Thread Killer Champions: Franzbear & Moonbear

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Franzbear is the most prolific thread killer in the forum. He has killed at least 12 threads and is likely responsible for 21 more. His ability to kill threads is not a direct outcome of the evidence (number of last posts). You have to at least factor in the total number of posts by each person (posts in GD) to get a more accurate representation of the killer instinct. Franz and Moonie have so many posts here, they are more likely to be the winning killers. You have to divide the number of kills by the total number of posts during the same period to get a corrected distribution.
  • #2,556
Danger said:
Don't try to con me with 'hmmm'. Even you would be mighty hard-pressed to think up a sexual use for them.:
I think you're confusing me with Moonbear--I was just thinking hockey could well factor into any Canadian past time.
Danger said:
Not yet, but I'm sure I could come up with one. There is, however, a dart game called 'Golf'. :biggrin:
I knew it!

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2,557
BicycleTree said:
See, everyone is interested in the lawnmower.

It's a whole 6.75 hp Briggs & Stratton (sp?)! The guy at the store looked at me like I was nuts when I inquired about anything with a smaller engine. :rolleyes: My last one was a pitiful 4.25 hp. Go figure, apparently in the lawnmower world, that's like a 486 computer I think. Even the cheapest lawnmower there had a bigger engine than 4.25 hp. It's got those BIG rear wheels too. :biggrin: And variable speed control to the front wheels, so I can go FAST! (I asked how the speed on the fixed speed mowers fits along the range of the variable speed mowers, and they said it was at the slow end, so you don't have any trouble keeping up...well, geez, I don't walk that slow, and I can go even faster if the mower helps push itself, so that just wasn't going to work). Gotta say, I was drooling over those riding lawn mowers (ya know, because you can sit on those), but my yard is too small and fenced in, so it's just not worth it if I'd have to go around and do all the edges after anyway. I wasn't prepared to spend that much on a lawnmower yet anyway. Maybe if I move to a house with a bigger yard, I'll upgrade. :-p

You guys should know better than to encourage me on these things.

• #2,558
Danger said:
Okay. I thought those were "Reese's Pieces". I've heard of skittles, but always figured they were like Cheezies or something. Maybe 'cause I heard them mentioned with beer.

Yep, they were Reese's Pieces. If you've never had Skittles, you're not missing anything.

Huck, I'm just wondering, when you have half a hot dog with your Skittles, what do you do with the other half?

• #2,559
Moonbear said:
It's a whole 6.75 hp Briggs & Stratton (sp?)! The guy at the store looked at me like I was nuts when I inquired about anything with a smaller engine. :rolleyes: My last one was a pitiful 4.25 hp.
What the hell kind of grass do you people grow down there?! My lawn is completely composed of Timothy, wild oats and quackgrass, and my 25-year-old 3.5hp zips through it like Moonbear through a Navy yard.

Ooops... forgot who I was responding to...

• #2,560
Moonbear said:
Yep, they were Reese's Pieces. If you've never had Skittles, you're not missing anything.

Huck, I'm just wondering, when you have half a hot dog with your Skittles, what do you do with the other half?

I put them under my pillow for the tooth fairy. She's my sister.
Huck

• #2,561
BicycleTree said:
See, everyone is interested in the lawnmower.
I have a riding mower. :biggrin: 18hp

• #2,562
Danger said:
What the hell kind of grass do you people grow down there?! My lawn is completely composed of Timothy, wild oats and quackgrass, and my 25-year-old 3.5hp zips through it like Moonbear through a Navy yard.

Ooops... forgot who I was responding to...

I have no idea how to spell the type of grass I have. The front yard is completely different from the back yard too, and I don't know at all the type of grass in the back yard. Don't look at me, I would have been happy with a smaller engine, that was never the issue I had with my older lawnmower. Oh, who am I kidding, I'm American...MORE POWER! Muwahahahahahaha! :devil:

• #2,563
Evo said:
hmmm.. i wonder if I could get Tom Mattson to push a lawnmower next time I'm up on his shoulders? then I'd have one, too! :biggrin: naahh.. he'd never go for it.

• #2,564
Evo said:

I bet that's WAY better than a washing machine! :biggrin:

Hmm..come to think of it, do you think we can rig it up so that sucker runs the spin cycle at the laundromat? :-p

• #2,565
Hmm, what does this button do?

How can I initiate a thread?

Pride is the inability to reveal one's ignorance
Huck

• #2,566
Moonbear said:
do you think we can rig it up so that sucker runs the spin cycle at the laundromat? :-p
You're starting to sound like the Canuk definition of a tough chick: hand-rolls her own tampons and has kick-start on her vibrator. :bugeye:

Huckleberry said:
Pride is the inability to reveal one's ignorance
Huck
You'll find damned little of that around here. :biggrin:

• #2,567
Danger said:
You're starting to sound like the Canuk definition of a tough chick: hand-rolls her own tampons and has kick-start on her vibrator. :bugeye:

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

• #2,568
I think I'll start shopping for a Yank Crank to put on my wheelchair... :confused:

• #2,569
SOS2008 said:
I think I'll start shopping for a Yank Crank to put on my wheelchair... :confused:
Dare I ask...? :confused:

• #2,570
Danger said:

I know I'm not asking. :bugeye:

• #2,571
Did someone say rotten eggs?

• #2,572
Huckleberry said:
Oh your serious! I thought you were joking about that golf,pool,bowling thing. Now that I understand it to be true I'm really scared.

Sounds kind of interesting actually. Throw in horsehoes and hockey pucks and you might have a new national passtime. Keep in mind this is from the guy that likes hot dogs with his skittles.

Huck :smile:
I told you, you were going to fit right in. :biggrin:

• #2,573
Danger said:

You'll find damned little of that around here. :biggrin:
These two quotes look great together.
:biggrin:

• #2,574
:wink: Yeah, I think I'm starting to get the hang of this. It's kind of like a last person standing contest. Kind of like the game that Danger plays where he attaches his tongue to metal fence posts. You know, when he's not playing golf with darts.

Huck

• #2,575
Danger said:
Moonbear said:
I know I'm not asking. :bugeye:
Well...I don't have a Maytag, or lawnmower, but wait! I have a DVD! I was just thinking my wheelchair could use some doodads. :-p I really want one of those Robertsons the Canuk's use. Oh, and a Swiss Knife--BobG has two!

• #2,576
SOS2008 said:
but wait! I have a DVD!

Now as soon as you get that DVD player you'll be all set! :smile:

• #2,577
I hate to say this sexy gals, but guys don't really want to hear about your fantasies of being in a wheelchair or using a cane.

• #2,578
Huckleberry said:
the game that Danger plays where he attaches his tongue to metal fence posts.
I'll have you know that the only time my tongue has been near anything that cold involved a stewardess with an attitude problem.

SOS2008 said:
I really want one of those Robertsons the Canuk's use.
If you'll just get your bloody address to me, I'll send you all the Robertson's you can use. Hell, I'll even throw in a Peanut driver. :approve:

• #2,579
Moonbear said:
Player? You mean I went and learned how to read the damned things for nothing?

• #2,580
Moonbear said:
Oh, that's what was wrong! :smile:
The_Professional said:
I hate to say this sexy gals, but guys don't really want to hear about your fantasies of being in a wheelchair or using a cane.
:smile: Physics Forum + Fantasies = Mechanical Equipment. What? :confused:

• #2,581
The_Professional said:
Guess you don't want to hear about my sexy new Sleep-Comfort adjustable bed then. :frown:

but it's remote controlled...

• #2,582
Danger said:
If you'll just get your bloody address to me, I'll send you all the Robertson's you can use. Hell, I'll even throw in a Peanut driver. :approve:
Okay. Since you took me off your buddy list, if you PM me with your address, I'll send you directions. I want a sammich, surprise, present, and Canuck tools (don't think I haven't been keeping a list). Oh, and my lawn mowed.

• #2,583
SOS.. tell him to bring you some 'K' cider, too. I hope they still make it.

• #2,584
The_Professional said:

Take note PF sisters, he has no complaints about fantasies involving riding lawnmowers or super-charged washers. :approve:

• #2,585
SOS2008 said:
Okay. Since you took me off your buddy list, if you PM me with your address, I'll send you directions. I want a sammich, surprise, present, and Canuck tools (don't think I haven't been keeping a list).
Now to start with, what the hell is this about taking you off of my buddy list? That's the 2nd time you've mentioned it, and I still don't know what you're talking about. You are well and truly established in a position from which you couldn't be dislodged with dynamite. I agree to your terms, by the way. (But the surprise and the present are the same thing.)

SOS2008 said:
Oh, and my lawn mowed.
I'll bring my spare goat. (They turned me down at the border the last time I tried to take a sheep over.)

I can't believe you didn't say something weird about the Peanut driver... :bugeye:

• #2,586
Danger said:

Now that we've established what a Robertson's is, what's a Peanut driver? :confused:

• #2,587
Moonbear said:
Now that we've established what a Robertson's is, what's a Peanut driver? :confused:

Oh, I know this one. It's an archaeological tool used to separate peanuts from fossilized mammoth feces.

• #2,588
Moonbear said:
Take note PF sisters, he has no complaints about fantasies involving riding lawnmowers or super-charged washers. :approve:
I'm cool with any fantasies you wish to discuss. Especially about you cutting my grass or washing my clothes. :biggrin:

(Any, of course, that my wife would approve of me hearing about.):wink:

:smile:

• #2,589
Math Is Hard said:
SOS.. tell him to bring you some 'K' cider, too. I hope they still make it.
ohmmmuh? :-p
Moonbear said:
:smile: :smile:
Danger said:
Now to start with, what the hell is this about taking you off of my buddy list? That's the 2nd time you've mentioned it, and I still don't know what you're talking about.
Make note to self: He has selective memory like a steel trap.

Yeh, and I want some 'K' cider too.

• #2,590
Moonbear said:
what's a Peanut driver? :confused:
Nice to see someone picked up the slack. SOS missed that? Oh well, she is getting up there in years.
The real name for the Peanut is 'Clutch Drive'. It was used a lot in the first half of the 20th, but not much after. You can still buy screwdrivers for it, but the fasteners themselves are a special-order thing. I think that they're a Yank invention. They're even stronger than a Robertson. The 'slot' is shaped like an infinity symbol (without the cross-over); ie. 'peanut'-shaped. I was quite surprised to find that the dash panel on my '72 GM P-3500 step van was held together with them.

Back