Thread Killer Champions: Franzbear & Moonbear

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Franzbear is the most prolific thread killer in the forum. He has killed at least 12 threads and is likely responsible for 21 more. His ability to kill threads is not a direct outcome of the evidence (number of last posts). You have to at least factor in the total number of posts by each person (posts in GD) to get a more accurate representation of the killer instinct. Franz and Moonie have so many posts here, they are more likely to be the winning killers. You have to divide the number of kills by the total number of posts during the same period to get a corrected distribution.
  • #2,486
morning thread http://www.spacespider.net/emo/whacky075.gif

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2,487
Ahh another exciting day.

• #2,488
The Bob said:
It has been a while. What is going down in this thread then?
You don't want to know.

cronxeh said:
morning thread http://www.spacespider.net/emo/whacky075.gif
:smile:

mattmns said:
Ahh another exciting day.
That remains to be seen... :rolleyes:

• #2,489
franznietzsche said:
All those of the opinion that moonbear needs to go get a man, immediately, so as to unleash all this pent up enthusiasm, say aye.

AYE

AYE!

Now if someone will just step forward and volunteer. :biggrin:

• #2,490
Danger said:
Plural? Is it forked?

Rubbers...galoshes...y'know, the boots you wear when it rains. :rolleyes: You guys have such dirty minds. o:)

• #2,491
Moonbear said:
AYE!

Now if someone will just step forward and volunteer. :biggrin:
You rang...? :-p

Moonbear said:
Rubbers are required equipment anyway. :approve:
Would you settle for polyurethanes? That last friend was allergic to latex, so I have a few left over. :rolleyes:

• #2,492
Danger said:
Would you settle for polyurethanes? That last friend was allergic to latex, so I have a few left over. :rolleyes:

How do those work out anyway? The polyurethanes I mean. Plenty of guys complain about latex, so what's the rating on polyurethane? More or less comfortable to wear? Do they fit the same? Are they about the same as latex in terms of sensitivity, or better, worse? I've known about them for a while now, but haven't known anyone who tried them (or at least nobody who was willing to share that information).

I only can compare different materials used for gloves from working in the lab (we've tried a variety of different gloves in attempts to get away from using so much latex to minimize the risk of developing an allergy). I haven't liked any of the other materials out there yet. They just don't stretch very well. I think I notice it more than other people because my hands are right between two sizes (I have sort of longish, narrow fingers), so with latex gloves I can usually go with the smaller of two sizes and they stretch to fit comfortably, but with these other materials, the smaller size is too tight and cuts off circulation while the larger size flops off my finger tips so I end up getting my gloves trapped in the caps of vials as I close them, and fun things like that.

So, anyhooo, just wondering. :rolleyes:

• #2,493
Moonbear said:
How do those work out anyway? The polyurethanes I mean.
They take some getting used to. The fit and feel are different because they don't cling like latex. I guess it would be sort of like comparing Saran wrap to grocery bag material. It feels as it they're sliding off at first, even though they're not. They're a lot thinner, though, so sensitivity and heat transfer are way up, and a lot stronger. The major factor against them (up here, at least) is that they cost almost twice as much.

Hah! Faked you out! I don't work until 11:00 Saturdays. :-p

• #2,494
Danger said:
They take some getting used to. The fit and feel are different because they don't cling like latex. I guess it would be sort of like comparing Saran wrap to grocery bag material. It feels as it they're sliding off at first, even though they're not. They're a lot thinner, though, so sensitivity and heat transfer are way up, and a lot stronger. The major factor against them (up here, at least) is that they cost almost twice as much.

I've read they also break more often than latex, so aren't as effective because of that.

Hah! Faked you out! I don't work until 11:00 Saturdays. :-p

:smile: That's okay, I don't have to work today, so I can wait until you leave. :smile:

• #2,495
Moonbear said:
Rubbers...galoshes...y'know, the boots you wear when it rains. :rolleyes: You guys have such dirty minds. o:)
I heard a comic once say that "If women knew what men were thinking, they would never stop slapping us." Yup, that pretty much sums it up.:-p

All the guys are now giggling and thinking, he said "up." :-p

• #2,496
Moonbear said:
I've read they also break more often than latex, so aren't as effective because of that.
I've never heard of that. They are a lot stronger, even though thinner. I've busted a couple of latex, but never one of these. Another thing is that they don't degrade when exposed to oil-based products.

Moonbear said:
:smile: That's okay, I don't have to work today, so I can wait until you leave. :smile:
I have 5 minutes.

edit: Okay, you win. I really didn't think that you could behave yourself for that long. Bye.

Last edited:
  • #2,497
Um, pardon my ignorance, but what is this thread that everyone seems so intent on killing?

• #2,498
Huckleberry said:
Um, pardon my ignorance, but what is this thread that everyone seems so intent on killing?
You wouldn't want to know that. Seriously. This thread weirds and perverts you. For your own sake, stay out of it.

• #2,499
arildno said:
You wouldn't want to know that. Seriously. This thread weirds and perverts you. For your own sake, stay out of it.
Nice work Arildno.

do you think he bought it?

• #2,500
Artman said:
do you think he bought it?
Well, if he didn't, he might end up as me..
So, I guess he ought to buy it, no matter the cost..

• #2,501
We had an entire discussion on Huckleberries back beginning on the bottom of page 13, post 195, I think.

Huckleberry discussion

• #2,502
Ok, now I'm really curious. Like a child, I must know what people say I must not know. What I'm most curious about is, If I were you, then who would be me?

• #2,503
Huckleberry said:
Ok, now I'm really curious. Like a child, I must know what people say I must not know. What I'm most curious about is, If I were you, then who would be me?
Ut oh, huckleberry is hooked. :smile:

• #2,504
It's not my fault. I warned him, didn't I?

• #2,505
Hooked? Comparatively I'm still a newborn deer trying to rise to its hoofs as its mother cleans the placenta off its unsturdy body. I'm still figuring out how this whole thing works. As soon as I figure that out I'll probably go stare down a 18wheeler on the highway.

Huck

• #2,506
Huckleberry said:
Hooked? Comparatively I'm still a newborn deer trying to rise to its hoofs as its mother cleans the placenta off its unsturdy body.
Nah, you fit right in.

Once you get that yucky stuff off of you, that is.

• #2,507
Thanks Artman. That's a compliment right? I hope so. I like the company so far. Now I just have to figure out how you do that cool quote thing. I knew I should have paid more attention in my 5th grade computer class.

Huck

• #2,508
Huckleberry said:
Thanks Artman. That's a compliment right? I hope so. I like the company so far. Now I just have to figure out how you do that cool quote thing. I knew I should have paid more attention in my 5th grade computer class.

Huck
Welcome Huck! This thread is sort of like a disposal. You can discuss any topic, because there is no topic (i.e., this thread cannot be "thread-jacked"). But members also post here to keep the thread from being "killed" as most threads eventually die with a last post from a member (otherwise known as a "thread killer").

If you want to reply to someone, and want to use quotes, etc. select the "advanced" option at the base of the reply box instead of just "quick reply." Then you will see many options for quotes, fonts, etc. above, "smilies" to the right, and spell check at the bottom. I hope this helps. :smile:

• #2,509
Ah, antlike conformity.

• #2,510
Huckleberry said:
Thanks Artman. That's a compliment right? I hope so. I like the company so far.
Yup. Some might not think so, but since you do, you will fit right in. :biggrin:

Welcome to PF, by the way.

Oh, if a guy named Danger comes by with the welcome wagon, just say, "No thanks, I only eat Kosher hot dogs." He should leave you alone then. :biggrin:

• #2,511
Oh and just ignore BicycleTree, we all do. :smile:

• #2,512
Fit in, do what everyone else does.

• #2,513
Huckleberry said:

Afraid the only way to find out is to go back and read all 3773 replies. Hope you don't mind if we don't wait up for you. :-p :biggrin:

Do you guys think it'll work?

• #2,514
Moonbear said:
Afraid the only way to find out is to go back and read all 3773 replies. Hope you don't mind if we don't wait up for you. :-p :biggrin:

Do you guys think it'll work?

I already read them all. They weren't very long, which is good because I get bored after the first few sentences unless I'm writing it. Should have read them all in the first place, but thanks for humoring me. :smile:

• #2,515
Huckleberry said:
I already read them all. They weren't very long, which is good because I get bored after the first few sentences unless I'm writing it. Should have read them all in the first place, but thanks for humoring me. :smile:

:eek: Are you sure you read them all? Afterall, board policy is that we can't do your homework for you. :-p

Step 1) If you haven't, go back and be sure to read all of them; then continue on to step 2.

Step 2) If you have read them all, you're nuttier than I even suspected. :-p :smile: Welcome to PF!

• #2,516
BicycleTree said:
Nobody has read all of them.

Not true. I have. You'll note I've been here from the beginning. You don't get to be the top poster in the thread without reading them ALL.

:rolleyes: I need to get a life. My excitement for the day was to buy a new lawnmower. I wanted one with big wheels and self-propelling (my yard is a bit bumpy...I don't mind so much this time of year, but in the middle of August when the humidity is 90%, pushing that mower is more exercise than I want), and that mulches. The old one was rear-bagging. I didn't know any better when I got it, being my first lawnmower purchase and still being gung-ho about the whole idea of having my very own lawn to mow :rolleyes: but I discovered that stopping and emptying a bag of lawn clippings every few passes over the lawn is really annoying and a full bag makes the mower hard to push, and if you don't attach the bag when it's supposed to have one, it just clogs up the mower (we get a lot of rain, so no way to avoid cutting wet grass).

See, pathetic, that's the excitement of my day.

• #2,517
No, you haven't read them all and as a ghost I can guarantee that.

Don't feel bad, buying a lawnmower is exciting. Most things are less interesting than that.

• #2,518
BicycleTree said:
What if someone attacked you and the only thing you had nearby to use as a weapon was your keyboard? You'd be sorry you bought plastic then.

You fail to realize that my entire desk is covered in glass bottles. Much better.

• #2,519
A granite mouse with cord attached beats a glass bottle. Swing it around like a yoyo and your assailant can't get within 3 feet of you.

• #2,520
BicycleTree said:
What if someone attacked you and the only thing you had nearby to use as a weapon was your keyboard? You'd be sorry you bought plastic then.

I'd be in real trouble then, since I have a laptop, so no separate keyboard. :eek: :-p But, I'm not about to start lugging around a granite laptop. Aside from the weight, granite cracks really easily, as does plastic, which is why I have a laptop case made from a lightweight metal alloy...it dents but doesn't break.

Back