What Makes the Tiki Bar the Favorite Lounge for Members?

• Thread starter SOS2008
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Box
In summary: Ummm, I love chicken enchiladas. When do you think it'll be ready? :tongue2:About an hour, come on over. Bring drinks. :tongue2:The Entertainment has a pretty good rack.Welcome to one of the favorite PF lounges--the Tiki Bar (moved from Philosophy to the new location in General Discussion). At the Tiki Bar members can enjoy exotic drinks and great entertainment. The Tiki Bar also offers fine dining or simply relax on the veranda and enjoy the view. Of course the favorite activity of all at the Tiki Bar is the comment box. We like to hear what members are thinking, so
...april...

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
ok, i have a treat for everyone:
PottedMeatFoodProduct.jpg

Lol... and sorry but my stuffed monkey is definitely cooler than your canned meat. erm... nevermind.

mmm, wanna-be-spam...

yomamma said:
mooching moonbear...
It's not called mooching, it's called dating. :-p
Buying a lady a drink is always a good idea.
Well unless she's under age then that could be a very bad idea.

bartender, send moonie a drink, on me. :biggrin:

yourdadonapogostick said:
bartender, send moonie a drink, on me. :biggrin:
Well, usually they just carry it out on a tray, but okay; just hold still while they carry you, I don't want my drink spilled by the time it gets to the table. :biggrin:

brewnog said:
Yes please!

I'll have a shot of AstroBrew (c). Make it a double.
Also known by its scientific name as Brewnog's condensate -- requires rare tropical ingredients, the right fermentation process, and just condensed at just the right time and temperature.

He's also working on Brewnog's Nuc-brew, which has a bit of an after-kick (or prehaps afterburn) to it. :wink:

I'm tired, even though I slept 11 1/2 hours :zzz:

yea, i actually slept today. :biggrin: went to bed at 7am and got up at 4pm.

I want to be a teenager again! Sleeping the entire day away sounds so wonderful at times.

Yeah, it is...

moonie, i got you a drink.

yourdadonapogostick said:
moonie, i got you a drink.
Oh, thanks! Y'know, we really need to talk to the bartender about making sure the glass is full when you get it! He seems to be ripping you off with all these half full glasses.

mr. bartender, you need to stop "spilling" our drinks before i have to get out the duct tape. you don't want me to get out the duct tape, do you?

after last night, all i want right now is coffee...strong coffee.

I'm curious, yet afraid.

i was drinking at both parties.

well, you never mentioned any parties, but ok.

didn't you go? well, it was more like 3am here.

... :confused: ...

Geez, I can't believe this place has been quiet for more than a month.

I suppose we should have been doing inventory and maintenance all this time.

Well, it's time for a little project in hydraulics of carbonated alcoholic beverages. :biggrin:

Bottoms up!

Cheers!

I had to many bahama yomammas now where are zooby's directions to the bathroom? :eek:

oh and if you're wondering about the bahama yomammas, umm, SOS 'gave' me the key, I kinda snuck in while it was closed... :$ where is SOS anyway?

It must have floated into some uncharted direction, and just reappeared on radar!

Okay, a toast to my new home! I found a townhouse today that I like and think the road isn't too steep to get to it (I saw one that was very nice, but I envisioned getting stuck on the road every time it snows, and the driveway was so steep with nothing but a cliff/drop-off behind it before the next row of townhouses started that I was having horrid images in my mind of me pulling out of the garage, hitting ice and landing in someone else's living room!)

The one I found was only completed a month ago, so never had any previous tenants to mess it up, has berber carpet throughout, a gas fireplace, three bedrooms, two and a half baths, the master bath has a whirlpool tub, big windows (I never turned on any of the lights while looking at it, and it was still wonderfully bright inside), real tile in the kitchen, and a kitchen design that will be very functional, a two-car garage, which means all the furniture that doesn't fit in the rooms can be stored in my garage, attic storage space, and a big deck with privacy fencing on either side and a big mountain behind me (until they build the next row of townhomes, but they won't even break ground on those until spring since they have others further away to finish over the winter). Oh, and a really cute guy next door (his little red sports car had dealer plates on it, so I'm guessing he's a car salesman...might have to count that against him, but since he's driving a little red sports car, I'm guessing he might be single :rolleyes:...even if he isn't, he's a nice touch of scenery :biggrin:).

I sign the lease tomorrow (I beat out someone else because they only wanted a 5 month lease and I'm willing to sign for a full year). Yay!

*starts singing* "Country roads, take me home, to the place I belong...West Virginia, mountain mama..." I just keep reminding myself that if I still lived in NJ, mountain property would be highly coveted.

It'll be close to the farm, but not too close to campus, so don't have to put up with students living nearby (sorry to the students, but you know student housing is noisy, and eventually you grow out of that phase of your life). And the manager insists the walls are built really well so you can't hear anything from next door (I didn't hear any outside sounds while looking at the place, so that's a good sign); she said when they bought the units they're renting, they actually tested that because one of the first tenants was really concerned about not hearing noise, so they blasted stereos and shouted in one unit while she stood in the other and they couldn't hear anything. Even if she's exaggerating a little, as long as I can't hear every conversation of my neighbors, I'll be happy.

So, a toast to my new home!

yomamma said:
now where are zooby's directions to the bathroom? :eek:

Same as usual. Follow your nose.

Moonbear said:
*starts singing* "Country roads, take me home, to the place I belong...West Virginia, mountain mama..." I just keep reminding myself that if I still lived in NJ, mountain property would be highly coveted.

So, a toast to my new home!
Cheers, Moonbear! :smile:

Smart move on avoiding steep driveways - not only snow, but ice-storms.

Astronuc said:
Cheers, Moonbear! :smile:

Smart move on avoiding steep driveways - not only snow, but ice-storms.

I'm afraid I'm still going to have to get a new car no matter what. My poor little Focus is just too underpowered to make it up mountain roads with the a/c running! :frown: It's a great city car, but a terrible mountain car apparently. Guess it's time to head to the Subaru dealer and get myself something with all-wheel drive! Do any other manufacturers make cars with all-wheel drive? I don't want to resort to a gas-guzzling SUV, but I need to be sure I'll have a vehicle that can handle snowy mountain roads reliably because when we have experiments going, I won't have the luxury of staying home to work or calling up someone who lives within walking distance as I do in Cincinnati.

Congrats on the new place Moonie! I didn't realize you were into guys with tiny red sports cars. Was it a *****in' Camaro? :-p

Well besides Subaru ( http://www.subaru.com/shop/all_models.jsp ), and the more pricey BMWs or Audis, there is Honda -

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/specifications_descriptions.asp?ModelName=CR%2DV&Category=4WD+EX but that's like a mini-SUV, but still 22 mph city/29 mph highway.

There may be other 4WD sedans or wagons, but it is difficult to find a simple comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:
TheStatutoryApe said:
Congrats on the new place Moonie! I didn't realize you were into guys with tiny red sports cars. Was it a *****in' Camaro? :-p
It was a Mitsubishi of some sort. It was cute, the kind of car I'd drive. :biggrin: It had dealer plates, so that's why I'm assuming he's a car salesman, unless he had it on one of those all day test drives they let you do in a lot of places. But he was all polished in his crisp white shirt and tie when I saw him get out of it, so he fit the part. I'm not really into guys with sports cars, just he was cute even without the sports car and waved as I drove past.

Astronuc said:
Well besides Subaru ( http://www.subaru.com/shop/all_models.jsp ), and the more pricey BMWs or Audis, there is Honda -

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/specifications_descriptions.asp?ModelName=CR%2DV&Category=4WD+EX but that's like a mini-SUV, but still 22 mph city/29 mph highway.

There may be other 4WD sedans or wagons, but it is difficult to find a simple comparison.

The CR-V is definitely not my style. I don't think BMWs and Audis fit my budget, especially for driving around an area where I know I'm going to beat the crap out of the car with rough road conditions. Back to Subaru I guess. A good front-wheel drive car with a slightly bigger engine might do the trick too, just something with enough power to it to maintain speed uphill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moonbear said:
It was a Mitsubishi of some sort. It was cute, the kind of car I'd drive. :biggrin: It had dealer plates, so that's why I'm assuming he's a car salesman, unless he had it on one of those all day test drives they let you do in a lot of places. But he was all polished in his crisp white shirt and tie when I saw him get out of it, so he fit the part. I'm not really into guys with sports cars, just he was cute even without the sports car and waved as I drove past.

Mitsubishi do a 4x4, the Lancer EVO VIII but it`s not that cheap! It does however have World Rally Champ pedigree so it`s going to get you up your snowy mountian quicker than you can sneeze!

And being a Jap made car second hand ones are going to be reliable and cheaper look for EVO VI or VII`s

Back