Disney World PF Gathering and Tips for Disney Mania!

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
In summary: This couscous and tagine restaurant is quite popular and usually has a long wait. Try coming at night when it’s less crowded.9. Yacht Club at the Epcot resort – This club has a beautiful view of the fireworks show at Epcot. However, this is a “resort” so it’s quite pricey. You may be able to get in if you call the club in advance and ask if there are any openings.10. The Living Seas – Usually there are long lines for this aquarium, but it’s worth the wait. You get to see all kinds of neat fish and amphibians.
ZapperZ said:
Happy, happy, happy! Joy, joy, joy!

It's good to have friends. Today, I received the long-awaited shipment of the stuff I asked a friend to buy on July 17, the official 50th Birthday of Disneyland. The first picture shows the Disneyland golden Mickey ears hat. I got 4 of those. So now there is no possibility of me fighting it out with Integral's daughter for this hat. There are also special dated park booklets for that day, and a few limited edition pins.

However, the STAR attraction of this package is the specially-handed out Mickey golden ears hat with a special decal in front (2nd picture) and the embroided data on the back (3rd picture)! This hat was handed out to the guests that day and cannot be bought. I only got one, and I will have to find a special place to display this.

OK... I'm happy... for now!

:)

Zz.

OK, so remember that from a while back? Here's a bit of an update since then.

The dated mickey ears hat has been under "protected custody" since it arrived. This is to prevent people and their grubby hands from picking it up and squishing it. After looking around, I bought a special display case for it. It is now prominently displayed above my living room TV as show below:

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/1834/img13158fw.jpg

Needless to say, it does become a conversation piece when I have guests. They first want to know why is the mickey ears hat has a different color (Disneyland Golden celebration), and then why is it under a display case (it's SPECIAL and you can't find them anymore unless you're willing to pay big bucks for it). I also brought out the "regular" golden mickey ears hat from Disney World and Disneyland that you can still get (at least for the next few months anyway) and point out the differences.

<Sigh>... the things a Disneyholic has to do...

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Just like the Sheriff Mickey pin from a while back, this is a straightforward, simple pin that turns out to be delightful. It's an open edition pin that will be released next week.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904131.jpg

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
OK, so remember that from a while back? Here's a bit of an update since then.

The dated mickey ears hat has been under "protected custody" since it arrived. This is to prevent people and their grubby hands from picking it up and squishing it. After looking around, I bought a special display case for it. It is now prominently displayed above my living room TV as show below:

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/1834/img13158fw.jpg
I[/URL] can't see the picture. :frown: Can you upload it as an attachment?

That's odd...the picture was there earlier, and now it's a broken link.

I want that "since 1971" pin, mostly because that's the year I was born, so it's really appropriate for me. :biggrin:

no,no, no, no, no, moonbear, it doesn't day 1971 BC...I know you and the sisters wish it did tho.

*runs and hides*

yomamma said:
no,no, no, no, no, moonbear, it doesn't day 1971 BC...I know you and the sisters wish it did tho.

*runs and hides*
*deducts one GOOBF card from yomamma's account* You'll run out of those sooner or later you know.

I have 405 of them...

yomamma said:
I have 405 of them...
All expired I'm afraid. :-p

Ok, now I can see Zz's picture. That's great Zz! I like the picture frames too!

yomamma said:
I have 405 of them...
Well, I know ZZ is going to deduct one for every time you've tried to derail his Disney thread. :devil: That should bring you down to about 5 left. We'll make quick work of those. :devil:

Evo said:
Oh dear, is he trying to use those one-day-only GOOBF cards from the TKC thread? :rolleyes: Sorry, yomamma, but if the box with the expiration date in it is defaced in any way, we're not going to be able to accept them.

I like them as well...though I was squinting at the monitor trying to see if I could find Zz in the photos...but they're a bit too small. :frown: What on Earth was he watching on TV when he took that picture? It looks like a farmer's market on the screen. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
What on Earth was he watching on TV when he took that picture? It looks like a farmer's market on the screen. :biggrin:
Yes, they're showing some big organic pepper according to the sign, but they look like cataloupes. :biggrin:

Evo said:
Yes, they're showing some big organic pepper according to the sign, but they look like cataloupes. :biggrin:

Humm.. what's on TV and on the TV since to get more attention!

I was watching Chef's A-Field on PBS-HD. It's a show where chefs use only natural, organic ingredients and visit the farms or places where they get their ingredients.

As for the picture frames, the one of the left should be available when we get there in Jan. I love that frame - it shows the Fab 5 on a holiday. The one on the right is the frame you can get in the Tower of Terror gift store. It now has a picture of us right before we drop 13 floors (whoopie!). We should buy one of these pictures when all of us go on that ride (we need to convince Evo that she'll like it, Moonbie).

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
We should buy one of these pictures when all of us go on that ride (we need to convince Evo that she'll like it, Moonbie).

Zz.
Don't look at me, you still have a lot of convincing to do to get me on it. And since it seems you're more interested in the Disney cruise crew members exposing themselves to you, clinging to each other in terror isn't as convincing of an argument anymore. :-p You really should have mentioned that desire before our engagement. :rolleyes: :smile:

Evo said:

they say: UNEXPIRABLE

yomamma said:
they say: UNEXPIRABLE
:bugeye: They're counterfeits! No such GOOBF cards were ever issued.

Moonbear said:
Don't look at me, you still have a lot of convincing to do to get me on it. And since it seems you're more interested in the Disney cruise crew members exposing themselves to you, clinging to each other in terror isn't as convincing of an argument anymore. :-p You really should have mentioned that desire before our engagement. :rolleyes: :smile:

You're not planning on dumping me before we get to the Disney altar, are you?

[ZapperZ sobs and wails "Always a bridesmaid but never a bride!"]

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
[ZapperZ sobs and wails "Always a bridesmaid but never a bride!"]
Well, see, that's the problem...I kind of had my heart set on being the bride, and I'm not willing to compromise on that one. :frown:

Moonbear said:
Well, see, that's the problem...I kind of had my heart set on being the bride, and I'm not willing to compromise on that one. :frown:

Look, if it's an issue of wedding gowns, what if I promise not to wear white (no one would be able to keep a straight face if I do that anyway).

:) :)

But in all of this, Moonbie, just think of ONE thing: Disney Wedding Pavillion!

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Look, if it's an issue of wedding gowns, what if I promise not to wear white (no one would be able to keep a straight face if I do that anyway).
That would make two of us. :smile: We should wear matching Mickey and Minnie outfits (then you can wear the pink polka dot dress with the big bow in your hair, and I won't mind that I'm NOT wearing the pink polka dot dress with a big bow in my hair. :biggrin:)
But in all of this, Moonbie, just think of ONE thing: Disney Wedding Pavillion!
Well...but...but...but...you still can't plan on ogling the crew on our honeymoon cruise!

Moonbear said:
:bugeye: They're counterfeits! No such GOOBF cards were ever issued.
Sure they were, you got drunk and started to throw them around

Moonbear said:
That would make two of us. :smile: We should wear matching Mickey and Minnie outfits (then you can wear the pink polka dot dress with the big bow in your hair, and I won't mind that I'm NOT wearing the pink polka dot dress with a big bow in my hair. :biggrin:)

Humm... I have to think about that. I've never picture myself as Minnie. Cruella deVille, maybe, but not Minnie.

Well...but...but...but...you still can't plan on ogling the crew on our honeymoon cruise!

Oh, you're no fun! Y'know, you can always ogle at the crew with me. :)

Zz.

Last edited:
ZapperZ said:
Oh, you're no fun! Y'know, you can always ogle at the crew with me. :)
Weeeeeelllll...when you put it that way... :biggrin:

Starting Oct. 9th, 2005, parking at WDW increases from $8 to $9 for regular vehicles.

Of course, if you have an annual pass, staying at a Disney resort, or a Disney Vacation Club member, parking is still free throughout WDW.

And if anyone complains about the $9 parking, try getting that for AN HOUR in downtown Chicago!

Zz.

OK, so remember a while back when I was attending the Happiest Pin Celebration at Epcot, and I so wanted that pin set that has Walt Disney picture in the background? Well you heard about the fact that I didn't get it during the 1st 3 random selection process, but I got it during the 4th one that was done right at the event itself.

The pin set/frame finally arrived, and after debating where it should go, I finally have it up hanging on the wall. It is facing right at the front entrance to my place, so you can't miss it as you walk in. Everyone who has seen it admired it very much, and I think this is my most treasured pin set that I own.

Hopefully, some of you might have a chance to see it personally for yourself. :)

Zz.

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/1778/img13203kx.jpg

ZapperZ said:
OK, so remember a while back when I was attending the Happiest Pin Celebration at Epcot, and I so wanted that pin set that has Walt Disney picture in the background? Well you heard about the fact that I didn't get it during the 1st 3 random selection process, but I got it during the 4th one that was done right at the event itself.

The pin set/frame finally arrived, and after debating where it should go, I finally have it up hanging on the wall. It is facing right at the front entrance to my place, so you can't miss it as you walk in. Everyone who has seen it admired it very much, and I think this is my most treasured pin set that I own.

Hopefully, some of you might have a chance to see it personally for yourself. :)

Zz.

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/1778/img13203kx.jpg
[/URL]
Wow! Now that's something that I'd love to display. It has a very classic look with the nice frame and black and white portrait of Disney, and then a whimsical fun side with the character pins on it.

Moonbear said:
Wow! Now that's something that I'd love to display. It has a very classic look with the nice frame and black and white portrait of Disney, and then a whimsical fun side with the character pins on it.

Yup! It also costs a handsome chuck of change!

BTW, all day long, I had this awful cravings for Disney Turkey legs! Don't ask me why, because I don't know! I want what these kids are having!

http://www.mousefunfacts.com/photos/data/502/74turkey_legs_2.JPG

Zz.

Turkey legs...from that place in Tomorrowland? :rolleyes: My step-father sneaks off and breaks his diet over there every time he's at Disney with my mom. If he only went once a year, it could slide, but since they live there and have season passes and go pretty often, it's not good...he's diabetic. Fortunately, or unfortunately for him, he never manages to eat anything without spilling something on his shirt, so we can always tell when he's snuck off to get ice cream too.

:smile:

I love those disney turket legs :-p

Hey, now *I* would wear this pin!

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904300.jpg

Come to think of it, if you ask a few of my friends, they think that some time I behave more like a "jewish princess". :)

"Camping? You want ME to go camping? I don't camp, unless it is catered!"

Zz.

So, anyone else collects Pooh Bear 3D plates? :)

(I know, stupid question)

I started buying these about 3 years ago, and while I didn't go hog wild collecting them, I ended up having quite a few. They are all up on the wall, and I like the fact that they aren't just flat plates.

Yeeesh... another of my quirky addictions is finally revealed...

Zz.

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/4792/img13217yj.jpg

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8417/img13226nj.jpg

Jim Hill talks with Alex Wright, the author of "The Imagineering Field Guide to the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World."

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/article.php?id=1686

Zz.