Random Thoughts Part 5: Time to Split Again

In summary, the conversation revolved around various topics such as dreams, different numbering systems, and education in different countries. The participants shared personal experiences, opinions, and debated about the merits of different theories. The conversation also included a discussion about a book and a recipe.
zoobyshoe said:
'Tribe' what?
trite tripe tribe - Neapolitans

Physics news on Phys.org
fresh_42 said:
trite tripe tribe - Neapolitans

Contrite trite tripe tribe to describe--?

Last edited:
nuuskur said:
word play, he mean't venomous :)
I don't know the difference between the two, I will look it up.

WWGD said:

I can dribe ... fifty-fibe !

WWGD said:
trite tripe tribe's tidbit

WWGD said:
I don't know the difference between the two, I will look it up.

You shouldn't bite a poisonous creature and shouldn't get bitten by a venomous one

Likes Sophia
JorisL said:
You shouldn't bite a poisonous creature and shouldn't get bitten by a venomous one

Good, I will stop biting creatures other than dead cows, chicken etc., and will avoid being bitten in general :).

Last edited:
JorisL said:
It's not a good idea to be bitten by a poisonous creature, either. The puffer fish, for instance, can and will, take a little chunk of flesh out of a person.

The raccoon dog is cool.

Is it group by or having? I know it is not that hard, but for some reason it just does not register in my mind.

Will the next level do the job for me? Definitely hoping for a YES.

zoobyshoe said:
Now you both should look up the definition of "tripe" so you don't get it confused with "trite."
Sorry I'd rather try marijuana trip :-)

Likes fresh_42
WWGD said:
Is it group by or having? I know it is not that hard, but for some reason it just does not register in my mind.
I know only of 'group by'. However it might depend on the SQL implementation of the data server. SQL isn't an absolute standard AFAIK. I've seen slightly different syntax's on different platforms.

Eyeglasses:

When you go to an optometrist or eyeglass vendor, the walls are covered with eyeglass frames for you to try. They all have glass in them. Every time someone buys a pair, that glass is removed and replaced with glass ground to their prescription. The removed glass, which is not ground to a prescription, is never-the-less shaped for a specific frame and can't be just popped into some other frame for display. At the end of the day, any given store must have a little bucket full of unusable, blank lenses.

ஸ்ரீனிவாஸ ராமானுஜன் ஐயங்கார் hasn't had much luck in his life. And what is done today by referring to his summation is really not deserved.

Last edited:
Today while I was walking on the street, a kid somewhere suddenly threw a stone as big as my fingertip at my head right above my ears while playing with his friends. I almost got a coma, and in a great pain. :doh:

I know it IS not the one but why I now also feel a little sad.

Silicon Waffle said:
Today while I was walking on the street, a kid somewhere suddenly threw a stone as big as my fingertip at my head right above my ears while playing with his friends. I almost got a coma, and in a great pain. :doh:
That's awful. :frown: I hope you're okay.

Likes Silicon Waffle
Silicon Waffle said:
Oh, that must have been a shock. Hope that it will be only a bump on your head, nothing more serious.

Likes Silicon Waffle
Silicon Waffle said:
My grandparents once explained me something about dreams like this that somebody not you was using your body in your dream; we shared our bodies with the unknown. They are old and superstitious though. :-p
By the way, I tend to "try"
I have a comment about this, but I am not sure if it is appropriate to post comments. I seem to remember this site from a long time ago, such as it was it now is again, I find myself in contemplative, geneous and sincere thought about the various workings of the universe and the fundamentals at work. I would like to come to be able to talk about these things with anybody that can understand or at least contemplate with me. What I am really good at is listening, I already have my own ambitions for discovery modes, so often I find my questions are common amongst like minded individuals. However, such as I was I am.

I am not our father ... nah jk

Seriously though, I think this place might feel mean to me, in which case I just have to leaf ;) (with my pic come on)

None of that was my comment about dreams, about the dreams I have had, the dreams I have made, the dreams in which I have discovered, conquered, failed, dreams that burn like fire in my memory from childhood throughout adult Life, I have about 6 dreams I remember so vividly all other dreams are forgotten in a sense (and I dare not take inventory on them by counting them alound in my mind), thus far. My original comment was more along the lines to explain how I feel about sharing a dream, or not being in control of them ... and how that relates to some very fundamental forces. But I am scared now, scared that I got booted from this place a decade ago. I am scared to ask people questions. That sucks.

Likes Silicon Waffle
collinsmark said:
That's awful. :frown: I hope you're okay.

I have used a rock as a weapon to defend off attackers more than once. I used to play baseball and could throw a ball upwards of 90 miles per hour as a teen. On two occassions I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and during one of them I honestly believe hitting a man in the head with a rock the size of a golf ball as hard as I could throw it with aim from 10 yards away saved my Life and possibly ended his. I stumbled across something I should not have and my head was called for and i looked at the ground and picked up rocks and gave a warning to leave me alone that I was leaving. I was able to talk it, then I walked it. None of them wanted to take the chance of getting hit like that. It was for me, rather badass after the fact, was I worried that a complete stranger coming to attack me with a baseball bat got hurt ... eh, either way on that one. I only recommend using the rock defense as an out of options state of mind. I also recommend imidiately checking behavior such as rock throwing, that is serious serious stuff. I was a dumb kid and a dumb teen, we did stupid stuff, but we all stopped throwing rocks at people. Also, if a kid got you good it probably means he has a good arm and is discovering what he can do with it. Need to check it right there for the kids sake as well as everybody elses.

Silicon Waffle said:
Noooooooooooo! I hope you get better.

Likes Silicon Waffle
I also doubt that the eyeglass frames for which you pay over a hundred dollars cost more than two or three dollars to manufacture. I would like to find out how much the lenses actually cost them.

Likes Sophia
Silicon Waffle said:
Sorry to hear of your experience; do you think it was a deliberate aim? If it hit with force, it may have been a slingshot.

Once when I was walking from the train station to a high school where I was to teach for a few weeks, as I passed a high apartment block something hurtled down beside me and was pulverised on the pavement. An apple! So I walked a different route after that.

A malevolent twist on "an apple for the teacher"!

Likes Sophia and Silicon Waffle
NascentOxygen said:
Sorry to hear of your experience; do you think it was a deliberate aim? If it hit with force, it may have been a slingshot.

Once when I was walking from the train station to a high school where I was to teach for a few weeks, as I passed a high apartment block something hurtled down beside me and was pulverised on the pavement. An apple! So I walked a different route after that.
My exact thought. To hit the temple of someone cannot be pure casualty. :confused:

Psinter said:
My exact thought. To hit the temple of someone cannot be pure casualty. :confused:
Casualty:
: a person who is hurt or killed during an accident, war, etc.
: a person or thing that is harmed, lost, or destroyed

Likes Sophia and Silicon Waffle
zoobyshoe said:
Casualty:
How do you even... I hate you.

I'm just kidding with you. :smile: The word I was looking for is coincidence. Thanks for showing me. Had you not shown me I would have kept using casualty in stead of coincidence.

Interviewer: So Psinter, how did you learn about these events?
Psinter: Pure casualty.
Interviewer: o_O
Psinter: :cool:

Likes zoobyshoe
Psinter said:
Interviewer: So Psinter, how did you learn about these events?
Psinter: Pure casualty.
Interviewer: o_O
Psinter: :cool:
Exactly!

People think I'm picking on them, when I'm actually trying to save them from a horrible fate.

Likes Psinter, Borg, Sophia and 1 other person
We arent going to finish it soonly enough. Too bad.

I believe I'm becoming addicted to this thread :bow:

I don't know what was wrong with my driver but my monitor acted like a dead cat bouncing down a rough hill.

Last edited:
NascentOxygen said:

A malevolent twist on "an apple for the teacher"!
Seems like a cool HS to teach at :-)

zoobyshoe said:
Casualty:
What? I also thought it means accidentally. I'm not sure if I would use that word but when I read psinter's post it sounded OK :-) Is it possible that this word was used or explained incorrectly in some English textbook that we both used?
Anyway thank you for teaching us this new vocab!
I know I don't use articles a and the properly and will probably never understand when to use them :-) If you see any other terrible grammar or vocab mistake in my posts I'll be grateful if you correct me.

Likes Psinter
Yes, it was coincidence. But I just wanted to show some people what I really felt, and never meant to harass any no matter what the result might turn out to be.
It's cruel of people to have made use of it to lay a bomb on me and an innocent man.

Likes Sophia
t_shirt_size.jpg

Likes OmCheeto, WWGD, Sophia and 1 other person