What kind of drugs are legal in your countries?

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Drugs
In summary, drugs such as cannabis, marijuana, and heroin are not legal in Malaysia. In the US, there are both state and federal laws regarding drugs, and there is ongoing debate about legalizing marijuana. Some argue that it should be legalized and regulated, while others argue that it is dangerous and should remain illegal. In Norway, a law was recently passed that almost criminalized the use of nicotine. In Canada, marijuana is decriminalized, but other drugs are still illegal. There is also debate about whether or not marijuana should be legalized, with some arguing that it is a personal choice that doesn't harm others, while others argue that secondhand smoke can be just as dangerous. In Malaysia, possession of a certain amount of drugs can
check said:
Is it really legalized or just decriminalized?
decriminalized
Saint said:
drugs like heroin destroys people's lives, many families are broken because of the fathers becoming a drug addict.
this very serious social problem, selling drugs is considered immoral and sinful, therefore malaysian government impose Death Penalty on drug traffickers.
Families are ruined when one or both of the parents become alcoholics too.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thought so. Thanks Smurf.

Saint said:
drugs like heroin destroys people's lives, many families are broken because of the fathers becoming a drug addict.
this very serious social problem, selling drugs is considered immoral and sinful, therefore malaysian government impose Death Penalty on drug traffickers.

I think that there is nothing wrong with this law of killing drug traffickers. Drugs are horrible and do ruin peoples lives. And I can't believe that some people are taking the side of drug traffickers. These people are the epitome of evil. And of course I am not talking about marijuana, I am talking about the big bad three: Methamphetamine, Heroin, and Cocaine. And if you guys don't realize how evil that these drugs and the people that supply them to the public are, then you have never been exposed to them first hand, and I hope that you never will be.

Krazie said:
I think that there is nothing wrong with this law of killing drug traffickers. Drugs are horrible and do ruin peoples lives. And I can't believe that some people are taking the side of drug traffickers. These people are the epitome of evil. And of course I am not talking about marijuana, I am talking about the big bad three: Methamphetamine, Heroin, and Cocaine. And if you guys don't realize how evil that these drugs and the people that supply them to the public are, then you have never been exposed to them first hand, and I hope that you never will be.

No one's taking the side of the drug traffickers. Of course a drug trafficker should be punished, just but not by death.

Saint said:
drugs like heroin destroys people's lives

There's also the DEATH penalty for being in possession of over 200 gms of cannabis (marijuana, weed, pot, whatever you want to call it) unless the defendant can prove beyond a reasonable doubt, that he wasn't trafficking: Section 39(B) of the Dangerous Drugs Act, passed in 1952.

Guilty until proven innocent.

We're talking about weed here, for heaven's sakes !

who carries 200gms on them anyways...

There's a townhouse (nearly) next door to me (filled with college kids) that has huge parties every weekend (for the last 3 weekends). The amount of weed that goes in and out that house would be enough to send a handfull of teenagers to the gallows every month.

But we're talking about weed here. Weed is legal in several countries and is used medically, all the time.

This law was passed in 1952 when precious little was known. I think it's time someone took another look at it. And Amnesty Int'l has been trying like crazy to get the Malays to throw out cannabis from that Law...but so far, no luck.

in malaysia, illegally owning weapon such as pistol, gun and bullet will carry Death Penalty also.
I read that american school boy carries gun to school for Personal Protection, true or not ?

What is your gun law?

Answer to first question : not.

Answer to second question : not here.

Saint said:
I read that american school boy carries gun to school for Personal Protection, true or not ?
That's the stupid thing I've ever heard.

- Warren

Saint said:
in malaysia, illegally owning weapon such as pistol, gun and bullet will carry Death Penalty also.

Jeez Saint, is anything in Malaysia that's NOT punishable by death?

What is your gun law?

In Canada you are allowed to own firearms for hunting only after you receive a permit to do so. You are not allowed to purchase or carry a handgun (although I'm not sure about collectables). Only in extremely rare circumstances are people allowed to carry handguns...but those people need to prove to a judge that they are in constant danger and that the police cannot provide them with protection. As such, less than 50 people in the entire country have permission to carry handguns.

Canada's gun laws are strict and violation of them could lead to heavy penalties...but not death. That's just stupid. Guns are stupid.

I'm pretty sure that handguns arn't as strict as that where I live, I know several people with handguns. but then, almost every familly I know has a rifle or two so its not nearly as common.

Saint said:

In Malaysia, "Consorting with person carrying or having possession of arms or explosives" (Section 58(1) of Internal Security Act, 1960) can get you the death penalty, so watch out who you hang around with. And don't try any Mae West one-liners, either. :wink:

In america you can now buy assualt riffles with no problem. You can even buy sn AK-47 legally. And to answer the question on whether school children bring guns to school, of course this does happen. When I was in seventh grade, a kid in MY class got arested for having a gun in his locker. He confessed to the principal that he was going to shoot a kid that had been picking on him. Then when I was in 10th grade the SAME kid, shot someone at my school dead right after school. He shot him over a car. This kind of stuff can't continue. This should not happen.

Oh Yeah, this kid got some really light punishment too, because he was 17, and said that he had mental problems because when he was a little kid he witnessed his brother kill himself.

I found an article that talks about the kid that I was talking about. This same day he rode the same bus that I rode, then within a few hours after the bus ride he killed that guy. I didn't know the guy that he killed, but he did go to my school. Here is a little bit of the article:

"An argument between two teen-age boys over the sale of a car became deadly when the seller used a gun to settle the score.

Artie Burton IV had purchased the car from high school classmate Courtney Crenshaw. But Burton reportedly became unhappy with the car and wanted his money back from Crenshaw.

In the ensuing debate, Crenshaw allegedly kicked in the door of Burton's apartment and shot him four times as he took refuge in a closet. Burton was unable to fire a stolen gun that he kept in the closet.

The presence of a gun turned what could have been a fistfight between two teen-agers into a killing. But the outcome could have been different if Burton had been able to reach his gun."

http://www.amarillonet.com/stories/051400/usn_LO0724.shtml

Smurf said:
I'm pretty sure that handguns arn't as strict as that where I live, I know several people with handguns. but then, almost every familly I know has a rifle or two so its not nearly as common.

Hmm, I may be wrong about that then. I remember reading an article about that a couple of years ago. Maybe you're just not allowed to carry it with you wherever you go. Hmmm

Krazie said:
In america you can now buy assualt riffles with no problem. You can even buy sn AK-47 legally. And to answer the question on whether school children bring guns to school, of course this does happen. When I was in seventh grade, a kid in MY class got arested for having a gun in his locker. He confessed to the principal that he was going to shoot a kid that had been picking on him. Then when I was in 10th grade the SAME kid, shot someone at my school dead right after school. He shot him over a car. This kind of stuff can't continue. This should not happen.
right right I remember hearing about this, the law before said you couldn't own anything that was fully automatic, and they just abolished that... is that right?
anyways apparently it was fine to go out and buy an uzi as long as it wasn't fully automatic and you had a clear background check or whatnot. crazy americans.

well...you still can't buy fully automatic weapons, but most of these assualt riffles can easily be converted into fully automatic weapons.

Yeah, there was a big deal about that a few years ago. It was possible to order an automatic weapon in "non-operating" condition, or something like that. In other words, the manufacturers left a few parts out to make it legal to sell. Then, they sold separately those parts that were left out in a kit, so you just buy the kit and make your automatic weapon fully functional. I can't think of any valid reason for a civilian to need to own such a weapon.

I think they mostly get bought by private security firms and such...or so I hear.

we do issue license to own gun for hunting and self-protection, but not as popular as US.

you seem to have something against the US saint, care to share?

nothing against US;
most of the things i know about US are read from CNN, if i have misunderstood US and her people, it is CNN fault!

We too watch/read CNN. How is it, we get a different picture ?? :confused:

your mr. bush said something like "if you're not on my side, you're on the terrorist side", and it is up to him to define terrorist!
tell me, who is terrorist?
some one who does something to your expense?
if this is the definition, then US is terrorist too, because it produces the most pollutants that threaten human's life.

Saint said:
your mr. bush said something like "if you're not on my side, you're on the terrorist side", and it is up to him to define terrorist!
tell me, who is terrorist?
some one who does something to your expense?
if this is the definition, then US is terrorist too, because it produces the most pollutants that threaten human's life.

That's one of our president's overly frequent screw-ups when speaking. He's terrible at public speaking and frequently says things that come out all wrong. Don't let what he says determine your view about all Americans.

I don't know why you think the pollution in the US is so bad here. Unlike some places in the world, we don't have to walk around wearing face masks to avoid breathing pollutants.

Things that make the news in the US (such as on CNN) do so because they are sensationalistic and uncommon or unusual enough to get notice. This is why it makes headlines when a kid brings a gun to school and shoots other kids...this is incredibly rare, and incredibly horrible, so makes a good news story. There would be no interest in reading news about all the other schools that didn't have any shootings that day.

the USA contributes more to global pollution and global warming than any other country. don't deny it.

Because the US is such a large and developed country maybe? Go and look at the situation in major cities in India/China/and such: you'll find uncontrolled pollution. I agree it's a bad thing the US doesn't participate in the Kyoto protocol.

Monique said:
Because the US is such a large and developed country maybe?
and as such has no excuse.

Smurf said:
the USA contributes more to global pollution and global warming than any other country. don't deny it.
Hello, Canadianmate, I agree

America is the best place to live in the world. These people that are putting it down are just mad that they can't live here.

Krazie said:
America is the best place to live in the world. These people that are putting it down are just mad that they can't live here.
Me too,:wink:

But Usa has been said to be a real air polution contributor, how to defend again now? :redface:

A mind is a terrible thing to waste

Krazie said:
*coughs softly*

Krazie said:
Wrong, Sweden, Norway, Denmark were voted the best places to stay, better than US.