Random Thoughts Part 4 - Split Thread

In summary, Danger has a small crush on Swedish TV, and thinks that the russians are bad arses. He also mentions that taking a math class at 8:00 isdestructive.
  • #2,871
zoobyshoe said:
If Jerry Maguire had been scientifically and historically accurate, I would never have been bored.
?

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2,872
zoobyshoe said:
If Jerry Maguire had been scientifically and historically accurate, I would never have been bored.
Let it go!
There is no gay gene.

• #2,873
Speaking of movies, last night I caught the end of some action film. People were fighting on a big cargo plane that was taking off. Some vehicles were chasing the plane trying to stop it, and they had attached themselves to it with spearguns and cables to weigh it down. So, the fight inside the plane went on endlessly with no ultimate victors, and there was a separate fight connected with the vehicles that were attached to the plane. The minutes wore on and on, and the plane kept going, trying to take off. The incident seemed to stretch out to 20 minutes. The runway must have been hundreds of miles long.

Likes Silicon Waffle
  • #2,874
I have a bunch of annoyances in my heart, but I call them up here. :biggrin:
The past is the past. I don't expect to be annoyed again with any of such thoughts. What I "declined" to receive should never be "introduced" again, it will bring up the past, it did actually. I think angers stir or heat up everything in our brain.

Please don't introduce me next regimes! I believe in my fate when I see no way out! :-p

• #2,875
zoobyshoe said:
The minutes wore on and on, and the plane kept going, trying to take off. The incident seemed to stretch out to 20 minutes. The runway must have been hundreds of miles long.
Reminds me of a scene in Dragon Ball Z when a planet was supposed to blow up in 5 minutes but actually ends up taking 10 episodes before finally going Kaboom. Some pretty serious gravitational time dilation on that planet, eh?

Btw, can anyone recommend some great
thriller/mystery/detective books? I urgently need to satisfy these cravings of mine to preserve my sanity.

• #2,876
Welcome to Friday the 13th. I guess it will be a while until the next one.

• #2,877
WWGD said:
Welcome to Friday the 13th. I guess it will be a while until the next one.
Why WWGD, just why couldn't you wait for the day to pass before posting this :H:cry:

• #2,878
PWiz said:
Why WWGD, just why couldn't you wait for the day to pass before posting this :H:cry:
Ok, sorry, maybe it would help to know that in some countries it is Tuesday the 13th and not Friday the 13th.

• #2,879
WWGD said:
Ok, sorry, maybe it would help to know that in some countries it is Tuesday the 13th and not Friday the 13th.
Ehh??

• #2,880
PWiz said:
Ehh??
Sorry, meant that the days considered "special" are those when Tuesdays fall on the 13th, not when Fridays fall on the 13th.

• #2,881
PWiz said:
Reminds me of a scene in Dragon Ball Z when a planet was supposed to blow up in 5 minutes but actually ends up taking 10 episodes before finally going Kaboom. Some pretty serious gravitational time dilation on that planet, eh?

Btw, can anyone recommend some great
thriller/mystery/detective books? I urgently need to satisfy these cravings of mine to preserve my sanity.
They have to recite their autobiography in each fight, no?

Likes PWiz
  • #2,882
WWGD said:
Sorry, meant that the days considered "special" are those when Tuesdays fall on the 13th, not when Fridays fall on the 13th.
Oh. Never knew about that.

• #2,883
Today I made of new friend on Facebook.
He both claims to work at NASA, and to be from Kashmir.

My knowledge (without googling!) of "Kashmir":
Some region between Pakistan and Afghanistan, where they like to make guns.
A very nice goats wool.
A song by Led Zeppelin.​

This should be interesting. :smile:

Likes fuzzyfelt
  • #2,884
My sister-in-law's daughter's name is Denisse, easy for me to remember.
She is going to have a son in a few months. I am asking here to name him
denefiew. Denisse and Denefiew, easy to remember.

Likes Jonathan Scott
  • #2,885
Ouch, seems like Subway's Jared Fogle will get his footlongs in jail for the next 10 years or so.

• #2,886
WWGD said:
[...]I am asking here to name him
denefiew. Denisse and Denefiew, easy to remember.
I think Denis is more easy to remember.

• #2,887
12249921_1058691544165470_8815697101447079389_n.jpg

Likes DennisN and lisab
  • #2,888
Silicon Waffle said:
I think Denis is more easy to remember.
It's a cheesy joke: niece, nephew--Deniss (The niece), Denefiew ( The nephew). My "comedy" has fallen so low I have to explain my jokes.

Likes Silicon Waffle
  • #2,890
WWGD said:
It's a cheesy joke: niece, nephew--Deniss (The niece), Denefiew ( The nephew). My "comedy" has fallen so low I have to explain my jokes.
If you didn't explain that, I wouldn't understand your joke. Truly, Denis and Denise are 2 very popular names.

• #2,891
Silicon Waffle said:
If you didn't explain that, I wouldn't understand your joke. Truly, Denis and Denise are 2 very popular names.
Let's start making the name "Denefiew" popular.

Likes Silicon Waffle
  • #2,893
The lighter side of Political Scandals - https://screen.yahoo.com/anatomy-political-scandal-210013045.html

Likes DennisN and OmCheeto
  • #2,894
OmCheeto said:
Today I made of new friend on Facebook.
He both claims to work at NASA, and to be from Kashmir.

My knowledge (without googling!) of "Kashmir":
Some region between Pakistan and Afghanistan, where they like to make guns.
A very nice goats wool.
A song by Led Zeppelin.​

This should be interesting. :smile:
Pakistan and India actually.

• #2,895
Here is http://hereistoday.com/.

Likes DennisN and OmCheeto
  • #2,896
Enigman said:
Okay +

• #2,897
Astronuc said:
The lighter side of Political Scandals - https://screen.yahoo.com/anatomy-political-scandal-210013045.html
Come on politicians, chew my gum please.
Enigman said:
I like the short notes of geologic time scales.
Enigman said:
Pakistan and India actually.
Shamed! :DD

• #2,898
So, I'm reading the Wiki article on Louis XV just now, when a character on the TV Show NCIS: New Orleans (playing on TV in the background) launches into a lecture on that same French Monarch. Eerie.

• #2,901
I Have heard a new common (mis)use of the word 'apologize' , like when bus drivers 'apologize' for the traffic
or a phone rep. 'apologizes' for my being upset , meaning, I guess, they regret something is happenning.

• #2,902
WWGD said:
I Have heard a new common (mis)use of the word 'apologize' , like when bus drivers 'apologize' for the traffic
or a phone rep. 'apologizes' for my being upset , meaning, I guess, they regret something is happenning.
That's a heinous bit of misdirection on their part, and I apologize that so many misuse the word like that.

• #2,903
PBS has a few TV shows from England that I like. One is Midsommer Murders, and another is Inspector George Gently. The main lesson we learn from these shows is that England is the land of tiny cars.

• #2,904
zoobyshoe said:
That's a heinous bit of misdirection on their part, and I apologize that so many misuse the word like that.

And I wonder if it may even open up the door for lawsuits under certain situations, since an apology seems to imply an admission of guilt. Say a city employee 'apologizes' for someone tripping in the sidewalk.

• #2,905
zoobyshoe said:
PBS has a few TV shows from England that I like. One is Midsommer Murders, and another is Inspector George Gently. The main lesson we learn from these shows is that England is the land of tiny cars.
EDIT: And ghastly teeth. Maybe the car thing is because 'petrol' is expensive as #$ in there? Wouldn't think so, since UK produces its own oil in the North Sea. Still, it is kind of nice to have one of those Mini Coopers, feeling like you can put it in your back pack.