Random Thoughts Part 5: Time to Split Again

In summary, the conversation revolved around various topics such as dreams, different numbering systems, and education in different countries. The participants shared personal experiences, opinions, and debated about the merits of different theories. The conversation also included a discussion about a book and a recipe.
So who is a psych or a soch here? http://themetapicture.com/sometimes-i-just-think-bad-thoughts/

Or neither of them are? I know that comic is a joke, but you guys scared me. I think I need a sword to protect me. Yeah, I will get a sword to be on the safe side. And a shield.

EDIT: Get away from me psychos! I have a sword and a shield!

Physics news on Phys.org
Borg said:
Mostly for playing Youtube videos and page ads. In Firefox, you can select Tools-> AddOns and set it to "Ask To Activate". That way it won't automatically load for every page that has a Flash ad. That will greatly reduce the crashes.

Thanks , but I don't have Firefox, I have Chrome installed, but it won't start.

WWGD said:
That's different problem then. :smile:
Once you get Chrome fixed, I assume that it has something similar in its settings to be able to avoid auto-loading Flash automatically for every page.

Likes WWGD
WWGD said:
FF is a ram eating monster, chrome solves this by starting in several threads. Maybe there is still a process left which prevents you from restarting it. Check the task manager.

Likes Silicon Waffle, Borg and WWGD
fresh_42 said:
FF is a ram eating monster, chrome solves this by starting in several threads. Maybe there is still a process left which prevents you from restarting it. Check the task manager.
IMO all browsers are ram eating monsters.

fresh_42 said:
Wow, Explorer eats up 962 Megs.

Psinter said:
As I've said. Chrome's splitting at least doesn't cut off a large block. Its dynamics are certainly an improvement, although I don't know exactly how they've organized their threads. In addition Zone Alarm, a free firewall, isn't really compatible with FF because its monitor function starts to get bigger and bigger until everything gets blocked.

Psinter said:
The question then is why ?

Now that I'm on my laptop again. Yes, it's really my JavaScript that is broken!
upload_2016-2-8_17-8-55.png

It says that my JS is turned off or not supported. What the heck? All other sites work normally. Youtube, Physics forums, facebook and everything else is OK. It's just Gmail issue. Going to linux forum...

Sophia said:
View attachment 95519

It says that my JS is turned off or not supported. What the heck? All other sites work normally. Youtube, Physics forums, facebook and everything else is OK. It's just Gmail issue. Going to linux forum...
Are you having this message ? I can't read Slovak.:DD
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/12343?hl=en

Likes Sophia
Silicon Waffle said:
The question then is why ?
Because when I run either of them along with some programming IDE (Android Studio, Eclipse or Visual Studio) I run out of RAM and the computer complains. The IDE can run all fine and there is never a complain, as soon as I fire up a web browser the PC complains because it downgrades my available RAM from 30% to 20% or less.
Sophia said:
No idea what could be happening with your browser Sophie. I can't read it either, but I guess you just have to click where it says the first kiliknite tu to open it using just the HTML version of Gmail. But I don't know why it says your javascript is disabled.

Wait... Ah, I see. Someone installed NoScript on your browser Sophie. Probably it came pre-installed in the OS. You need to tell NoScript to temporarily allow javascript on your browser.

Likes Silicon Waffle and Sophia
Wow Psinter! I disabled NoScript and it works! I disabled it a long time ago but maybe it was automatically upgraded yesterday and it activated itself again?
Something to increase your paranoia
upload_2016-2-8_17-31-19.jpeg

Likes Silicon Waffle and Psinter
Sophia said:
Wow Psinter! I disabled NoScript and it works! I disabled it a long time ago but maybe it was automatically upgraded yesterday and it activated itself again?
Something to increase your paranoia
View attachment 95524
:oldlaugh: Ah, I love that guy!

Psinter said:
:oldlaugh: Ah, I love that guy!
He is >2m tall and can press you with his thumb. :biggrin:

Silicon Waffle said:
He is >2m tall and can press you with his thumb. :biggrin:
My type. :biggrin:

I love my cat, but the accursed feline is leaving hair everywhere. I clean up as much as I can, but hell, one of my sweaters is totally covered in cat hair. Picking it off one by one is tedious, I tried the vacuum cleaner, didn't work too well.

What to do ?

Aha, I saw that kind of thing in Top Shop when I was ...5? lol, never knew what it was called :D

collinsmark said:
When I first read that I immediately thought of The Outsiders. I thought to myself, doesn't Psinter mean greasers or sochs?

Do it for Johnny!
Stay golden :wink:

Likes collinsmark
1oldman2 said:
Stay golden :wink:
That was then this is now :smile:

1oldman2 said:
That was then this is now :smile:
As unusual as it may be, I actually read that book before I read The Outsiders.

nuuskur said:
I love my cat, but the accursed feline is leaving hair everywhere. I clean up as much as I can, but hell, one of my sweaters is totally covered in cat hair. Picking it off one by one is tedious, I tried the vacuum cleaner, didn't work too well.

What to do ?

Hmm... wide sellotape? But it may take a long time and use a lot of tape

collinsmark said:
As unusual as it may be, I actually read that book before I read The Outsiders.
One thing really bugs me is finishing a book and finding out I started in the middle of a series, only thing worse is seeing a movie then realizing I didn't read the book first.

nuuskur said:

What to do ?
When I had cats I was able to gather up enough cat hair to make a whole new cat.

Likes OCR, nuuskur, zoobyshoe and 1 other person
collinsmark said:
I see what you did there. :wink:
I had hoped he would have answered with Hardy's insurance!

Bizarro-in-heaven-without-cell-phones.gif

Likes Sophia, zoobyshoe and Sirsh
45 degrees celcius today! Where's the ice cream at!

Sirsh said:
45 degrees celcius today! Where's the ice cream at!
I guess you're having Summer down there now. We can send you a few pounds of snow from here, send us some sun please.

I had figured out how to do scatterplots in Excel , but forgot. Unfortunately data comes from an Excel file, so I can't tell how to open it and use it somewhere else.

I was watching this major electronic billboard quizzically, looking at the series of 12-digit numbers changing at high speed.
What the hell is it about? After 5 minutes, disappointed, I realized it was just an electronic watch with 12-digit accuracy:
Hours Hours Minutes Minutes Seconds...

Likes Sophia
DennisN said:
Bizarro-in-heaven-without-cell-phones.gif
Lol... OK, I finally got it......:thumbup:

OCR said:
Lol... OK, I finally got it......:thumbup:
I thought it was something vulgar. Projection...?

Likes OCR
The banana trick. Or at least I think it is a trick. Cafes that sell rich or unhealthy foods often have a basket with bananas in it. I think it is in order to appeal to the subconscious guilt of a customer ordering a double cheeseburger with fries. "Well, I am having all this fatty food, maybe a banana will make it better, even if just a bit better".

Last edited: