What is the formula for the volume of a thick crust pizza?

In summary: The mathematician, who had been observing the entire exchange. "You two are wasting your time. The bear is three meters to the right of where you are, no matter who takes the shot."
And one more (as a picture, though)!

euclidprop.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
Q: Why do mathematicians always make problems bigger?

A: Because of Cantor.

(Warning: Educated non-mathematicians may find this joke slightly funnier).

Attachments

• 1a1965e74b5c36201bb52c04174dd2da.jpg
    1a1965e74b5c36201bb52c04174dd2da.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 159
  • 469cf8904057ecba73ae0860b0728f1f.jpg
    469cf8904057ecba73ae0860b0728f1f.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 159
Q: Why didn't Isaac Newton do group theory?
A: Because he wasn't Abel.

(Nerd)

BTW, if you already know some of the basics of group theory and want to get into more advanced material as well as applications, I recommend David Joyner's Adventures in Group Theory, published in 2002. It can't fail, because it has the above joke in it.

A reporter approaches a Saudi, a Hindu, a North Korean,
and a New Yorker.

He says, "Pardon me, what is your opinion on the beef shortage?"

The Saudi says, "What is a shortage?"

The Hindu says, "What is beef?"

The North Korean says, "What is an opinion?"

The New Yorker says, "What is pardon me?"

That was actually quite offensive. (Tauri)

dqk0uwoqo.jpg

Attachments

• Joke.JPG
    Joke.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 179
Well, it is safe to say that student's mind was not on mathematics that day! (Tongueout)

Attachments

• Joke.JPG
    Joke.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 145
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand base 16, and F the rest. (Tongueout)

551411_787851474563317_387249473_n.jpg

Attachments

• copyrighted_sent_to_verlag.PNG
    copyrighted_sent_to_verlag.PNG
    54.1 KB · Views: 135
International Choice of Urinal Protocol...ohemgee!

Deveno said:
International Choice of Urinal Protocol...ohemgee!

I'd like to let everyone note at this point that even though the article maybe just meant for a joke, the formulas given aren't incorrect. For example, (a serious version) A166079

Regarding the comics "A friend in need is a friend indeed" in https://driven2services.com/staging/mh/index.php?posts/37357/: Russian people would also bend the thumb to indicate number four. But Russians fold fingers rather than extend them while counting (wiki). Also, I don't know if it's just me, but I would hold the hand with the palm facing me, not the board. I'll ask my friends how they would do it.

Evgeny.Makarov said:
Regarding the comics "A friend in need is a friend indeed" in https://driven2services.com/staging/mh/index.php?posts/37357/: Russian people would also bend the thumb to indicate number four. But Russians fold fingers rather than extend them while counting (wiki). Also, I don't know if it's just me, but I would hold the hand with the palm facing me, not the board. I'll ask my friends how they would do it.

When manually enumerating, I place my palm facing me, and extend fingers, beginning with the index, then middle, ring, pinky and finally thumb. I notice some here who begin with the thumb though. I think to myself that they are strange, but do not chastise them for being "wrong." :D

MarkFL said:
When manually enumerating, I place my palm facing me, and extend fingers, beginning with the index, then middle, ring, pinky and finally thumb. I notice some here who begin with the thumb though. I think to myself that they are strange, but do not chastise them for being "wrong." :D

Meh!? :eek:

The toes are lower down, so you starts with them, non? Toes for units, fingers for tens, and something else for hundreds...

[*I'll get ma coat*]

DreamWeaver said:
Meh!? :eek:

The toes are lower down, so you starts with them, non? Toes for units, fingers for tens, and something else for hundreds...

[*I'll get ma coat*]

When I am in the mood to try and impress my friends/family, I treat each finger as a binary digit where extended is 1, and count from 0 to 1023 on ten fingers. There is always much ooing and ahhing and raucous applause! (Bow)

MarkFL said:
When I am in the mood to try and impress my friends/family, I treat each finger as a binary digit where extended is 1, and count from 0 to 1023 on ten fingers. There is always much ooing and ahhing and raucous applause! (Bow)

Wow, nice one MarkFL, I like that! (Clapping)

mathbalarka said:
Wow, nice one MarkFL, I like that! (Clapping)

For some reason, when I get to 4, 128 and especially 132, there is snickering. I don't understand it...:(

(Rofl)

MarkFL said:
For some reason, when I get to 4, 128 and especially 132, there is snickering. I don't understand it...:(

Me neither...oh...OH! I get it, it's the "political opposition salute" sign in underground street sign-slang...no, that's not it...

Just saw this one and felt like sharing. ;)

1917_c89c.jpeg

Well that's dumb, it's CLEAR the answer isn't 24...or is it...?

Of course, the answer is always 42.

Fantini said:
Of course, the answer is always 42.

Uh... how is it 42? :confused:

I like Serena said:

Because 42.

:P

(It's a movie reference)

I like Serena said:

Well, clearly...by symmetry!

I couldn't resist posting any joke that has something to do with the corns!(Sun)

http://art.ngfiles.com/images/139/bpremo_wtd07-corn-hole.png

. .
[tex]\boxed{\begin{array}{c}\text{This sentence} \\ \text{no verb.} \end{array}}[/tex]

The importance of quotation marks

a09x3LQ_460s.jpg

Why was the identity [tex]\sin2r \,=\,2\sin r[/tex] refused a loan?

He needed a [tex]\cos r.[/tex]

Back