Is it time for Random Thoughts - Part 4?

In summary: No, I'm not going to finish that.Some guy tried to sell me eh.. recreational tools today while I was getting groceries.I guess setting up a trashy website was too costly for him, so he just sold them in the frozen foods section at walmart.
I'm not in love, don't get me wrong and think you've got it made. lol

I keep your picture up on the wall, it hides a nasty stain that's lyin there

so don't you ask me to give it back

I know you know it doesn't mean that that much to me

ohhh you'll wait a long time.

Physics news on Phys.org
I need a vacation from planning my vacation. :-p

I stopped by Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday. I looked at some fishing lures and then strolled over to the gun department to see if they had any .22 ammo, they didn't.

There was an elderly (I am 73 so when I say elderly I mean really old) couple there and as I overheard them talking it became obvious that they were buying .223 caliber ammunition for their AR 15 which is an assault style rifle. I listened for a minute as the man told the woman all about grain weight and muzzle velocity. Finally she said: "I like the Remington brand best". He asked: "Why"? She said: I don't know I think I just like the green and yellow box".

Will there be a day where I forget about PF?

I need to stop wasting time and actually study.

Also, I hate all those social buttons in every thread ("Share this thread"). Does anyone really use those?

Borg said:
:biggrin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if-za0Lu7tI

edward said:
... She said: I don't know I think I just like the green and yellow box".

This reminds me of the time I went Seattle and purchased my last boat. The trailer it was on was painted green and yellow. I jokingly asked the gentleman if he was a Ducks fan. He turned kind of purple in the face. I think he was a Huskies fan.

Oops.

:redface:

Borg said:

This. And I always need one when I get back too.

First time doing some kind of work (other than a little bit of tutoring) in three years (I was in school.) About a third of what I made before, but it's on campus, not too demanding, and I feel like I'm still employable. I am also the oldest one there. (I think my supervisor is 10 years younger than me at least).

dkotschessaa said:
First time doing some kind of work (other than a little bit of tutoring) in three years (I was in school.)
Professional Student. Just sayin'.

OmCheeto said:
This reminds me of the time I went Seattle and purchased my last boat. The trailer it was on was painted green and yellow. I jokingly asked the gentleman if he was a Ducks fan. He turned kind of purple in the face. I think he was a Huskies fan.

Oops.

:redface:

I guess he hadn't quite finished the job ?...
sony+camera+088.jpg

http://anotherday-anotherdiaper.blogspot.com/2009/06/proud-owner-of-john-deere-boat.html

It's raining cats and dogs here but no lightning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACMlM1zyiWs

Man, it's nice to work again.

OUCH right knee, HARD on a metal bracket OUCH

breathe...breathe...breathe...breathe...breathe...

Yeah, that's going to leave a mark.

lisab said:
OUCH right knee, HARD on a metal bracket OUCH

breathe...breathe...breathe...breathe...breathe...

Yeah, that's going to leave a mark.
OW! Rub it, it will hurt, but getting blood circulation in the area will help.

If at first you don't succeed,

then skydiving is not for you.

:-p :smile:

Evo said:
OW! Rub it, it will hurt, but getting blood circulation in the area will help.

You know what's funny about that - it really works! When we would get hurt in martial arts class years ago, the teacher would have us take the object that hurt us and rub it hard against the hurt area. She said, "It transfers the energy back to the object."

L!
O!
L!

But I can't deny, it took the pain away :biggrin:!

lisab said:
You know what's funny about that - it really works! When we would get hurt in martial arts class years ago, the teacher would have us take the object that hurt us and rub it hard against the hurt area. She said, "It transfers the energy back to the object."

L!
O!
L!

My wife and I are being terribly battered by our new bed foot board. I went "14 days without an incident" but now I have several bruises. I am getting ready to do one of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsBB93IqJkE

lisab said:

L!
O!
L!

And it might get the hurt area away sometimes!:biggrin:

Battered feet?
Try sleeping in flippers. Snorkels are great for headboard protection.

ChiralWaltz said:
Battered feet?
Try sleeping in flippers. Snorkels are great for headboard protection.

Spoken like someone without a footboard!

dkotschessaa said:
Spoken like someone without a footboard!

I never understood the purpose of feetboards on a bed. I sleep in a king to keep my feet from getting bored.

Replace the footboard with a diving board. Doing lots of flips before bed helps one sleep like a log. This prevents the frying of feet caused by tossing and turning during the night.

Last edited:
ChiralWaltz said:
I never understood the purpose of feetboards on a bed. I sleep in a king to keep my feet from getting bored.

Replace the footboard with a diving board. Doing lots of flips before bed helps one sleep like a log. This prevents the frying of feet caused by tossing and turning during the night.

It's not the feet. It's the shins and thighs from walking past it. The mattress is higher than the foot board, so you can't see it. I also came straight down on it (whilst goofing off) on the spot right below my knee once about 3 weeks ago. It still hurts!

ChiralWaltz said:

We just wanted a pretty bed: http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/0183966_PE335106_S5.JPG

Yesterday, one of my FB friends posted a picture of herself and her brother near Manhattan Kansas, sitting on top of some kind of informative monument.

I thought it might be Mt. Sunflower, as it looked kind of high up in the air, and I didn't know where Manhattan was, so I posted a comment.

Mr. Spellcheck though, decided that I didn't know what I was talking about...

OMG. Did they build a monument on top of Mr. Sunflower?

Some confusion followed, but they now know all about Mount Sunflower. :smile:

14220551219_b685b2f4bc_o.jpg

Ugh, Lie Groups don't know if I hate them or love them.
Generating weight diagrams by hand for an assignments makes me question my intelligence every 3 calculations...

Nationalism is bad for the human race.

http://vimeo.com/m/83583618

Last edited by a moderator:
I never got car adds in the mail until I bought my first new car. After that I got lots of adds telling me about all these different cars that are available and how good the prices are.
Obviously, these people need new marketing experts, because the person least likely to buy a new car is someone who just bought one.

I got a solicitation call the other day from someone claiming the government had millions and millions of dollars to give away as part of a home energy improvement program. He asked me how many square feet my house was, and what my minimum and maximum electric bills were. When I told him, he hung up on me.

That was a first.

Next time, I think I'll cut them off, tell them my home is solar powered, and my energy bills are zero. Maybe they'll hang up even faster. :smile:

Friday the 13th? Full Moon? bah!

I'm going moonlight canoeing with my wife (in gator inhabited waters) tonight. can't wait!

Have fun, dekotschessaa! Out doors activities at night are a lot more fun during a full moon.

dkotschessaa said:

I'm going moonlight canoeing with my wife (in gator inhabited waters) tonight. can't wait!

Be sure and wear aluminum foil hats, as there's also a coronal mass ejection expected to hit today.

Also, wear life jackets, as the lunar and solar em interference may cause rogue wavefronts, tipping your canoe.

dkotschessaa said:

Be careful, just read the news yesterday, they found the body parts of a man that was snatched out of a boat by a gator.