Which Circle of Dante's Inferno Fits You Best?

• Thread starter Zeteg
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about taking the Dante's Inferno Test and sharing the results with each other. The test places individuals in different levels of Hell based on their sins, with the Sixth Level being for heretics. The conversation also includes a summary of the punishments for each level and a humorous exchange about being evil and going to Hell.
Smurf said:
Franz, mobilize the minions, we're going to overthrow Satan's reign and claim hell for ourselves.

Two steps ahead of you, there's just the claiming part left.

Physics news on Phys.org
Fifth level. Amazing. I was certain I'd get the heretic level.

Purgatory Repenting Believers | Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo Virtuous Non-Believers | Very Low
Level 2 Lustful | Moderate
Level 3 Gluttonous | High
Level 4 Prodigal and Avaricious | High
Level 5 Wrathful and Gloomy | Extreme
Level 6 - The City of Dis Heretics | Very High
Level 7 Violent | High
Level 8- the Malebolge | Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers Very High
Level 9 - Cocytus Treacherous | High

Really, this is a very shallow breakdown. If I actually believed in God, I'd let him deal with the baddies. Failing that, I have no choice but to take matters into my own hands, even though violence isn't really my thing. :smile: so I actually belong in the sixth level.

Alright, time to get some sleep...

franznietzsche said:
Two steps ahead of you, there's just the claiming part left.
Once again #2 you have proven your resourcefullness and loyalty. I should reward you, you can have levels 1-4 for your own personal enjoyment.

Edit: Sleep is so overrated.

Level Level 1 - Limbo Virtuous Non-Believers Very High
Level 2 Lustful Moderate
Level 3 Gluttonous Moderate
Level 4 Prodigal and Avaricious Very Low
Level 5 Wrathful and Gloomy Low
Level 6 - The City of Dis Heretics Very High
Level 7 Violent Moderate
Level 8- the Malebolge Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers Moderate
Level 9 - Cocytus Treacherous Low

A Heretic in Limbo

Level 1 o:)
Or is that just what I want you to think?? :devil:

Actually Limbo doesn't sound all that bad... or different.

Purgatory Repenting Believers Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo Virtuous Non-Believers Very High
Level 2 Lustful Moderate
Level 3 Gluttonous Low
Level 4 Prodigal and Avaricious Very Low
Level 5 Wrathful and Gloomy Low
Level 6 - The City of Dis Heretics Very High
Level 7 Violent Low
Level 8- the Malebolge Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers Moderate
Level 9 - Cocytus Treacherous Low

Charon ushers you across the river Acheron, and you find yourself upon the brink of grief's abysmal valley. You are in Limbo, a place of sorrow without torment. You encounter a seven-walled castle, and within those walls you find rolling fresh meadows illuminated by the light of reason, whereabout many shades dwell. These are the virtuous pagans, the great philosophers and authors, unbaptised children, and others unfit to enter the kingdom of heaven. You share company with Caesar, Homer, Virgil, Socrates, and Aristotle. There is no punishment here, and the atmosphere is peaceful, yet sad.

Sounds a little like Earth actually...

Charon ushers you across the river Acheron, and you find yourself upon the brink of grief's abysmal valley. You are in Limbo, a place of sorrow without torment. You encounter a seven-walled castle, and within those walls you find rolling fresh meadows illuminated by the light of reason, whereabout many shades dwell. These are the virtuous pagans, the great philosophers and authors, unbaptised children, and others unfit to enter the kingdom of heaven. You share company with Caesar, Homer, Virgil, Socrates, and Aristotle. There is no punishment here, and the atmosphere is peaceful, yet sad.
Limbo for me too.
It's not so bad. We can play limbo. I used to be very good in limbo when I was younger and more lenient.

I was Purgatory.

The Bob (2004 ©)

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Purgatory

You have escaped damnation and made it to Purgatory, a place where the dew of repentance washes off the stain of sin and girds the spirit with humility. Through contrition, confession, and satisfaction by works of righteousness, you must make your way up the mountain. As the sins are cleansed from your soul, you will be illuminated by the Sun of Divine Grace, and you will join other souls, smiling and happy, upon the summit of this mountain. Before long you will know the joys of Paradise as you ascend to the ethereal realm of Heaven.

Apparently liars get to go to purgatory, it is something to keep in mind. The quiz has a lot of "general information" questions, and you are given a short time line to complete it, you think you are having some fun, but really you are answering a security questionnaire.

P.S. The use of the spell checker has taught me more about misspelling, than I have learned in years. Some people think it is a lazy man's tool, I think it is a great learning tool. My posts be what they are, but they are spelled correctly.

Now, if they just had a 'comma' checker. :smile:

Sorry, couldn't resist one of those 'famous last words' moments.

now I'll go to hell, for sure

Galileo said:
I used to be very good in limbo when I was younger and more lenient.

:smile: :cry: That has to be the greatest line ever! :smile:

Dayle Record said:
The quiz has a lot of "general information" questions, and you are given a short time line to complete it, you think you are having some fun, but really you are answering a security questionnaire.

You know, that thought came to mind when I got to the question asking about whether you've considered committing treason, or something like that. I was wondering how long it would be before the Secret Service or FBI showed up at the door if someone answered yes. :rolleyes:

Smurf said:
Once again #2 you have proven your resourcefullness and loyalty. I should reward you, you can have levels 1-4 for your own personal enjoyment.

Edit: Sleep is so overrated.

Score, i get to rule over the lust level!

I kiss up a lot and i reach purgatory...
But i was lying in my answers, anyway i am in purgatory now. :approve:

Enjoy your hot showers :devil: :biggrin:

Moses said:
I kiss up a lot and i reach purgatory...
But i was lying in my answers, anyway i am in purgatory now. :approve:

Enjoy your hot showers :devil: :biggrin:
I was purgatory but I answered truthfully.

The Bob (2004 ©)

The Bob said:
I was purgatory but I answered truthfully.

The Bob (2004 ©)

Well, i guess if i answered hoenstly i might got the same result, but with less "score", since in my first try i was just trying to got "perfect" mark as what they expect the "correct" answers.

Well, done, TheBob.

Level 12-The Cave of the Rotten Bastard

"You piece of crap! Satan has created a new level just for you. You will not be tormented by demons simply because you make them sick. Once a week on Hell's version of "Fear Factor" 4 contestants will attempt to talk to you for 3 minutes without vomitting. Satan was heard to reply that had you been alive and him not immortal you would have his job. The levels filled with human excrement drain into your cave, where the waste is cleaned simply in comparison to your true rottenness. Please don't die, you've already ruined Earth no need to bring Hell down as well."

Seems a bit brutal to me.

Purgatory: Low
Level 1: High
Level 2: High
Level 3: Moderate
Level 4: Very Low
Level 5: Low
Level 6: Moderate
Level 7: Low
Level 8: Moderate
Level 9: Low

Assigned to lvl2, but maybe I can talk Saddam into convincing Satan to displace me to lvl1 by telling him I was against the war in Iraq. Homer, Socrates and Aristoteles propose to be better company than Cleopatra (or Helen, whoever that is).
Seeing your violence-lvls I´m quite happy that I´m anonymous here :biggrin:

Moses said:
Well, i guess if i answered hoenstly i might got the same result, but with less "score", since in my first try i was just trying to got "perfect" mark as what they expect the "correct" answers.

Well, done, TheBob.
Thank you, thanks you. :biggrin:

The Bob (2004 ©)

We are talking about a Biblical Hell here, right?
The answer is no individual deserves to spend an eternity there.
*saved myself from answering too many questions*

Sixth level.

BoulderHead said:
We are talking about a Biblical Hell here, right?
The answer is no individual deserves to spend an eternity there.
*saved myself from answering too many questions*
Of course they do. If i choose to do what i ought not do, and consequently harm my own soul, Is it not reasonable to say that my fragmented, destroyed, crumbling soul should forever live in a destructive world for eternity?

It does seem though, that God is demanding.

The thing that sort of pisses me off -- and yes i realize this thread is only a joke -- is that we are attempting to judge ourselves. Judging ourselves on this scale is impossible.

But i guess this is beyond the scope of the General Discussion Forum.

If i choose to do what i ought not do, and consequently harm my own soul, Is it not reasonable to say that my fragmented, destroyed, crumbling soul should forever live in a destructive world for eternity?
You make it sound as if you have fragmented, destroyed, and crumbled your soul prior to be condemned and sent to Hell. Interesting twist but my answer remains the same.

Little tests like this...

Again, I say, you are taking the test. It asks a bunch of fuzzy, nonesense questions. Do you like cats, or dogs? Are you a people person, or a solitary sort? Have you ever thought about offing a Federal Judge? Where do you buy your ammunition? Have you had a recent identity change?

Yes, I never truthfully take these innocuous online IQ tests, quizzes, or personality typing things. I do read the questions, but the answers I give will always fall into the super virtuous or normal.

then why take them? You probably cheat at solitaire too. That's a sin isn't it?

Back