What Makes the Tiki Bar the Favorite Lounge for Members?

• Thread starter SOS2008
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Box
In summary: Ummm, I love chicken enchiladas. When do you think it'll be ready? :tongue2:About an hour, come on over. Bring drinks. :tongue2:The Entertainment has a pretty good rack.Welcome to one of the favorite PF lounges--the Tiki Bar (moved from Philosophy to the new location in General Discussion). At the Tiki Bar members can enjoy exotic drinks and great entertainment. The Tiki Bar also offers fine dining or simply relax on the veranda and enjoy the view. Of course the favorite activity of all at the Tiki Bar is the comment box. We like to hear what members are thinking, so
SOS2008 said:
Oh yeh, glow in the dark ambient lighting--very good. And maybe a florescent target for where to aim. :smile: There's a place here in town that has a revolving door from which people may enter the ladies or mens room, and often end up in the wrong one. Now that might be fun. :-p

erm ya... maybe... cept that men's room sounds like the sort of place i'd rather avoid..

the ladies room however... i think we need a nice sofa and one of those guys to pump the soap into my hands so i don't have to touch the dirty faucet. and i want ambient music playing. it should be very luxurious and clean and tidy. with very comfortable toilets, and very soft tiolet paper. and hmm... could we also have a private room in the back filled with lots of sexy guys for me to look at before having to go back out into the bar and face all the pf guys...

Physics news on Phys.org
Gale17 said:
it should be very luxurious and clean and tidy. with very comfortable toilets, and very soft tiolet paper.
well, we do have those heated toilet seats courtesy of that silent investor, EvoCorp. :smile:

Evo said:
...hot nuts.
:confused:
Moonbear said:
...We have a back room for the regulars.
Gale17 said:
...could we also have a private room in the back filled with lots of sexy guys
Does Gale17 know about the, er..cancer clinic?
Gale17 said:
...the ladies room however... i think we need a nice sofa and one of those guys to pump the soap into my hands so i don't have to touch the dirty faucet. and i want ambient music playing. it should be very luxurious and clean and tidy.
Yes, a guy to pump soap into our hands...but who? :rolleyes:
Math Is Hard said:
well, we do have those heated toilet seats courtesy of that silent investor, EvoCorp. :smile:
Hey MIH, I've been wondering where you've been. Of course here at the Tiki Bar we enjoy tropical weather, but certainly every comfort is included (compliments of EvoCorp, Greg & Seeking, Inc., and a few others).

SOS2008 said:
:confused:
Does Gale17 know about the, er..cancer clinic?
Yes, a guy to pump soap into our hands...but who? :rolleyes:
Hey MIH, I've been wondering where you've been. Of course here at the Tiki Bar we enjoy tropical weather, but certainly every comfort is included (compliments of EvoCorp, Greg & Seeking, Inc., and a few others).

Cancer clinic eh? no... I'm not aware of this... but by the sounds of it, i think i'll go get me some cancer! (this is of course assuming that 'cancer' somehow means i get lots of sexy guys...)

this tiki bar sure is swell!

Evo said:
I was thinking "glow in the dark" urinals. They would provide ambient lighting while being a focal point.
How about approach lights with audio navigation - for those who have had a bit too much?

Strobe lights would be interesting. :biggrin:

Then again, put UV-flurourescent dye in the drinks and a black light in the men's room - :smile: OK, I'm getting too weird even for myself. :eek:

-------------------

Here's a thought. Many bars have a ladies night, where ladies get a free drink or two, presumably so they bother to show up, so guys will be induced to show up and buy drinks for the ladies.

So why not a guys night, where guys sit around waiting for ladies to buy them drinks.

On the other hand, it could be a long wait. :biggrin: :smile:

Last edited:
SOS2008 said:
Yes, a guy to pump soap into our hands...but who?
Where do I apply?

*Stops in at the Tiki Bar. It's already getting crowded, but that's to be expected on Fridays. Good thing I came in a little early. I think I'll grab a bar stool near the attractive woman with dark hair.*

"I'll have a..."

*interrupted by the bartender, who asks if I'll have my usual on draft. I'd say that makes me a regular and qualified to frequent the back room, yes...*

TGIF :cool:

*looks at watch*

Well, I think it's time for me to go. Mexico's a waitin'...

Astronuc said:
...UV-flurourescent dye in the drinks and a black light in the men's room - :smile: :
Oh no -- dye in drinks are not good. I know first hand from drinking Blue Hawaiians. :eek:
Astronuc said:
...Here's a thought. Many bars have a ladies night, where ladies get a free drink or two...
Very good suggestion -- So Tuesday will now be Ladies Night!

*Just one quick drink and then I'll go...really, just one. I think I'll have a glass of wine.*

Ummmm "A little citrus. Maybe some strawberry. Mmm. Passion fruit, mmm, and, oh, there's just like the faintest soupçon of like, uh, asparagus, and, there's a, just a flutter of, like a, like a nutty Edam cheese." :smile:

*Dang, TheStatutoryApe is heading for San Francisco, the Arctic Fox for Mexico, and where in the heck have Huckleberry, Danger and Zoobyshoe been?!*

How about a Tappas bar?

And Friday night is Fajita/Margarita night or Beer and Pizza night.

TGIF! Okay barkeep, pour me a tall stiff one! :biggrin:

I've had a terrible day. Just line up 10 double Moonbeasts on the counter please. :frown:

Moonbear said:
TGIF! Okay barkeep, pour me a tall stiff one! :biggrin:
Moonbeast?

First round is on me.

I guess I'll barkeep while brewnog is nogging and SOS is out and about, or oot and aboot.

I have lots of experience from the Crushed Velvet Lounge.

Last edited:
Astronuc said:
Moonbeast?

First round is on me.

I guess I'll barkeep while brewnog is nogging and SOS is out and about, or oot and aboot.

I have lots of experience from the Crushed Velvet Lounge.
Thanks. I think this co-op approach works well for a bar, everyone taking turns bartending. :approve:

I think ZapperZ is going to need a double, perhaps triple Moonbeast. Lively discussion on Bosons. :biggrin:

SOS2008 said:
Hi Sis! It's my busy season I'm afraid. Fiscal New Year is approaching at work and it's just not quite the party you'd think it would be.
But now that I'm here, I'll have a Flying Zoobie, please - hold the flaming marshmallows. :smile:

Just want to check in. It's absolutely pissing down rain here; I had to walk half a mile to the bank after work since this is payday; had other errands to do; my bumbershoot turned inside-out on me 3 times because there's a wind strong enough to blow a pig off its feet; then stopped at the Legion for a beer (30 oz; I have my own mug there); ran into a couple of friends that I rarely see, so that turned into 3 beers; ran across the street to the liquor store and bought a dozen to take home; paid $5 for a cab home (the fare was $3.50, but I used to drive the damned things so I tip well); and now I have to cab it down to the bar because I promised a woman that I'd be there for her daughter's 18th birthday). So, if anyone wonders why my posting has been a bit lax lately, that's the sort of week it's been. (Oh yeah... I have to work in the morning, so I don't know what shape I'll be in the next time you hear from me.)
Meanwhile, carry on. I've loved reading this thread, but I just can't properly respond right now.

Astronuc said:
I think ZapperZ is going to need a double, perhaps triple Moonbeast. Lively discussion on Bosons. :biggrin:
Poor Zz, dealing with a troll.

Math Is Hard said:
But now that I'm here, I'll have a Flying Zoobie, please - hold the flaming marshmallows. :smile:
There's no such thing as a flying zoobie. They come by the pitcher or the flight is cancelled.

you know what? since you guys won't give me a moonbear madness, because I'm "underage" I should have a drink named after me!

yomamma said:
you know what? since you guys won't give me a moonbear madness, because I'm "underage" I should have a drink named after me!
How 'bout a Sassy Yomamma?

yomamma said:

how about yomamma's milk... hehe... it sounds wrong...

yes it does.

how about a bahama yomamma?

Gale17 said:
how about yomamma's milk... hehe...
Oh, Gale, You're a genius! I vote for this one!

Gale17 said:
how about yomamma's milk... hehe... it sounds wrong...
I'm simultaneously laughing and disgusted. :smile:

yomamma said:
how about a bahama yomamma?
I think that one will be more socially acceptable, if that sort of thing is important to you. So, let's see, what should go in it? How about some pineapple and cranberry juice, a splash of lime, we'll add some club soda for sparkle, and of course a cherry and umbrella.

zoobyshoe said:
There's no such thing as a flying zoobie. They come by the pitcher or the flight is cancelled.
Well then, I'll have a pitcher of Flying Zoobie! :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
I'm simultaneously laughing and disgusted. :smile:

SAME! hehe... i can't stop giggling about how funny it sounds... "could i get a round of yomammas milk?" hehe... think about the folks who'd order that... you know, the good natured people who don't drink achohol... imagine the sorts of bar fights that'd break out...

nice young gentleman leans over to the gruff man drinking a beer on the stool next to him. "yomamma's milk is so yummy." smacks his lips and grins... gruff looking man jumps up and says "don't you be talking bout my mamma like that!" nice mild mannered guy looks down at his drink and then back up again... "mommy" and the last things he sees is the big gruff guy swinging a stool.

Moonbear said:
Well then, I'll have a pitcher of Flying Zoobie! :biggrin:
It's still plural: a pitcher of Flying Zoobies.

I think, Yommamma's Milk should be, in fact, milk based. (Think White Russian as you develope the recipe.) We used to put some flavored brandies in milk, too.

Moonbear said:
I think that one will be more socially acceptable, if that sort of thing is important to you. So, let's see, what should go in it? How about some pineapple and cranberry juice, a splash of lime, we'll add some club soda for sparkle, and of course a cherry and umbrella.
with whipped ccream on the top where the cherry rests

and your favorite liquor. :biggrin:

zoobyshoe said:

I think, Yommamma's Milk should be, in fact, milk based. (Think White Russian as you develope the recipe.) We used to put some flavored brandies in milk, too.

yomamma's milk, should in fact be just plain milk... maybe with some chocolate syrup or something... but it has to be suitable for children yomamma's age. heh, actually now that i think of it, its probably a decent way to keep young'uns away from the bar, they'd probably feel a bit silly ordering that drink all the time...

zoobyshoe said:

so I have 2 drinks named after me :biggrin:

it should be a dessert drink. how about milk, cream, and ice. first blended, then whipped. then a dollop of whipped cream on top, liquor, and of course, an umbrella

Gale17 said:
yomamma's milk, should in fact be just plain milk... maybe with some chocolate syrup or something... but it has to be suitable for children yomamma's age. heh, actually now that i think of it, its probably a decent way to keep young'uns away from the bar, they'd probably feel a bit silly ordering that drink all the time...
too bad, I have the recipie above

Gale17 said:
"yomamma's milk is so yummy."
Untill word of the new drink gets around there'll be a lot of p'ed off bartenders:

"Bartender, I'll have a pitcher of Yommamma's Milk!"

Okay, one Yomamma's Milk coming up:

We'll make this one with milk, some caramel syrup, a scoop of coffee ice cream, blend it all well, top it with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.

Moonbear said:
Okay, one Yomamma's Milk coming up:

We'll make this one with milk, some caramel syrup, a scoop of coffee ice cream, blend it all well, top it with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
I'll have one!

Back