Is it time for Random Thoughts - Part 4?

In summary: No, I'm not going to finish that.Some guy tried to sell me eh.. recreational tools today while I was getting groceries.I guess setting up a trashy website was too costly for him, so he just sold them in the frozen foods section at walmart.
Raise your hand if the first thing you ever did on Google Maps was to look for your house.

*3/4 parts of the internet raise their hands*

Physics news on Phys.org
Psinter said:
Raise your hand if the first thing you ever did on Google Maps was to look for your house.

:) If I remember correctly I think I started with looking for the Great Wall of China. Sadly, that's not an estate I own.

DennisN said:
:) If I remember correctly I think I started with looking for the Great Wall of China. Sadly, that's not an estate I own.
:smile:

OmCheeto said:
I met Integral one day. I'm about 5'7". He's about 7'5". So the cartoon is drawn to scale. :-p Oh! and he has a long white beard too. And I always have my hands on my hips on the last day of trivia. hmmm...
How is Integral's beard on attractiveness level OmCheeto?
http://hugelolcdn.com/i700/104830.jpg

Is it on Gandalf level?

Last edited by a moderator:
Psinter said:

*3/4 parts of the internet raise their hands*

First hand.

We played Doom II on LAN. Our plasma rifle vaporized anyone on the staircase while We climbed to the death match BFG. Now we can calculate our shots. Can I shoot now? We have turned friendly fire off.

Psinter said:
How is Integral's beard on attractiveness level OmCheeto?
http://hugelolcdn.com/i700/104830.jpg

Is it on Gandalf level?

I don't know, as I'm no longer into cosmetics.

[PLAIN]http://www.europa.com/%7Egarry/pf.2014.07.04.1422.minds.jpg[/CENTER]

I'm attracted to minds.

ps. Evo and I still haven't set the date. :!)​

OmCheeto said:
I don't know, as I'm no longer into cosmetics.

I'm attracted to minds.

ps. Evo and I still haven't set the date. :!)
Hahaha! :smile:

To all of this Evo will reply: Mind yourself.

Or maybe: Thanks for minding me.

Yeah, I suck at English jokes.

Ooh, we need to set the date!

I looked at Area 51 because I always wondered how they handled that.

Evo said:
Ooh, we need to set the date!

Hhheeeeeeyy can I be the...I dunno, the flower girl? Ring bearer? Drunk relative causing mischief and singing off-tune over the band?

Totally, completely unrelated: I have to clean my refrigerator tomorrow. My strategy: be non-confrontational. Don't make eye contact. No loud noises or sudden moves. If I don't post after tomorrow, call...um, I guess call Men In Black.

Even more totally unrelated: Where is BobG?

https://www.physicsforums.com/member.php?u=8764

I hate it when regulars go missing .

lisab said:
Hhheeeeeeyy can I be the...I dunno, the flower girl? Ring bearer? Drunk relative causing mischief and singing off-tune over the band?

How are the cider trees coming along? We can all be causing mischief!
Totally, completely unrelated: I have to clean my refrigerator tomorrow. My strategy: be non-confrontational. Don't make eye contact. No loud noises or sudden moves. If I don't post after tomorrow, call...um, I guess call Men In Black.
Totally unrelated, aside from the refrigerator: I just put 15 pounds of fresh salmon in my refrigerator. I've never put fish in my refrigerator before in my life. I know from past experiments that the temperature is right around 32.2°F. Does anyone know how long it will last? I was going to smoke it, but being the 4th, I figured the stores would be all closed, and didn't venture out to buy smoking things. I have a smoker, which I bought 15 years ago, in anticipation of yesterday.

Where the hell is Obi wan Kenobi when you need him?

It looks like he last posted in a thread related to "driving".

I think I mentioned previously, that that should be a banned topic.

It's worse than religion and politics, combined.

Come back BobG!

:cry:

Last edited:
OmCheeto said:
I have a smoker, which I bought 15 years ago, in anticipation of yesterday.
LOL! Talk about long term thinking. Now I get why you are into minds. Everything's related.
_______

I've lost quite the amount of blood during the past 4 days. Luckily I know what's wrong and how to fix it. I'll fix this like a boss, you'll see.

I'm fine, it's just pain and blood, no big deal. I should be fine by the end of the next week. ;)

lisab said:
Drunk relative causing mischief and singing off-tune over the band?

Count me in. I will sing in Polish so you will never know whether it is SFW and whether you can show the wedding movie.

lisab said:

Ooh, all of the above! :approve:

LOL, love it! I need to do an expedition into my fridge soon. Did I mention that last month a fillet of salmon mysteriously appeared in my freezer? I didn't put it there. That day the maintenance man and Evo Child were both at my house. They both have denied placing it there. I believe it wasn't Evo Child as she's not known to travel with frozen fish, and if it was hers, she'd want it back. I think perhaps the maintenance man might have been given the individually sealed fillet (it was in a large bag of a Target brand) and didn't want to leave it in his golf cart in the heat, so was sticking it in the freezers of the homes he had to work in and forgot it in mine and is afraid to claim it since he's not allowed to do that. Other than that...

He's taken off like this before, but it always worries me when a good member *disappears*.

Thank you UPS.

What was that Disney movie called about a sword being in a stone?

It's hot outside. And humid. I'm thirsty. I think I'm going to get me some
http://legacy-cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/4/products-19.jpg
Or not.

It is in Polish - and means luck.

Can't say I ever tried this particular juice.

Borek said:
The Sword in the Stone perhaps?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sword_in_the_Stone_(film )

That sounds right. I think it is about Young King Arthur and his apprenticeship under Merlin. I will have to watch it with my son. It may be an older movie (1963) but I remember enjoying it as a child.

Oops, link is broken - add the closing parenthesis.

DennisN said:
It's hot outside. And humid. I'm thirsty. I think I'm going to get me some
http://legacy-cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/4/products-19.jpg
Or not.

In French, it means ski wax. And the process of applying the wax is (obviously) fartage.

There was an advertising campaign for the Airbus A380 with the slogan "bigger, faster, farther". They had this on the side of the demo aircraft, but unfortunately the letters "her" were on one of the doors.

I can't find any pictures on the web with the door open, but there were a few in the aerospace press at the time.

OmCheeto said:
I needed this...

... Large Hadron Collider

They never said what actually happens to the pennies they've been throwing in there!

lisab said:
They never said what actually happens to the pennies they've been throwing in there!

That was my favorite line. :smile:

Oh my god.
Cannot believe what I am seeing on the television.
Rigged?

HomogenousCow said:
Oh my god.
Cannot believe what I am seeing on the television.
Rigged?

What is rigged?

*peeks in*

Holy moly! Char! How is ya?

I'm doing well. About as well as can be, haha. And you?

Nice to know you are alive.

Borek said:
Nice to know you are alive.
At least until Evo finds out that he popped in and disappeared again while she was sleeping.

Yep, sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Borg said:
At least until Evo finds out that he popped in and disappeared again while she was sleeping.

I'm still here, I was just reading 30 pages of funny political images, haha.

Char. Limit said:
I'm still here, I was just reading 30 pages of funny political images, haha.
Good to see you again Char. Going to stick around a while? Your last post was almost a year and a half ago.