What Makes the Tiki Bar the Favorite Lounge for Members?

• Thread starter SOS2008
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Box
In summary: Ummm, I love chicken enchiladas. When do you think it'll be ready? :tongue2:About an hour, come on over. Bring drinks. :tongue2:The Entertainment has a pretty good rack.Welcome to one of the favorite PF lounges--the Tiki Bar (moved from Philosophy to the new location in General Discussion). At the Tiki Bar members can enjoy exotic drinks and great entertainment. The Tiki Bar also offers fine dining or simply relax on the veranda and enjoy the view. Of course the favorite activity of all at the Tiki Bar is the comment box. We like to hear what members are thinking, so
yomamma said:
so I have 2 drinks named after me :biggrin:

it should be a dessert drink. how about milk, cream, and ice. first blended, then whipped. then a dollop of whipped cream on top, liquor, and of course, an umbrella
Stop trying to slip the liquor in. But I see great minds think alike that it should be a dessert type drink. :approve:

Physics news on Phys.org
yomamma said:
so I have 2 drinks named after me :biggrin:
Sure, why not.
it should be a dessert drink. how about milk, cream, and ice. first blended, then whipped. then a dollop of whipped cream on top, liquor, and of course, an umbrella
Sounds fine. There should be an adult version though, with a shot of something in it.

What do we call the adult version?

zoobyshoe said:
What do we call the adult version?
I have a really good idea for a name, but I think it may even be too tasteless for this crowd (and not sure the censors will let it stand). :rolleyes:

Hey, barkeep, where's that pitcher of Flying Zoobies?

Moonbear said:
I have a really good idea for a name, but I think it may even be too tasteless for this crowd (and not sure the censors will let it stand). :rolleyes:
I can sense there's a really good one, but it's out of my reach just now.
I don't think I can even remember the recipe. Parson's@ Vodka and Firefly's@ Rum? It's back somewhere in the Stupid Quetion thread.

Moonbear said:
One pitcher coming up.

And I think SOS will be dropping in soon.

Moonbear said:
Okay, one Yomamma's Milk coming up:

We'll make this one with milk, some caramel syrup, a scoop of coffee ice cream, blend it all well, top it with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
And a shot of rum.

I don't drink alcohle and I hate milk so I should leave here. :devil:

Danger said:
Just want to check in. It's absolutely pissing down rain here; I had to walk half a mile to the bank after work since this is payday; had other errands to do; my bumbershoot turned inside-out on me 3 times because there's a wind strong enough to blow a pig off its feet; then stopped at the Legion for a beer (30 oz; I have my own mug there); ran into a couple of friends that I rarely see, so that turned into 3 beers; ran across the street to the liquor store and bought a dozen to take home; paid $5 for a cab home (the fare was $3.50, but I used to drive the damned things so I tip well); and now I have to cab it down to the bar because I promised a woman that I'd be there for her daughter's 18th birthday). So, if anyone wonders why my posting has been a bit lax lately, that's the sort of week it's been. (Oh yeah... I have to work in the morning, so I don't know what shape I'll be in the next time you hear from me.)
Meanwhile, carry on. I've loved reading this thread, but I just can't properly respond right now.
I thought you had a great time out of here and that's why you're not around here as much as before.

Lisa! said:
I don't drink alcohle and I hate milk so I should leave here.
Well, how 'bout a fruit drink - with a very tropical mix.

We can do smoothies!

Astronuc said:
Well, how 'bout a fruit drink - with a very tropical mix.

We can do smoothies!
That's good but I prefer fruites instead of fruit drink.Before I came here,I ate a terrible ice-cream

Lisa! said:
That's good but I prefer fruites instead of fruit drink.Before I came here,I ate a terrible ice-cream
We can do fruit salads too.

Do you prefer berries - raspberry, blueberry and blackberry, or something more tropical like mango, guava, papaya and peach?

Returning from the Crushed Velvet Lounge...

Astronuc said:
How about a Tappas bar?

And Friday night is Fajita/Margarita night or Beer and Pizza night.
I love to watch good salsa dancing. In keeping with the international spirit, this sounds good for TGIF!
Math Is Hard said:
Hi Sis! It's my busy season I'm afraid. Fiscal New Year is approaching at work and it's just not quite the party you'd think it would be.
But now that I'm here, I'll have a Flying Zoobie, please - hold the flaming marshmallows. :smile:
You live on the edge don't you! :biggrin:
Danger said:
there's a wind strong enough to blow a pig off its feet.
Err, what?
Danger said:
then stopped at the Legion for a beer (30 oz; I have my own mug there
Well I tell you what, you can have a personal mug here too. :smile:
yomamma said:
you know what? since you guys won't give me a moonbear madness, because I'm "underage" I should have a drink named after me!
Roy Rogers is already taken...hmm...

*Note to self - see if brewnog can hire a bouncer to prevent trolls from entering...*

I still can't find the bathroom.

Astronuc said:
We can do fruit salads too.

Do you prefer berries - raspberry, blueberry and blackberry, or something more tropical like mango, guava, papaya and peach?
:-p :-p All of them are perfect.I can't choose one of them.

Ivan Seeking said:
The problem is you've always had way too much to drink by the time you ask this.

(I suspect this may be just another version of

hmmm... )

Ivan Seeking said:
Didn't you double park it in the Caption Thread?

Ivan Seeking said:

http://img106.echo.cx/img106/4605/scared4jc.jpg

last girl who couldn't find the bathroom... better start looking for it now before its too late!

Gale17 said:
http://img106.echo.cx/img106/4605/scared4jc.jpg

last girl who couldn't find the bathroom... better start looking for it now before its too late!
I suppose we could sell Depends...

SOS2008 said:
I suppose we could sell Depends...

HAHAHA! excellent! its a new marketing campaign for your bar. we don't have bathrooms cause you can go in your pants! think of all the more drinking you can do if you don't ever have to leave your bar stool!

Gale17 said:
At the Swap Meet here they have a Roach Coach where I usually get a coffee. They have some rickety folding chairs strewn around old, beat up card tables. The chairs and the tables all rock back and forth. I once spilled a coffee onto my crotch with a result very like that photo.

Gale17 said:
HAHAHA! excellent! its a new marketing campaign for your bar. we don't have bathrooms cause you can go in your pants! think of all the more drinking you can do if you don't ever have to leave your bar stool!
Shhhh... That's right, here's the slogan:

"Depends are not just for bladder control problems."

I think the guys would really like this when we have a good game on in the sports area.

And since this is a Science Forum, I'm think we should install a transporter to an observatory above... maybe an atrium with rare flowers for botanists...

here's the tiki bar's new bathroom:

http://applecrumble.net/blog/images/empty_beer_bottles.jpg

With a large selections of "toilets" including bud light, dos eques, and more!

Last edited by a moderator:
SOS2008 said:
Shhhh... That's right, here's the slogan:

"Depends are not just for bladder control problems."

I think the guys would really like this when we have a good game on in the sports area.

And since this is a Science Forum, I'm think we should install a transporter to an observatory above... maybe an atrium with rare flowers for botanists...
and what's the tiki bar's budget?

zoobyshoe said:
At the Swap Meet here they have a Roach Coach where I usually get a coffee. They have some rickety folding chairs strewn around old, beat up card tables. The chairs and the tables all rock back and forth. I once spilled a coffee onto my crotch with a result very like that photo.
Yeh, I was thinking that too -- I was a waitress in high school, and another waitress and I collided. She was carrying a tray of water glasses, which spilled on me like that. The Manager wouldn't let me leave to change--needless to say I left that job.

Last edited:
zoobyshoe said:
Clever excuse but well nobody acceepts it!

yomamma said:
and what's the tiki bar's budget?
Aside from profits generated by the establishment, we have silent partners, such as EvoCorp, Bernhardt & Seeking Inc. (sorry I said this incorrectly earlier), etc.

Ive also heard of places that have oxygen bars--great for after you've been on the dance floor. I've been researching various things--It really depends on what the members want. :-p

SOS2008 said:
Aside from profits generated by the establishment, we have silent partners, such as EvoCorp, Bernhardt & Seeking Inc. (sorry I said this incorrectly earlier), etc.
well, yomamma electrical wholesale, or YEW, has plenty of money to donate to the tiki bar

Ivan Seeking said:
You go through the beaded curtains behind you and hang a left. Pass two doors, one on the left, one on the right, then go through the next beaded curtain on the right. You'll find yourself in a hall. Go down this hall to the door straight in front of you at the end. This door sticks, push hard. To the right are stairs going up. Go left, though, and take the stairs down two flights.

If you see the kitchen, you're on the right floor. If not go back up a half flight, turn around, and come back down. Pass the guys in the dirty white uniforms who are washing dishes and mopping. Continue to the guys who are playing cards, and hang a left. You should see a door that says "Employees Only". That's a supply closet. Duck in there real quick and grab a roll of Toilet Paper if needed. If not, go back up to the second hallway, and take the third doorway with the beaded curtain instead of the second. You'll find yourself in a room with one door. Knock on the door. If no one answers, open the door. You'll be facing the street at the side of the bar. This is where the cabs wait. Those cabbies are wizards at finding their way around. Any one of them can give you superb directions to the bathroom.

Best of luck, and Godspeed.

zoobyshoe said:
You go through the beaded curtains behind you and hang a left. Pass two doors, one on the left, one on the right, then go through the next beaded curtain on the right. You'll find yourself in a hall. Go down this hall to the door straight in front of you at the end. This door sticks, push hard. To the right are stairs going up. Go left, though, and take the stairs down two flights.

If you see the kitchen, you're on the right floor. If not go back up a half flight, turn around, and come back down. Pass the guys in the dirty white uniforms who are washing dishes and mopping. Continue to the guys who are playing cards, and hang a left. You should see a door that says "Employees Only". That's a supply closet. Duck in there real quick and grab a roll of Toilet Paper if needed. If not, go back up to the second hallway, and take the third doorway with the beaded curtain instead of the second. You'll find yourself in a room with one door. Knock on the door. If no one answers, open the door. You'll be facing the street at the side of the bar. This is where the cabs wait. Those cabbies are wizards at finding their way around. Any one of them can give you superb directions to the bathroom.

Best of luck, and Godspeed.

I have a copy of the directions from there, a cabbie wrote them out for me:
directions said:
from the outside, go back in the door. take two flights of stairs down. you should see a door that says "bathroom" enter the door. you will find a long hallway which consist of 176 doors leading to different rooms. take the very last one on the left. now, you're in a room that's barely big enough to hold you. there's a tile pattern on the floor. step on the red tile and open the door. you will be back in the hallway, with 275 doors added. (the wall moves back and forth) again, take the last one. you will see a 5 manholes in the room. go down the one in the middle.

you will now be in the tiki bar's basement. at the very end of the basement, you will see 12 pipes. the biggest pipe has a gigantic "biohazard" sticker on it. remove the sticker, and a door will be revealed. go in the door, and you will find that this huge pipe is actually an elevator. take it to the very top floor. now, you're in a room with one window. go out the window, via the ladder. go down until you see a green tinted window. go in there. you will find yourself in a HUGE hallway which has 1093 doors. take the 407th on the right. slide down the pole. you will be in the tiki bar's lower basement. there is a door, do not take it. instead, take the hole on the floor. now you're in the very lowest basement. there are two doors. take the one on the left while traveling in the fourth dimension. you will now be in the bathroom. after you're done, take the back door in the bathroom and you will find yourself back in the bar.

whew! zooby, I see how much typing you had to do!

We need a great music for dance.

we need zoobie music!

yomamma said:
we need zoobie music!
It's good for Franzbear funeral.
nobody'd come to the bar and we have to close it. :cry:

how about zooby music?

That's worse but at least we would have 1 customer!but he has to dance alone.

NVM then. go to Ivan's hard rock thread to find some music

Back