What Makes the Tiki Bar the Favorite Lounge for Members?

• Thread starter SOS2008
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Box
In summary: Ummm, I love chicken enchiladas. When do you think it'll be ready? :tongue2:About an hour, come on over. Bring drinks. :tongue2:The Entertainment has a pretty good rack.Welcome to one of the favorite PF lounges--the Tiki Bar (moved from Philosophy to the new location in General Discussion). At the Tiki Bar members can enjoy exotic drinks and great entertainment. The Tiki Bar also offers fine dining or simply relax on the veranda and enjoy the view. Of course the favorite activity of all at the Tiki Bar is the comment box. We like to hear what members are thinking, so
wolram said:
What a load of cobblers, get out of the bar and into the real world,
on reflection, "run like mad to the bar".

I was down your neck of the woods on Friday night Wolram. It's understandable why people round there might prefer to spend time in a virtual bar...

Physics news on Phys.org
Lisa! said:
Me ,too! :cry: but I'm sure we all will forget him 1 day!
we even didn't attend his funeral!
are you stupid or something?! his funeral is in 26 minutes! I'm getting ready. it's takiing place right here at the tiki bar!

brewnog said:
I was down your neck of the woods on Friday night Wolram. It's understandable why people round there might prefer to spend time in a virtual bar...
I used to get free drinks at my favorite bar... now my favorite people who worked there have left. :cry:

TheStatutoryApe said:
I used to get free drinks at my favorite bar... now my favorite people who worked there have left. :cry:
They were probably fired for giving free drinks -- way to go. :-p Oh...here's a Moonbeast. You just drink that down and you'll feel better. :devil:

Comment Box: In the summer I would walk into my office and comment on how my pants were sticking to my arse. Do you think that was unprofessional?

*looks around* Geez, you guys all look like you just came back from a funeral. Moonbear Madnesses and Flying Zoobies all around!

SOS2008 said:
Comment Box: In the summer I would walk into my office and comment on how my pants were sticking to my arse. Do you think that was unprofessional?
Yeah, nothing more unprofessional than walking in with your pants clinging to your arse. Next time drop them down to your knees like the kids do. That'll solve the problem. :devil: :-p

SOS2008 said:
Not to a street walker. :biggrin: :rolleyes: Not that I am making any inferences, btw.

I'm thirsty. I know zoobyshoe probably won't allow it so I'll say it in secret.

can I have some virgin flying zooby?

SOS2008 said:
They were probably fired for giving free drinks -- way to go. :-p Oh...here's a Moonbeast. You just drink that down and you'll feel better. :devil:
Actually one of them was fired but it was because he stopped coming in on time. He wasn't very happy that he was expected to be there when ever the boss wanted and rarely got a day off.
*eyes drink suspiciously*
SOS said:
drawing attention to your arse could be unprofessional but I'd say it depends on how nice it is. :-p

yomamma said:
I'm thirsty. I know zoobyshoe probably won't allow it so I'll say it in secret.

can I have some virgin flying zooby?
I'm not sure zoobies are allowed to be virgins.

Moonbear said:
Yeah, nothing more unprofessional than walking in with your pants clinging to your arse. Next time drop them down to your knees like the kids do. That'll solve the problem. :devil: :-p
:smile: I knew I could count on your usual bad influence, I mean good advice.
Astronuc said:
Not to a street walker. :biggrin: :rolleyes: Not that I am making any inferences, btw.
Okay, it was an office with only a few female employees. I admit it--I'm not quite that whacky-heh. :rolleyes:

What a day! I need a Moonbear Madness (I don't remember what a Flying Zoobie is). I don't know how people drink the Moonbeast with the :devil: added!

Comment Box: If you're eating and notice crumbs on your lap, is it okay to eat the crumbs?

SOS said:
Comment Box: If you're eating and notice crumbs on your lap, is it okay to eat the crumbs?
Yes. And you should also remember to share.

TheStatutoryApe said:
Yes. And you should also remember to share.
:smile:

Comment Box: Pot-flavored candy?

http://img109.echo.cx/img109/9368/050621potcandyvmed1pvmedium15r.jpg

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8305249/

SOS2008 said:
Comment Box: Pot-flavored candy?

http://img109.echo.cx/img109/9368/050621potcandyvmed1pvmedium15r.jpg

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8305249/

How could that be tasty?

TheStatutoryApe said:
How could that be tasty?
I know, the candy cigarettes were good!

yomamma said:
are you stupid or something?! his funeral is in 26 minutes! I'm getting ready. it's takiing place right here at the tiki bar!
Yes,I'm something(a n00b!)

Well, franzbear's funeral was embarrasing. moonbear just got back from the tiki bar after a few drinks. she thought it was an open coffin funeral. franzbear no longer looks like he used to after that. and then artman was crying so much that dextercioby kicked his ass. now artman's in the hospital, and dex is in the county jail. then, when everyone wad about to leave, moonbear was arrested for "indecent exposure".

then SOS was advertising the tiki bar and ended up breaking someone's wisheild. the tiki bar is being sued for $450,000! we'll have to start selling pot suckers!

Damn!I couldn't attend his funeral!

brewnog said:

Hey and you didnt call in, we don't bite any more you know :biggrin:

If anyone wants to call in its the first gate after the station, follow
the footpath for three miles and you will come to a stream, turn left,
keep going until you come to the fallen tree across the stream, be
careful it is slippery, when you are across look to your right and you
will see my house, shout hello and i will tie the dogs up, mind you
dont step in the horse do do.
I had an uncle that went to Sheffield, He said the beer was watered down,
so none of us want go there.

yomamma said:
Well, franzbear's funeral was embarrasing. moonbear just got back from the tiki bar after a few drinks. she thought it was an open coffin funeral. franzbear no longer looks like he used to after that. and then artman was crying so much that dextercioby kicked his ass. now artman's in the hospital, and dex is in the county jail. then, when everyone wad about to leave, moonbear was arrested for "indecent exposure".

then SOS was advertising the tiki bar and ended up breaking someone's wisheild. the tiki bar is being sued for $450,000! we'll have to start selling pot suckers!
Now come on yomamma, that's not quite how things went. We are only being sued for $450. :-p But I think your idea about selling pot suckers is a good un. Also, take-out. We'll call it the "drink and drive window"--just kiddin'). :smile:

SOS2008 said:
:smile: Oh, the thoughts that question elicits. :devil: :rolleyes: o:) :smile:

Actually, I am filling in for Danger. He really needs to be here to respond appropriately, or inappropriately as the case may be. :biggrin:

Sorry, but I have had a bit too much of phonon conduction, polaron hopping and ambipolar diffusion.

I need to go and have my brain washed. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Astronuc said:
I need to go and have my brain washed. :biggrin:
why not just a haircut?

SOS2008 said:
Now come on yomamma, that's not quite how things went. We are only being sued for $450. [\QUOTE]
SOS, you were drunk, I was not. it was 450,000. now how are we gping to raise the money?here's what we have so far...

-drink 'n' drive winow
-pot suckers

how about we let people ride a zooby brush mobile for $10 each?

yomamma said:
SOS2008 said:
Now come on yomamma, that's not quite how things went. We are only being sued for $450. [\QUOTE]
SOS, you were drunk, I was not. it was 450,000. now how are we gping to raise the money?here's what we have so far...

-drink 'n' drive winow
-pot suckers

how about we let people ride a zooby brush mobile for $10 each?
Oh, you've misunderstood. The Tiki Bar was floating near South Korea at the time. That was 450,000 KRW, which is only about 450 USD. :biggrin:

oh... gotcha :wink:

Astronuc said:
:smile: Oh, the thoughts that question elicits. :devil: :rolleyes: o:) :smile:

Actually, I am filling in for Danger. He really needs to be here to respond appropriately, or inappropriately as the case may be. :biggrin:
Maybe something like" In this case the 5-second rule is the minimum?" Oh...a brain wash won't do -- I need a lobotomy!

Whooohooo! Drinks on the house for the birthday boys!

yomamma!
Now get out there and start selling the merchandise!

A brain wash, that sounds like a good drink name! That's got to be even stronger than a Moonbeast. Maybe we need to make it with Everclear. :eek: :bugeye: Ahhh...smooth.

Moonbear said:
A brain wash, that sounds like a good drink name! That's got to be even stronger than a Moonbeast. Maybe we need to make it with Everclear. :eek: :bugeye: Ahhh...smooth.
Or maybe you mean the BrainWash is made with...Evoclear :devil: :cool: :devil: ? I'll try one! But maybe I should arrange for one of those designated drivers first. I came on roller blades, and last time I did a "slam & skate" I jacked-up my knee.

2CentsWorth said:
Or maybe you mean the BrainWash is made with...Evoclear :devil: :cool: :devil: ? I'll try one! But maybe I should arrange for one of those designated drivers first. I came on roller blades, and last time I did a "slam & skate" I jacked-up my knee.

Don't worry, we have a taxi service. I'm still trying to figure out how we manage that while floating out in international waters, but I guess the physicists around here are really good at what they do. :bugeye:

Moonbear said:
Don't worry, we have a taxi service. I'm still trying to figure out how we manage that while floating out in international waters, but I guess the physicists around here are really good at what they do. :bugeye:
Yep, who needs a taxi boat when we can just use the transporter? :biggrin:

I really need to rant. I understand there is a comment box around here:

"Blah blah blah, grumble grunt, aargh, yada yada yada, grumble aargh!"

Okay, I feel better now (or maybe it's just the BrainWash kicking in?). Beam me up, Scottie!

http://www.bevnet.com/images/reviews/skel/skel-brainwash.jpg BevNET[/URL] Review: Brain Wash is perhaps one of the most exotic of the Skeleteens beverages, and definitely the one with greatest amount of food coloring. It contains numerous herbs, several types of ginseng, and an interesting kick of jalepeno pepper. Probably due to the jalepeno, the taste is similar to The Drink. Brain Wash is a bright blue color, which will temporarily dye anything it comes in contact with. It is also rumored to dye the drinker's feces and urine, but that failed to occur for this drinker. Despite its novelty, it can't really be considered a superior beverage, because it's spiciness makes it difficult for the average system to tolerate. On an interesting side note, however, a bit of hard liquor mixed into Brain Wash will combat the burning sensation and go down smooth.
Just add some vodka. Or maybe some Evoclear. :bugeye:
Another interesting one...
http://www.bevnet.com/images/reviews/skel/skel-lovepotion-purple.jpg BevNET[/URL] Review: Yet another strange creation from Skeleteens. Also know as "The beverage that tastes exactly the same as the spicy beverage, but it isn't spicy because it doesn't have jalepeño in it." That basically sums it up. Its a bunch of roots and weeds, bark, and nuts (ok, we exaggerated, its really just herbs). Anyway, it is basically the same thing as The Drink, except that it does not have jalepeño in it. Other than that, the ingredients are identical. Much better than the spicy beverage. This one is herbal satisfaction...an interesting flavor. We personally prefer the red one over the purple...its got a much lighter taste.
They don't mention it but one of the ingredients is Jasmine. Definitely interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
VODKA!

Jasmine? How'd she get in there?

SOS2008 said:
yomamma!
Now get out there and start selling the merchandise!
NOT SO LOUD!

I've already sold 867 pot suckers and we've raised about $4

:smile: :smile:

TheStatutoryApe said:
Brain Wash is a bright blue color, which will temporarily dye anything it comes in contact with. It is also rumored to dye the drinker's feces and urine...
No, no! That's like Blue Hawaiians, and it does turn you into a smurf!
yomamma said:
...I've already sold 867 pot suckers and we've raised about $4
So how did you give change for a penny? :confused:

*shakes glass*
"Another one of these, barkeep. Keep 'em coming 'til I hit the floor, please."

:)

Back