Random Thoughts Part 4 - Split Thread

In summary, Danger has a small crush on Swedish TV, and thinks that the russians are bad arses. He also mentions that taking a math class at 8:00 isdestructive.
  • #2,556
Silicon Waffle said:
:H << morning yawn!

Hows your breath this morning, SW? Is it kissable?

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2,557
DiracPool said:
Hows your breath this morning, SW? Is it kissable?
Of course, if you want to kiss her. :DD Beauty is as always in the eyes of the beholders.
I found this by the way.
[...]“Everyone has morning breath to some degree,” says Sally J. Cram, DDS, a periodontist in the Washington, D.C., area and a consumer adviser for the American Dental Association. Here’s the simple reason why: When you sleep, your mouth dries out. When your mouth dries out, odor-producing bacteria proliferate. “When you sleep, your normal flow of saliva decreases,” Dr. Cram explains. “That’s why your breath can be worse in the morning.”[...]

• #2,558
Silicon Waffle said:
Of course, if you want to kiss her. :DD Beauty is as always in the eyes of the beholders.
I found this by the way.

Strange, I thought bacteria would die in a dry environment. I thought microorganisms generally did.

• #2,559
Silicon Waffle said:
I found this by the way.

I find your clinical analysis of morning breath and the bacteria that cause it very romantic, SW, big kisses :kiss:

Likes Silicon Waffle
  • #2,560
DiracPool said:
I find your clinical analysis of morning breath and the bacteria that cause it very romantic, SW, big kisses :kiss:
I would only want you to do it for real, not via web portal pages or phones or cameras.
WWGD said:
Strange, I thought bacteria would die in a dry environment. I thought microorganisms generally did.
There are always cold-loving psychrophiles and heat-loving thermophiles in nature.
And when E.coli could survive in a dry environment, they could do more harms than most of us can imagine.
And I think men love wet and warm conditions. o0)

• #2,561
Addendum to my post #2552 above:

According to the article I posted: http://www.fastcompany.com/3046376/tech-forecast/oculus-rifts-pc-requirements-are-virtual-realitys-achilles-heel

You need an Intel Core i5 4590 or better to run the new VR technology. So how does my cheap FX630 6-core hold up to this? Well, it's comparable to the i5 in most respects but has half the performance at the "single-core" use level:

http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/359/AMD_FX-Series_FX-6300_vs_Intel_Core_i5_i5-3450.html

Is that going to be a problem? IDK. One of the beneficial features of the FX series is that the overclock multiplier is unlocked on all versions. So maybe I can get excited again to do some more overclocking to get the Rift to work. Who knows. At $109 bucks, though, the FX630 is a screaming deal, in my opinion. I just had to have it.

• #2,562
I did not use wisely-enough the good chunk of free time I recently had.

• #2,563
Despite my gripes about Minisoft and its products, Word is a pretty good piece of software.

• #2,564
No, it really isn't :/ With texlive you can do anything, with word you have to first google and find out whether what you want to do can be done in word in the first place ^^

• #2,565
Season 2 of Fargo premieres tonight. Last season was sublime. However, the main character, brilliantly, brilliantly, played by Martin Freeman, met an untimely demise in the final episode. I can't imagine season 2 being as good.

• #2,566
zoobyshoe said:
Season 2 of Fargo premieres tonight. Last season was sublime. However, the main character, brilliantly, brilliantly, played by Martin Freeman, met an untimely demise in the final episode. I can't imagine season 2 being as good.

Well, I've just recently discovered that "Dr. Who" gets knocked off every couple of years, and brilliant actors seem to materialize, to take his place.
So, hang in there.

• #2,567
zoobyshoe said:

Thanks for the spoiler alert--Martin Freeman dies at the end, huh? :cool:

Fortunately, I looked up the series on Netflix and they don't carry it so I won't be watching it anyway. I already got hooked on "Blue Bloods" and watched all 5 seasons twice and wasted enough time watching situation dramas. Hopefully I'll forget that Martin Freeman dies by the time Netflix picks up Fargo.

• #2,568
OmCheeto said:
Well, I've just recently discovered that "Dr. Who" gets knocked off every couple of years, and brilliant actors seem to materialize, to take his place.
So, hang in there.
It's not the kind of show where a person can come back to life.

Regardless, the plot of the TV series had nothing to do with the movie that inspired it. All it retained was the rural Minnesota/Dakota setting, and the same sort of dilemma, which is wolf-like sociopaths inserting themselves into the lives of the innocent locals. So, they have derived a kind of formula that can be varied to fit a different ensemble cast for as many seasons as the audience stays interested.

• #2,569
zoobyshoe said:
All it retained was the rural Minnesota/Dakota setting

I certainly hope so if they named the series "Fargo." o0)

• #2,570
DiracPool said:
Thanks for the spoiler alert--Martin Freeman dies at the end, huh? :cool:
It's not much of a spoiler. Once you get the sense of the character you can see it coming a mile away. In fact, I was amazed at how long he ended up lasting.

• #2,571
DiracPool said:
I certainly hope so if they named the series "Fargo." o0)
Thing is, it doesn't take place in Fargo.

• #2,574
nuuskur said:
No, it really isn't :/ With texlive you can do anything, with word you have to first google and find out whether what you want to do can be done in word in the first place ^^
Well, it does a lot of things pretty well for my on-so-superspecialized needs.

• #2,575
Aiming to see " The Walk" soon. No spoilers, please.

• #2,576
WWGD said:

Jeez, a post framed in that manner begs to get a spoiler. Lucky for you I haven't seen the film. But it's a true story and you can look up the conclusion probably in Wikipedia.

There's actually a really good documentary on it I think Netflix has it. It's called the wire, or something

• #2,577
WWGD said:
Lester Nygaard dies in the last episode. Sorry.

• #2,578
DiracPool said:
Jeez, a post framed in that manner begs to get a spoiler. Lucky for you I haven't seen the film. But it's a true story and you can look up the conclusion probably in Wikipedia.
Just addressing a recent set of posts.

• #2,579
zoobyshoe said:
Lester Nygaard dies in the last episode. Sorry.

So is that how Lester died? He fell off the wire between the two World trade center towers?

• #2,580
DiracPool said:
So is that how Lester died? He fell off the wire between the two World trade center towers?
Yes, but you guessed right, so it's on you.

• #2,581
zoobyshoe said:
Yes, but you guessed right, so it's on you.

Oh, no you don't. I'm not taking responsibility for that

• #2,582
DiracPool said:

There's actually a really good documentary on it I think Netflix has it. It's called the wire, or something

I did a similar scene, at a height of around a foot and a half, wolking over fatter pipes. Not as easy as it seems.

• #2,583
WWGD said:
I did a similar scene, at a height of around a foot and a half. Not as easy as it seems.

A foot and a half is no joke, you can break an ankle at that height, not to mention a fingernail!

• #2,584
DiracPool said:
A foot and a half is no joke, you can break an ankle at that height, not to mention a fingernail!
I should have said half-a-foot, over a collection of fluffy pillows.

• #2,585
WWGD said:
I should have said half-a-foot, over a collection of fluffy pillows.

I do admire your careful pre-planning, I must say

• #2,586
Nightly news shows seem like such an anachronism. Who needs to watch news hen they have an internet connection?

• #2,587
Former " Married With Children"'s Ed O'Neill seems to have aged precipitously.

• #2,588
zoobyshoe said:
It is highly improbable Lester Nygaard will be returning from the dead.
I spoke too soon. Season 2 is a prequel that takes place in 1979. Lester may well show up as a kid. Some of the other characters have.

• #2,589
zoobyshoe said:
It's not the kind of show where a person can come back to life.

zoobyshoe said:
I spoke too soon. Season 2 is a prequel that takes place in 1979. Lester may well show up as a kid. Some of the other characters have.

I don't know what to believe anymore Zoobs. You seemed so confident an hour ago just to have it all collapse.

• #2,590
I'm a member of "Massage Envy" I'm not going to tell you the exact location because I don't want you to track me down...

http://www.massageenvy.com/clinics/WA/Tacoma.aspx

But I highly recommend getting a membership if there's one in your area. It's $59 a month for the membership. What you get is one 1-hour massage a month plus a discounted rate on another massage(s) and special pampering treatments like sugar footrubs, if that's your thing (and I like to be pampered :biggrin:).

At the clinic I go to, they got this girl named "jaqueline," She's the deep tissue mistress. I have an appointment with her on Thursday.

She doesn't F%^$ around. Get's straight to the point, whether you're ready for it or not. She does her thing, smacks you in the ass and throws a cooling pad at you as you're walking out the door. But you're glad to have it.

The main point is that I think it's really important to have a professional "human touch" in your life. And that specifically means NOT your girlfriend or spouse. It means an objective human caring (clinical) touch that is freed of any emotional entanglements. It's not a sexual thing, it's something else, something that I think the appreciation of may come with age and a little wisdom.