Cortemi? Fuallucci? Vernumilli? Brogemmi? None an Italian dish, not even an actual Italian word. Kind of difficult to count all "reasonable" strings of letters to figure out the percent of these strings that are actual words (meaning divide count of words in Italian dictionary by total number of strings). Wonder if the same is the case in different languages.

• #1,992
rootone said:
And you give people presents? But how do you know whom to give presents? How to figure out who came to your unparty?

• #1,993
:biggrin:

• #1,995
The article's writer's name attracts me most. :DD