Do Girls Like Bearded Men?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of whether or not women like men with beards. Some individuals have personal preferences and opinions, while others believe it may depend on factors such as grooming and style. The conversation also touches on the convenience and dislike of shaving, as well as alternative facial hair styles. Overall, it is concluded that personal taste and fashion may play a role in whether or not women are attracted to men with beards.

lisab said:
I used to use soap while shaving my legs, then I went to shaving foam. Recently I tried a non-foaming shave cream and I'll never go back!1! Even in these last few days of temps down to the teens, my skin has stayed normal - no dry itch. I don't know if a similar product is made for men, but compared to soap...well, there is no comparison. Shave cream, that's the stuff!

Ah dang, who cares if it's not intended for men! It doesn't smell flowery, it smells like soap. Click on "Moisturizing Cream Shave"...aaaaah, that's the stuff:

http://www.skintimate.com/

Guys love the smell of a clean woman... not scented... and "soap" is a very common element of that. That said, I'd really hate to have to shave my legs... and the idea of waxing makes me break out in a cold sweat. Guys have to shave more often, but at least it's a relatively small territory.

Physics news on Phys.org

Shave then shower, or shower then shave?

Phrak said:

For me, Shave then shower, but I use a semi-abrasive pre wash to get a close shave. If I were going without of the can foam, I'd probably go for the shower. Still, if you can COMBINE them, that's ideal.

Phrak said:

Shave in the shower. Then make a sandwich.

Topher925 said:
Shave in the shower. Then make a sandwich.

Heheheheh... Hopefully not IN the shower though.

Topher925 said:
Shave in the shower.

I'm inclined. Shaving is not a ritual nor an art form for me. Getting it over with is the priority.

I have a choice between the two former options. Get out of the shower and have an easy time cutting, but the mirror is fogged over, and I'm getting cold. Second, impatiently wait for my beard to soften.

Phrak said:
I'm inclined. Shaving is not a ritual nor an art form for me. Getting it over with is the priority.

I have a choice between the two former options. Get out of the shower and have an easy time cutting, but the mirror is fogged over, and I'm getting cold. Second, impatiently wait for my beard to soften.

Fogged mirror... you old foe...

I find that a nice warm go with a mild abrasive face-wash with hot water does the trick. Beyond that, badger brushes do a fine job of softening the beard and raising hairs. If you can pull it off with a good non-fogging morror in the shower, then you are one lucky dude.

doesn't anyone here uses electric shavers? they are much more convenient and time saving i have one and its really helps and you don't get cuts from it either.

FizixFreak said:
doesn't anyone here uses electric shavers? they are much more convenient and time saving i have one and its really helps and you don't get cuts from it either.

You know, I do sometimes, but I end up having to do pass after pass, and my skin get chaffed. I've tried quite a few, but it may just be my skin/beard. For those who CAN get a good result, I agree... use it! It seems like a dream...

I use an electric shaver and its pretty nice. A lot cheaper in the long run as well. Mine is self cleaning, although I never use the self cleaner as the cartridges for it are expensive.

mcknia07 said:
very few guys can actually pull off facial hair.
Not me. I hammer it down and bite it off on the inside.

I keep mine pretty short -- just beyond scruff.

picklebday.jpg

I don't think it qualifies as a beard, though. When I think of a beard, I picture Astro. :biggrin:

Dembadon said:
I keep mine pretty short -- just beyond scruff.

picklebday.jpg

I don't think it qualifies as a beard, though. When I think of a beard, I picture Astro. :biggrin:

That's a perfectly respectable beard... if we all held ourselvse to Atronuc's high standard, nobody would have them! :wink:

I could do a reasonable impersonation of Astronuc, except mine has now changed from red to gray. (The dark "stripe" is an artefact of the photo).

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 460

AlephZero said:
I could do a reasonable impersonation of Astronuc, except mine has now changed from red to gray. (The dark "stripe" is an artefact of the photo).
Astro has some serious competition. :smile:

Evo said:
Astro has some serious competition. :smile:

OMG it's a "Beard Off"! Let's get some rules on the table!

AlephZero said:

Nice!

I never thought... omg...

ZZ-Top PF COVER BAND!

No beard (too much American Indian in both sides of the family) but I've had a mustache for all the time that I have been with my wife. I shaved one night and returned to our living room/bedroom in our attic apartment, and she shrieked and said "grow it out and don't ever do that again!" I've had a mustache ever since.

She doesn't want me to grow a goatee because my facial hair tends to be white. I have gray temples and she likes that, since I'm bearing down quickly on 59 years, and still have mostly brown/black hair.

turbo-1 said:
No beard (too much American Indian in both sides of the family) but I've had a mustache for all the time that I have been with my wife. I shaved one night and returned to our living room/bedroom in our attic apartment, and she shrieked and said "grow it out and don't ever do that again!" I've had a mustache ever since.

She doesn't want me to grow a goatee because my facial hair tends to be white. I have gray temples and she likes that, since I'm bearing down quickly on 59 years, and still have mostly brown/black hair.

Gray temples... you lucky dog. Women really seem to love that... I just have random gray on the FRONT... not quite a "shock:, but not "going gray"... it's been years like that!

Don't get me wrong, it's bad, but it's a little odd, but I've always wanted a mane of silver hair, or those excellent steely temples. Then again, you've worked harder to earn them old man. :wink:

btw... and I say this as your junior... when did 5* become "old"? The way you talk about yourself, it's hard to remember you're not pushing 70, and only because of self-deprication. Give yourself a break!

nismaratwork said:
btw... and I say this as your junior... when did 5* become "old"? The way you talk about yourself, it's hard to remember you're not pushing 70, and only because of self-deprication. Give yourself a break!
I'm not all that old, but have some health issues, and won't out-last my wife. My father is 85 and he walks several miles per day, and he has a girlfriend who walks with him.

nismaratwork said:
I never thought... omg...
ZZ-Top PF COVER BAND!

There is more truth in that than you knew.

About 10 or 15 years ago there was a major crime committed in Birmingham (UK, not Alabama!) and witnesses reported one of the criminals "looked like the lead guitarist of ZZ Top".

After arresting a suspect, the police issued a general appeal for ZZ Top look-alikes to take part in an indentity parade. Several people told me I ought to do my public duty and volunteer. (But I figured that real ZZ Top look alikes don't know what "public duty" means, so I didn't).

AlephZero said:
There is more truth in that than you knew.

About 10 or 15 years ago there was a major crime committed in Birmingham (UK, not Alabama!) and witnesses reported one of the criminals "looked like the lead guitarist of ZZ Top".

After arresting a suspect, the police issued a general appeal for ZZ Top look-alikes to take part in an indentity parade. Several people told me I ought to do my public duty and volunteer. (But I figured that real ZZ Top look alikes don't know what "public duty" means, so I didn't).

:smile:

turbo-1 said:
I'm not all that old, but have some health issues, and won't out-last my wife. My father is 85 and he walks several miles per day, and he has a girlfriend who walks with him.

Hmmm... you never know.

AlephZero said:

That's pretty impressive! I'm definitely in favor of a beard-off. :biggrin:

I'm also interested to see if either of you have any progress shots. You know, like snapshots of various stages during the growth process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJweeCkyJYI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErmD53OCfZU

Reeeeeeally THHICK! :smile:

DevilsAvocado said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJweeCkyJYI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErmD53OCfZU

Reeeeeeally THHICK! :smile:

Heheheheh

That guy with the cap on... now that's a beard for cold climates!

Enough with the facial hair what about chest hair?

I personally DO NOT want to have chest hair like this guy

[PLAIN]http://www.listicles.com/wp-content/upload/hoff_jacket.jpg

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh...,my eyes they are burning:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

FizixFreak said:
Enough with the facial hair what about chest hair?

I personally DO NOT want to have chest hair like this guy

[PLAIN]http://www.listicles.com/wp-content/upload/hoff_jacket.jpg

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh...,my eyes they are burning:eek:

Oh god...

Just dry heaves... no wait!

Last edited by a moderator:

Personally i actually have a body like this guy

http://www.yaare.com/wp-content/themes/gazette/2010/01/Hugh-Jackman1.jpg

Yeah but some 30-40 pounds are missing but they will come soon enough.

But seriously i was wondering how many guys here actually wax their chests?

FizixFreak said:
But seriously i was wondering how many guys here actually wax their chests?

i don't see any reason for it unless you are into body building.

Greg Bernhardt said:
i don't see any reason for it unless you are into body building.

I can think of one excellent reason not to.

OOOOOWWWWWW

FizixFreak said:
Personally i actually have a body like this guy

http://www.yaare.com/wp-content/themes/gazette/2010/01/Hugh-Jackman1.jpg

Yeah but some 30-40 pounds are missing but they will come soon enough.

I think it helps that he isn't standing there with his hip cocked like a women, in a bannan-hammock (Speedo, crotch emphasizing bathing suit).

'Wolverine' just looks like a really ripped (low body fat, clearly defined musculature) guy, not some kind of freak posing like a girl.

nismaratwork said:
I can think of one excellent reason not to.OOOOOWWWWWW

Well i can give you at least one that is

CHEST HAIR=MANLINESS:biggrin:

FizixFreak said:
Well i can give you at least one that is

CHEST HAIR=MANLINESS:biggrin:

Yeah, I'd have to agree there... a waxed chest looks... odd. On the other hand you have people of asian lineage with little or no chest hair, but... still manage to look manly. I think people look best the way they were born, not after a lot of waxing and junk.

Back