Do Girls Like Bearded Men?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of whether or not women like men with beards. Some individuals have personal preferences and opinions, while others believe it may depend on factors such as grooming and style. The conversation also touches on the convenience and dislike of shaving, as well as alternative facial hair styles. Overall, it is concluded that personal taste and fashion may play a role in whether or not women are attracted to men with beards.

nismaratwork said:
Yeah, I'd have to agree there... a waxed chest looks... odd. On the other hand you have people of asian lineage with little or no chest hair, but... still manage to look manly. I think people look best the way they were born, not after a lot of waxing and junk.

YEP! women also like men with some chest hair or at least that is what i think i guess that can start a very good thread as well.

Physics news on Phys.org

FizixFreak said:
YEP! women also like men with some chest hair or at least that is what i think i guess that can start a very good thread as well.

I'd definitely be interested to hear what the female members think about this... I would agree with you, but I guess we're not the target audience!

Ladies? Chest hair... yea, or nay?

nismaratwork said:
I'd definitely be interested to hear what the female members think about this... I would agree with you, but I guess we're not the target audience!

Ladies? Chest hair... yea, or nay?

I think it depends on the country as well i think women from your country will probably prefer waxed chest?

FizixFreak said:
I think it depends on the country as well i think women from your country will probably prefer waxed chest?

In my experience, no, but I'm just one guy... so...?

I'm not overly hairy, but I have a decent amount of chest-hair... it's never been an issue, but on the other hand, it's never been the main draw either. I'm not sure what women prefer, but I don't have any friends who wax except one who's a swimmer, and another who (as mentioned earlier) does a lot of bodybuilding.

nismaratwork said:
In my experience, no, but I'm just one guy... so...?

I'm not overly hairy, but I have a decent amount of chest-hair... it's never been an issue, but on the other hand, it's never been the main draw either. I'm not sure what women prefer, but I don't have any friends who wax except one who's a swimmer, and another who (as mentioned earlier) does a lot of bodybuilding.

Yes i also have just right amount of hair on my chest and i like it that way but this is too much i guess

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/2/27/128802749165865722.jpg

FizixFreak said:
Yes i also have just right amount of hair on my chest and i like it that way but this is too much i guess

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/2/27/128802749165865722.jpg

I guess... Once again I think we'd have to ask the ladies.

It's probably a matter of fashion for the most part, and the tendency of a region. We definitely need a female view or we lost lambs will never find home again. :wink:

wolram said:
Do girls like men with beards?

Fourteen years ago:

[PLAIN]http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/1640/qm550hjy2.jpg

turbo-1 said:
She doesn't want me to grow a goatee because my facial hair tends to be white.

My wife made me shave off my beard when it started going grey faster than the rest of my hair. She said that it made her look old by association. My hair is also shorter now.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

George Jones said:
Fourteen years ago:

[PLAIN]http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/1640/qm550hjy2.jpg

My wife made me shave off my beard when it started going grey faster than the rest of my hair. She said that it made her look old by association. My hair is also shorter now.:rolleyes:

Awwww... it's a young GJ rocking the bra-ket with chalk! Meeeeemmmmmoooorrrriiiess.

Oh, and, "old by association"?! OUCH... but really clever. Oh, and intersting way you write your Sigmas. :wink:

I've gone without shaving for about two weeks now, and my intent is to continue not shaving until the end of the next term, then shave right before teaching my final lab section, just to freak out the students. (Also, I figure a beard will deter students from coming to my office hours)

I also have done some teaching..., beard or no beard i think the personalty of the teacher really has a direct effect on the minds of the students specially the females which in my case must never have been positive:frown:

Last edited:

This thread has attracted no females....,how unfortunate!

FizixFreak said:
This thread has attracted no females....,how unfortunate!
hypatia, lisab and Evo made comments in the first two pages.

Astronuc said:
hypatia, lisab and Evo made comments in the first two pages.

Only three females..., i think this guy deserves better than that

[PLAIN]http://www.listicles.com/wp-content/upload/hoff_jacket.jpg

:smile:

No but seriously no female has made comments on chest hair i talked about woman's choice on chest hair in the previous posts.

Some chest hair is ok, but my goodness... that's way too much lol

mcknia07 said:
Some chest hair is ok, but my goodness... that's way too much lol

Too much chest hair...,thats the only thing bad you notices in this picture?:smile:

He looks like the guys in the Geico commercials... the cavemen lol

FizixFreak said:
Too much chest hair...,thats the only thing bad you notices in this picture?:smile:

Yeah...he's a bit too, erm, effeminate for my taste. Looks like he'd spend waaaaay more time on his hair than I do on mine. That's never good.

lisab said:
Yeah...he's a bit too, erm, effeminate for my taste. Looks like he'd spend waaaaay more time on his hair than I do on mine. That's never good.

For some reason i have a hunch that some ladies would prefer this

hugh-jackman-shirtless4.jpg

over this

ripped-abs-11.jpg

Am i right?

FizixFreak said:
For some reason i have a hunch that some ladies would prefer this

hugh-jackman-shirtless4.jpg

over this

ripped-abs-11.jpg

Am i right?
Except the first guy has weird facial hair.

And what's his nmae in the jacket and speedo is just creepy.

Evo said:
Except the first guy has weird facial hair.

And what's his nmae in the jacket and speedo is just creepy.

Evo... That's Hugh Jackman preparing to play 'Wolverine'... that's the character's facial hair style, not his.

Speedo boy is... Baywatch... bad singing... eating burgers off the floor while blind drunk...

...That's right Evo it's... David "I can't feel my feet" Hasselhoff!

nismaratwork said:

Evo... That's Hugh Jackman preparing to play 'Wolverine'... that's the character's facial hair style, not his.

Speedo boy is... Baywatch... bad singing... eating burgers off the floor while blind drunk...

...That's right Evo it's... David "I can't feel my feet" Hasselhoff!
I don't get out enough. :redface:

Evo said:

Or... you're not the target audience for Marvel comics, and I was, and therefore always will be to some extent? I don't keep up, but Wolverine is a testosterone dream of young boys everywhere... having been such a young boy, I freely admit to having loved comic books.

Still... the Wolverine movie was pretty good...

As for Hasselhoff... you think it says something good about me that I recognize him, and you don't? You're the clear winner in this game of life Evo! :biggrin:

Evo said:

Well i can see that you really don't even i knew the name of the actor even though i am not American but then again you probably spent most of your time doing some thing productive and i would not be NEARLY as good at physics as you BUT i am very handsome with just the right amount of chest hair:biggrin:

If your dad doesn't have a beard, you've got two mums:

Adyssa said:

I mean it ROFL.

I've never heard that one, :smile: good stuff!

nismaratwork said:
I've never heard that one, :smile: good stuff!

I find it ironic that people are laughing at it despite the fact they might have two mums themselves:smile:(no offense just kidding)

Guys please stop posting things like this it will scare the ladies away:smile:

By the way does anyone remembers this

ahhhhhh..., good times:biggrin:

FizixFreak said:
I find it ironic that people are laughing at it despite the fact they might have two mums themselves:smile:(no offense just kidding)

Guys please stop posting things like this it will scare the ladies away:smile:

By the way does anyone remembers this

ahhhhhh..., good times:biggrin:

Lord, I haven't watched that in ages! Dexter's Lab was a favorite of a girlfriend years ago when it was first on... good memories, and a surprisingly smart and funny cartoon.

Adyssa said:
That's pretty funny. :smile:

My mom gave me a lot of grief about growing a beard and growing my hair long. :rolleyes:

I never liked shaving.

nismaratwork said:
Lord, I haven't watched that in ages! Dexter's Lab was a favorite of a girlfriend years ago when it was first on... good memories, and a surprisingly smart and funny cartoon.

"It doesn't matter if you have beard on the outside as long as you have a beard on the inside"

Best quote ever!:smile:

Astronuc said:
That's pretty funny. :smile:

My mom gave me a lot of grief about growing a beard and growing my hair long. :rolleyes:

I never liked shaving.

Ahhhh... oppositional behaviour of the bearded variery! *big j/k*

I have to admit, I like the results of shaving sometimes, but the process itself is pure BLEGH.

I'm ready for the sci-fi "sonic razors" and magic depilators that don't melt your face like taffy in glovebox.

FizixFreak said:
"It doesn't matter if you have beard on the outside as long as you have a beard on the inside"

Best quote ever!:smile:

Well, if you go 'Gold' here, we know what your signiture has to include. :biggrin:

nismaratwork said:
Ahhhh... oppositional behaviour of the bearded variery! *big j/k*

I have to admit, I like the results of shaving sometimes, but the process itself is pure BLEGH.

I'm ready for the sci-fi "sonic razors" and magic depilators that don't melt your face like taffy in glovebox.
I never liked the results of shaving, I never liked wearing colognes, and I generally don't like perfumes. I don't have the serious physio-chemical reaction that turbo has to perfumes or synthetic chemicals, but I find most perfumes irritating to my nose and eyes.

I think cosmetics and makeup are such a waste.

I also find hair on women acceptable, so it's not necessary for women to shave.

Astronuc said:
I never liked the results of shaving, I never liked wearing colognes, and I generally don't like perfumes. I don't have the serious physio-chemical reaction that turbo has to perfumes or synthetic chemicals, but I find most perfumes irritating to my nose and eyes.

I think cosmetics and makeup are such a waste.

I also find hair on women acceptable, so it's not necessary for women to shave.

I honestly respect your take on this but "HAIRY WOMEN":rolleyes:

FizixFreak said:
I honestly respect your take on this but "HAIRY WOMEN":rolleyes:

Hair is 'natural', and hair on womens' arms and legs actually feels soft like fur. Shaved skin is weird and stubble feels like sand paper - much like stubble on a man's chin.

Google on "stubble" and see what pops up. :smile: :rolleyes:

Back