Random Thoughts Part 4 - Split Thread

In summary, Danger has a small crush on Swedish TV, and thinks that the russians are bad arses. He also mentions that taking a math class at 8:00 isdestructive.
  • #2,836
Real life X-Files for you, Zoobie.

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2,837
WWGD said:
Real life X-Files for you, Zoobie.
Yeah. I'm trying to think what's good against the blue-green zombie virus.

• #2,838
Spinnor said:
I think I remember reading or hearing an interview where the guitarist for Pink Floyd said his fingers got all mixed up trying to playing fast. Maybe fast is not your thing. With all that practice you can probably do some great covers though.
Lookie lookie, I just hit that tempo! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
IMO Pink Floyd makes pretty slow music

• #2,840
wolram said:
I do not think so, man on man or woman on woman is just so gross?:)
It's ok, you can go with man on woman, ohh woman on man then. :wink:

• #2,841
WWGD said:
Well, outside of an extreme situation of being chronically depressed/drunk/in drugs etc. , why would a man have sex with a man if not out of attraction?
What's next, I don't define a murderer by the fact that s/he kills people? I don't call someone rich just because they have a lot of money? (Again, excluding exceptional cases). Post-modernism and Relativism on steroids.
How _do_ you define it then?
Yes it's bisexual to me then. Maybe many straight men just gets unbalanced between 2 attracting targets and their favorite choice of one side over the other at some point in their lifetime can not be used to define their actual orientation or sexuality.

• #2,842
PWiz said:
Lookie lookie, I just hit that tempo! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
IMO Pink Floyd makes pretty slow music

Slow, good,

Fast, good also,

Likes PWiz and Silicon Waffle
  • #2,844
5277292484_4505c5cb6e.jpg

Likes lisab, PWiz, nuuskur and 1 other person
  • #2,845
Oh boy, that Fargo was gosh darn good tonight.

• #2,846
Just got back from a looooong dentist appointment. I've started the process of replacing all the fillings I got when I was a kid.

I'm uncomfortably numb and I have a feeling every time I move my mouth, I'm probably biting my cheek and/or tongue :oldeek:

• #2,847
lisab said:
I'm uncomfortably numb ...
I can relate to that. This should help.

Likes lisab and KiggenPig
  • #2,848
dlgoff said:

Saw Roger Waters perform this whole album live, simply amazing!

Likes dlgoff
  • #2,849
KiggenPig said:
Saw Roger Waters perform this whole album live, simply amazing!
Amazing for sure. I've been listing to them since replying to Lisab. :bow:

Edit: For a real treat ...

Last edited:
  • #2,850
dlgoff said:

aaaaw, thanks Don, that helps :approve:.

After the dentist, I went to the eye doctor - first time in many years! And I mean *many* years, like 10 or so. I wanted to get a thorough check-up, because my dad has gone blind from macular degeneration.

The doc gave me a once, twice, thrice-over and declared my eyes healthy. But she had to dilate my pupils to do the exam.

I spent the afternoon with a drooping mouth, cheek chewed up like hamburger, drooling, a bit loopy from the nitrous (my hands feel like two balloons), eyes dilated so much you couldn't see the blue. And strangely cold...couldn't get the chill out of my bones for the longest time.

But I'm STILL the biggest fan of modern medicine ever!

• #2,851
lisab said:
a bit loopy from the nitrous
I am surprised to hear they used nitrous on you. I have never been offered nitrous despite billions of visits to the dentist, so I assumed it just wasn't used anymore.

• #2,852
lisab said:
Not me. I worked for a hospital, and was very suspect when they changed the name from "Family Practice" to "Family Medicine".
IMHO, they are still practicing on us.

ps. Thanks for the reminder. I'm still not on Obummercare, and I just found out the penalty is tripling this year. Eek! I guess I'll have to sign up next year, as it doubles the year after that.
pps. Fortunately, Wolram serendipitously pointed out that I'm paying $300 too much for garbage service, so I should be ok. :smile:
ppps. Hey! We're 3 of the members of the "PF Post Card Club". Do you remember that? :biggrin:

[edit] +1 for looking up how to spell serendipitously. -1000 for not knowing how to spell "postcard", after being a mailroom clerk for 30 years, and a philatelist for 48. It's no wonder the only badge I ever get is "that funny guy"... :oldcry:

Last edited:
Likes Silicon Waffle
  • #2,853
For some reason, I have never seen the film Jerry Mcguire. I just saw the first 5 minutes and I think it was the most boring first 5 minutes of any film I've ever seen. It shall remain unwatched.

Likes DennisN and Silicon Waffle
  • #2,854
zoobyshoe said:
For some reason, I have never seen the film Jerry Mcguire. I just saw the first 5 minutes and I think it was the most boring first 5 minutes of any film I've ever seen. It shall remain unwatched.
Why don't you watch the whole film in 24-or-so easy yearly installments of 5 minutes? You should be done by 2039. I heard the 7th installment is amazing.

Likes Silicon Waffle
  • #2,855
lisab said:
But she had to dilate my pupils to do the exam.

... dilated so much you couldn't see the blue.
I'm guessing it was a cloudy day or you'd be complaining. :olduhh:

• #2,856
lisab said:
aaaaw, thanks Don, that helps :approve:.

After the dentist, I went to the eye doctor - first time in many years! And I mean *many* years, like 10 or so. I wanted to get a thorough check-up, because my dad has gone blind from macular degeneration.

The doc gave me a once, twice, thrice-over and declared my eyes healthy. But she had to dilate my pupils to do the exam.

I spent the afternoon with a drooping mouth, cheek chewed up like hamburger, drooling, a bit loopy from the nitrous (my hands feel like two balloons), eyes dilated so much you couldn't see the blue. And strangely cold...couldn't get the chill out of my bones for the longest time.

I am reading this and eating breakfast at the same time, i nearly choked with laughter:biggrin: poor lisab, i am going for my hip operation on Friday so you can have a laugh at me.
i just do not know how i am going to manage.

• #2,857
wolram said:
I am reading this and eating breakfast at the same time, i nearly choked with laughter:biggrin: poor lisab, i am going for my hip operation on Friday so you can have a laugh at me.
i just do not know how i am going to manage.
Good luck with the operation. Work hard on the physical therapy that they give you and you should recover quickly. 'Quickly' being a few months of course.

• #2,858
Happy Veterans Day. Thanks to all of you who have served! :woot:

Likes dlgoff and Silicon Waffle
  • #2,859
Borg said:
Including waiters/waitresses? Or just vets (veterinarians)?

• #2,860
Borg said:
Glad to learn that there are actually old VIP soldiers around. I am excited while waiting for them to teach me shootings, oh "Hey Freeze! hands up, turn around... put your hands behind your head!...Lie down on the floor NOW...Oh yeah"

• #2,861
Silicon Waffle said:
Glad to learn that there are actually old VIP soldiers around. I am excited while waiting for them to teach me shootings, oh "Hey Freeze! hands up, turn around... put your hands behind your head!...Lie down on the floor NOW...Oh yeah"
That's the old army. The new one just shouts " Put your hands in the air, like you just don't care" which is confusing, since if you did not care you would most likely just do nothing.

• #2,862
Borg said:
You're welcome. And thank you, for the thanks. :smile:

Back when I had a job, I always thought it was funny that so many people got the day off, but veterans didn't. Me anyways.
On my last year of employment, a law was passed in my state that said that vets could have the day off. With restrictions, of course.
My boss was so freaked out, he refused to let me have the day off. :mad:
He cited to me, the restrictions clause. There was one other veteran in the department, and were we both to take the day off, the department would apparently collapse into chaos. :confused:
So I conspired with my co-vet, and talked him into not taking the day off.

I got the day off. :smile:

But now, I have every day off.
And I've heard that I can get a free breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinners, at various restaurants.
Given that I can find my DD 214. :nb)
I don't think I'll be getting a free lunch today. :H

But, that's ok, as I can still afford lunch. :smile:

Likes Borg
  • #2,863
OmCheeto said:
And I've heard that I can get a free breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinners, at various restaurants.
Er mehr gerd.
I need to find that document, quickly...

Freebies in Goonieland: 25 freebies for Oregon veterans on Veterans Day 2015

Fellow vets, please check your local listings.

Free Pizza!
And a free oil change? Yes! (Just because I've changed my own oil for the last 40 years, does not mean I really like it...)
And a free hair cut? Good god I need a hair cut.
:biggrin:

• #2,864
zoobyshoe said:
:smile: After a couple of my friends had insisted that "The Da Vinci Code" was a pretty entertaining movie, I finally decided to give it a try... I had to see it in three parts on three different occasions... Why? Because I fell asleep twice while watching it (it's true).

• #2,865
DennisN said:
:smile: After a couple of my friends had insisted that "The Da Vinci Code" was a pretty entertaining movie, I finally decided to give it a try... I had to see it in three parts on three different occasions... Why? Because I fell asleep twice while watching it (it's true).
I could not watch The Da Vinci code. So much garbage and nonsense, just could not do it.

• #2,866
Evo said:
I could not watch The Da Vinci code. So much garbage and nonsense, just could not do it.
There seems to be this notion in Hollywood, maybe generally among many directors, that films that are historically or scientifically accurate cannot be entertaining.

• #2,867
WWGD said:
There seems to be this notion in Hollywood, maybe generally among many directors, that films that are historically or scientifically accurate cannot be entertaining.
I think you are right. Conspiracy is really big right now. Hidden knowledge.

• #2,868
WWGD said:
If Jerry Maguire had been scientifically and historically accurate, I would never have been bored.

• #2,869
zoobyshoe said:
If Jerry Maguire had been scientifically and historically accurate, I would never have been bored.
You would have really seen the money?

• #2,870
Evo said:
Yes :), it's remarkably and utterly far-fetched. But also incredibly tiresome, IMO. Like a box of sleeping pills.

Likes Evo